easy pj songs?

2»

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Man this chick is just having her first lesson, and she's trying to play the YLB solo. It is a lot harder to accurately place notes in a solo than it seems. It is easy to get close, but the discipline of getting it exactly right is what makes a great player. Every great player has done the hard yards of learning to play classic pieces precisely, not "kinda", no matter what the instrument.
    I am really confused that so many people on this forum think that learning to play accurately by following written music is so uncool. I like to root around and have fun too, but a dose of organised disciplined practise boosts my playing hugely. My playing was held back for years by a lack of "as recorded" written music.
    Actually, if she got the tab from a magazine, it probably has the timing notation, but I still think it is a dubious place to start learning. I would hate to see her get put off by too steep a hill.

easy tiger :)

i'm just saying that you dont need to now how long to hold each note in a solo if you know that solo by ear anyway... take the simple one in Not For You that Stone does.... when i was first learning i had no idea how long to play these notes for (as the tab doesnt have this info) but because i knew the song i just played it as i knew it... i didnt need a piece of paper with musical notation telling me how long to hold the note for...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Yeah I know, it works for simple solos, but gets a lot harder as they speeed up and get more complex, plus it's not always easy to hear them in the mix. The YLB solo is a bit harder and way too much for beginner, I mean seriously now. I use a TAscam CD trainer to slow things down and get them right which helps a lot, but properly notated music helps a lot too. Maybe I just need all teh help I can get !!
    Are you in Glasgow, I have a best friend there, and will be visiting next year. I want to go to a proper cailie. I fuckin' love Jimmy's !!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Yeah I know, it works for simple solos, but gets a lot harder as they speeed up and get more complex, plus it's not always easy to hear them in the mix. The YLB solo is a bit harder and way too much for beginner, I mean seriously now. I use a TAscam CD trainer to slow things down and get them right which helps a lot, but properly notated music helps a lot too. Maybe I just need all teh help I can get !!
    Are you in Glasgow, I have a best friend there, and will be visiting next year. I want to go to a proper cailie. I fuckin' love Jimmy's !!!
    dude the yellow ledbedder solo is one of the easiest pj solo's to nail. i could do it after a month of playing. i think its a great way to learn about leads and bending and hammer ons pull offs etc. i am all self taught so far and i learnt it by myself. if you know how the solo goes you know how long to play the notes for. and its nice and slow too

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • so this week i hqve to practice hotel california from the eagles,

you guys know any pearl jam songs where i can put to use the F#7 and Bm chords i learned into [easy] use?
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    dylan rain wrote:
    so this week i hqve to practice hotel california from the eagles,

you guys know any pearl jam songs where i can put to use the F#7 and Bm chords i learned into [easy] use?
    sry, dont think there is any
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Pappas wrote:
    dude the yellow ledbedder solo is one of the easiest pj solo's to nail. i could do it after a month of playing. i think its a great way to learn about leads and bending and hammer ons pull offs etc. i am all self taught so far and i learnt it by myself. if you know how the solo goes you know how long to play the notes for. and its nice and slow too
    +1
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • BangBugBangBug Posts: 34
    Sad is a pretty easy one also, try it out.
    Toronto '96
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '00
    Toronto '03
    Hamiltion '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto 05/09/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pappas wrote:

If you have only been playing for a month and taught yourself this solo, then you better learn to smile nice cause you gonna be a star !!!
    More likely you don't play it right !!
    There are thousands of hopelessly inaccurate tabs on the net from self-rating dudes like you !!
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The first songs of PJ I could play were: Better man, immortality, not for you, nothingman...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • what about present tense?
    doesnt get much easier than drop d tuning...

and while lukin is very basic, im not sure that the timing required is easy for a beginner. first song i learned was alive, but i still cant play any of the solo!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Sometimes is a good one to play acoustic or clean on electric as well. Basically any of Ed's songs are pretty good for beginners.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    I could be odd...and well yeah I am but my 1st song was Comatose, then I moved on to Severed Hand and WWS. As you can see, the tour and new album along with me starting to play last march has had an effect on me. lol

I'm working on Gone, Alive, and Inside Job now...and my instructor would probably kill me if he knew. "Blues Andy..we're working on the blues". :D
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Drew263 wrote:
    I could be odd...and well yeah I am but my 1st song was Comatose, then I moved on to Severed Hand and WWS. As you can see, the tour and new album along with me starting to play last march has had an effect on me. lol

I'm working on Gone, Alive, and Inside Job now...and my instructor would probably kill me if he knew. "Blues Andy..we're working on the blues". :D

Don't sweat it. Alive is the Blues !!
    McCready has said that he crammed Ten with as many SRV licks as he could, and you can hear em everywhere, esp on Alive and Even Flow.
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    education !! i don't know why i never try to play that song before... is there a song more easy ??... i just find it yesterday by myself ... and now, i just can't stop play it !

em. Am

em. A C. D.

is it that ?
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    nothingman
    i am mine
    off he goes

...first three pj songs i learned
  • 420420 Posts: 24
    Crazy Mary is a great easy song....

My 2 cents...
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Corduroy, In My Tree, and It's OK.....are all pretty similar, learn one and you can play them all.

I call them "Seven Nine Songs", because they're all on frets 7 and 9....another 7-9 song is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.
  • I play metallica,ac/dc and some of dreamtheater so for me pearl jam songs are quickly and easy to learn.Especially betterman,nothingman,last kiss,alive,black..Maybe the song that keps me more time to learn was yellow ledbetter but it's easy anyway...But i love to play Alive with my band i like the vibe :D
    "Vocês são do caralho" Eddie Vedder 4/09/2006 Lisboa
  • I am mine is pretty easy also. Just a bunch of hand sliding. The chorus is 3 chords
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    Hail Hail shouldn't be that hard with some practice.
  • Am I the only one who started with Alive? The main riff is incredible and still
    gives me goose skin after all these years. The riffs contains almost everything a guitar player likes doing: a chord, slides, arpegg., bending, vibrato.

So begin with Alive to get that feeling of never stop learning to play pj songs.

I did, then i came across the guitarist magazine with the solo tabbed out, and now i play the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOLE thing!

Andrew
    "a wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw, delivered him wings said look at me now"
    we've all been given wings to fly, now all we have to do is soar
  • Pappas wrote:

its not the easiest solo, i worked it out last night, in comparison to wishlist, its hard. Make sure u record ureself playing it aswell, because its easy to ignore the mistakes when your bending, but when its recorded, they stick out like a soar thumb.
    "a wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw, delivered him wings said look at me now"
    we've all been given wings to fly, now all we have to do is soar
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pappas wrote:

after one month?

I'm not saying you are lying but i have a hard time believing that! :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Its a cover but its easy....Last Kiss: G Em C D
  • first song i ever learned was Alive, four chord chorus then picked up the slide
    "If I had known then, what I know now"