Updated Pedalboard pics!!

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, since the last time, I've added 2 overdrives (the main criticism from everyone here) and a Pitchblack!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1035205&l=4ef16&id=512465746

Everyone else, post your pedalboard pics!
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's a solid board. all the main bases are covered.

my direct board. still working on what stomps i'll use with it.
    http://fridgemagnetmanifesto.net/guitars/direct_board.jpg

the board for my amps. completely boring except the CE-2 and SD-1 are vintage japanese.
    http://fridgemagnetmanifesto.net/guitars/amp_board.jpg
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Hey guys, they are both sweet pedal boards. Very jealous! I'd post mine- but it sucks.

I asked Santa very nicely for a Keeley modded BD2 for Christmas. Mrs Claus told me on the sly that its a goer. Excited!
    (A purchase purely on the recommendations from reading this board I might add- so thanks all)
  • savman wrote:
    Hey guys, they are both sweet pedal boards. Very jealous! I'd post mine- but it sucks.

I asked Santa very nicely for a Keeley modded BD2 for Christmas. Mrs Claus told me on the sly that its a goer. Excited!
    (A purchase purely on the recommendations from reading this board I might add- so thanks all)
    I have a 'regular' BD-2, and if everything I've heard is right, boy you're in for a treat!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    I have a 'regular' BD-2, and if everything I've heard is right, boy you're in for a treat!

Yeah I cant wait! will be amazing. I have been burned in the past buying stuff 'sound unheard' but I have not heard a bad thing about them from all of the gurus on this board. So I thought why not! I have a stock TS-9 which is good. But i figure i might as well get a christmas present i am actually going to use over the hand towels i got last year. hehe
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    This is what came back with me on the plane yesterday from my last session
    (minus the Jekyll & Hyde, which was replaced by a Hermida Zendrive & a Carl
    Martin TremO'vibe). click: Anyhow, you've already seen this PIC, but . . .
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Here's my current board (as if you haven't seen the insane amount of pedals I use)...

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/?action=view&current=n1256850009_30053049_6998.jpg
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
    Here's my current board (as if you haven't seen the insane amount of pedals I use)...

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/xtremehardy388/?action=view&current=n1256850009_30053049_6998.jpg
    i think i use more on my board ;)
    ok, what part of "updated" got missed here.

haha.
  • exhausted wrote:
    ok, what part of "updated" got missed here.

haha.
    Good point, haha. Sorry...I just took the opp to show off my board
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Damn, I didn't have my two other pedals to put it at 18. You win, this time, Ian...you win...BUT, I have Six, soon to be SEVEN overdrive/Distortion pedals on my board...BEAT THAT, RADIOACTIVE MAN!
    captain tonesuck versus buffered bypassman. who will come out on top?
    Damn, I didn't have my two other pedals to put it at 18. You win, this time, Ian...you win...BUT, I have Six, soon to be SEVEN overdrive/Distortion pedals on my board...BEAT THAT, RADIOACTIVE MAN!
    :) with the added Hermida Zendrive I have 7 right now.
    As I said I've removed the J&H (which is actually two OD's in one).
    So I think I have 17 pedals on this board now, plus a stop/erase
    stomp for the RC-2 (switches for my amps aren't on the board).
    If I was to re-build this in another flight case I'd probably do it
    about 6-inches longer, & with wiring channels for cables & such.
    It's just way to damn heavy, I needed a wheeled luggage cart to
    pull it around the airport (I might build one with wheels next time).
    I built it to fit in an overhead compartment (which it does) so I don't
    want to change it to much or I'll never get it through airport security.
  • I'm putting the OC2 and the Marshall Gov on mine, eventually.
  • ianvomsaal wrote:

