Essential Pedals?

2»

Comments

• MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    After being discouraged from buying a multi-effects pedal (thanks!), i went out and bought some stuff. I got a new TS9 and a new Phase 90. In the last week, I got a Rotovibe for $80 and a Budwah for $100... $180 that would have been $320 new. Besides a delay, I can't even figure out what else I need.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    After being discouraged from buying a multi-effects pedal (thanks!), i went out and bought some stuff. I got a new TS9 and a new Phase 90. In the last week, I got a Rotovibe for $80 and a Budwah for $100... $180 that would have been $320 new. Besides a delay, I can't even figure out what else I need.

SEriously, check out the sound clips on the ZVEX web-site.
    I'm defintely looking at a Fuzz FActory, but teh Box of Rock nailed teh MArshall sound perfectly.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    SEriously, check out the sound clips on the ZVEX web-site.
    I'm defintely looking at a Fuzz FActory, but teh Box of Rock nailed teh MArshall sound perfectly.

That's something I could definitely use, considering my amp is more of a Fender-like amp. How much do they go for? I'm trying not to spend a lot, yet I want to find another distortion/od pedal that will give me an alternative from my ts9. How do you think a big muff like your would complement the TS9?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    That's something I could definitely use, considering my amp is more of a Fender-like amp. How much do they go for? I'm trying not to spend a lot, yet I want to find another distortion/od pedal that will give me an alternative from my ts9. How do you think a big muff like your would complement the TS9?

I don't have a Big Muff. I was considering one, but I have swung in favour of the ZVEX. The Vexter Box of Rock is US$199 on ebay, and teh Fuzz is $179. They run a standard 9V centre neg power supply, or off battery forever, which is great. Peculiar power supplies are a major expense. Theya re small enough,that I am considering mounting it on my guitars strap so I can adjust stuff on the fly.

They are quite different. I think the Box of Rock would give you an authentic Marshall sound through your amp. The fuzz, like all of them is just overwhelming, so it doesn't matter what your base rig is, it's gonna sound the same.

Frusciante uses one, and Stadium Arcadium is a bit of a showcase of what the Fuzz Factory does.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I've also come to like the Box of Rox, I agree it does the cranked-wall-of-Marshalls sound excellent. I'd get one if money weren't an object, but there's other stuff that needs paying for (including vacation in September) so it will just have to wait.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1