Options

What album will PJ be most famous for?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    for the casual fans and people who hardly know PJ, TEN.
    For us, real fans, each will have its favorite.
    Mine is vitalogy.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Last Kiss *cries*
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    TipJammer wrote:
    I bet it will be the 97 Christmas single most people end up remembering 30 years from now. More than likely.

The thing about this one is that a lot of people don't even know that this was Pearl Jam, they think it was just some one hit wonder. So, i agree with Ten because non-hardcores will associate it with PJ.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    creamcream Posts: 2
    Obviously going to be Ten. I'm sure its the album that got most of the people on this board into them for a start!

The album I'll most remember them for is probably Vs or Vitalogy
    Underneath this smile lies everything, all my hopes, anger, pride and shame.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Murderers wrote:
    Last Kiss *cries*
    TipJammer wrote:
    I bet it will be the 97 Christmas single most people end up remembering 30 years from now. More than likely.

you pair can't even remember the thread title.. it's asking what ALBUM will they be most famous for. :rolleyes:

my answer is In Utero
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    dunkman wrote:
    you pair can't even remember the thread title.. it's asking what ALBUM will they be most famous for. :rolleyes:

my answer is In Utero
    Hahaha. Kudos for amusing me.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    i think it will be ten but vs cant be too far behind
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    a better question would be what SONG will they be remembered for...but to answer your question it is definately Ten
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with Ten, it's a great record from a young, pissed off band with a ton of energy, but I think it should be Vitalogy.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    If you asked the same question about Nirvana, you would get the same answer...Nevermind. 10, Nevermind, Dirt, etc. are the albums that broke the scene wide open so of course they will be remembered the most.

Of course that doesn't mean they are the best!
  • Options
    This is a no-brainer...without question it's "Ten".

If "Ten" was never created, this message board would not exist...period.
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    Its the same for all bands though, with very few exceptions..

Beatles - Sgt Pepper
    Who - Tommy
    Nirvana - Nevermind
    U2 - Joshua Tree
    Springsteen - Born To Run
    Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill
    Guns n Roses - Appetite
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,274
    Will it always be Ten?

ten it shouldnt but it will be!!
    danny d
  • Options
    Ian_L wrote:
    Ten is a good album, I don't know why 10C members always seem to put it down. :(
    Totally agree....great album beginning to end.

And this will, hands down, be the record they are remembered for. Soooo many of the casual fans only know this one, and maybe a little of VS. Not a bad album to be remembered for though
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Ian_L wrote:
    Ten is a good album, I don't know why 10C members always seem to put it down. :(

Yes - "Ten" is great! And I personally will never "put it down...." (Porch, Release....EXCELLENT songs!) With that said - "Yield" is so great and so is Vitalogy - probably my favorites - (without considering their bootlegs, that is!)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Its the same for all bands though, with very few exceptions..

Beatles - Sgt Pepper

Um, well, the Beatles will be remembered for their entire catalog.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    You know according to all the non-pearl jam fans, or once posers, it's always going to be Ten. Anyone else feel this way?

Now to all of us it may as well be different album. To each their own. As for me, I can't decide it's different for me every time it all depends on my moods and my needs for listening to make me feel all better.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Will it always be Ten?

Yes. But i agree it should be Vitalogy.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Murderers wrote:
    Last Kiss *cries*
    You're right, you're so fucking right, that according to the music charts was the best song they ever put out. And what really kills it for me is that it's a song that they didn't even write, great cover thou but I fucking hate it. Damn music industry and top 40.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    alliw719alliw719 Posts: 99
    Well, hopefully Ten, or Vs.

It would be better to be those than the Guitar Hero Even Flow I guess.
    "Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues you can tell by the way she smiles."
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    10, probably should be VS.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    It would probably be Ten.
    To Someone Who Needed To Move Their Car:"Congratulations! You win,you get towed!"-E.V.

ilovesinging-The crazy lady that you catch in detention. Yeah,you can talk to me.
    I am me-I would love to keep it that way.
  • Options
    It's Ten or Vs. and if you think about those are the songs they play the most in concerts.

Black, Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy (Do you remember how huge the video was at the time. My friends who only listen to rap know this song and video.) These songs were all huge hits. Throw in live favorites like Why Go, Porch and Release and you have the makings of a classic. Oceans, Garden, and Once are great songs as well. The only one I skip is Deep but even that could be a monster rocker if they brought it back live similarly to the Why Go revival.

I don't see how it could be any album except Ten. Of course I vote for Vs. because that will always be my favorite.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    Their next one.... Wouldnt that be nice?
  • Options
    It's gonna be Ten. It's also better that way.

I remember when you couldn't get a ticket and douches you hated wore pj stuff.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.