You know, really good players don't need a ton of pedals... I've narrowed it down from 8 to 3! ;)
    You know, really good players don't need a ton of pedals
    Since this is your first post in M&G I'll somewhat let you slide on this.
    Plain and simple - you're wrong - and it's a bit of a naive statement.
    Joe Bonamassa: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RfvqBrpKWIc&feature=related
    Mike McCready: we all know Mike usually has at least 10 pedals on his board (including or excluding the 4 on the MM4).
    The Edge (U2): lets not get started on Dave Evans pedalboard as it could easily go into 100 effects (especially with his rack gear).
    I'll stop here because the list of players with huge boards and effects racks will really start to get really big.
    xtremehardy has an ongoing pedal fetish that we all like to joke with him about.
    I play in studios for a living - I get payed to play by the recording industry - bone up next time.
    i guess since i use a pod i have 90+ pedals. and like 75 amps or something. haha.

no seriously, i love pedals but i've never been able to have more than 6 or so before i start having signal and noise issues.
  • You know, really good players don't need a ton of pedals... I've narrowed it down from 8 to 3! ;)
    Well...I'm glad you've already made up your mind about my guitar abilities before hearing me play...
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Mike McCready: we all know Mike usually has at least 10 pedals on his board (including or excluding the 4 on the MM4).
    The Edge (U2): lets not get started on Dave Evans pedalboard as it could easily go into 100 effects (especially with his rack gear).
    I'll stop here because the list of players with huge boards and effects racks will really start to get really big.
    xtremehardy has an ongoing pedal fetish that we all like to joke with him about.
    I play in studios for a living - I get payed to play by the recording industry - bone up next time.
    Fetish-addiction, it's all the same. None the less, i play a lot of different genres and I'm also getting paid to play music. I guess Omar Rodriguez is a terrible guitar player since he's got tone of pedals. It's also nice to know that, without hearing either of our work, and already "knowing" that we don't "need" those effects in the songs. Sorry, I'm a bit worked up. By the way, Ian, none of this is directed at you (no harm intended at all, I'm just worked up by that other guy)
    who turned the fun down?

relax.
  • exhausted wrote:
    who turned the fun down?

relax.
    Seemed like somewhat of an arrogant and insulting remark...that's when the fun went down
    Seemed like somewhat of an arrogant and insulting remark...that's when the fun went down

yeah, and you could have laughed it off instead of mounting the high horse and getting out the medal polish.
  • Well, to stay on-topic, I'll post this:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Current%20Gear/?action=view&current=Pedalboard-1.jpg

I decided to update my gear photos, so feel free to glance at the album:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/Current%20Gear/

Password for all is: mig

As for the "lots of pedals vs. few pedals" debate, there is no correlation between number of pedals and talent, by any measure. I believe that Clapton uses nothing besides a wah, and he's a great player. BB King and Angus Young plug straight in, and they're alright. Nels Cline uses a few pedals, as does Johnny Greenwood, and most of us like those guys... Dave Gilmour is on a lot of top-10 lists, and he has custom pedal systems manufactured by Pete Cornish, with a ton of stuff inside.

The only thing I would say is that there are too many guys out there who would rather add another pedal to his board than spend a few hours practicing. But then again, some guys (Johnny Greenwood, et al) use the guitar as an afterthought, and they "play" their pedals.

There aren't any absolutes, anyways. Zappa was a genius by some standards, and completely unlistenable by others. So, like pedals, don't like pedals, all the same to me...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Haha, the old number of pedals on a board debate. Absolutely ridiculous. It is not a sign of how good a player you are, more a showcase of the different sounds you wish to achieve and how you want your music to sound.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    ianvomsaal wrote:

He sounds alot like Eric Johnson.......
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.guitarfxdepot.com/rigs/matt-bellamy-muse-guitar-rig/

I've always appreciated the complexity of Matt Bellamy's rig.

The important thing to remember in all this is that there are multitudes of ways to get and create the sounds that you have in your soul. Often times It makes sense to unplug all the gadgetry, and just go strait in to remember what that's like and work on techniques, then you can kind of reconnect and re focus your energy into what effect you might want or find a new sound.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Well...I'm glad you've already made up your mind about my guitar abilities before hearing me play...

Lighten up boys.. I said that with tongue in cheek.. Sorry to shake you up so bad..
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Often times It makes sense to unplug all the gadgetry, and just go strait in to remember what that's like and work on techniques, then you can kind of reconnect and re focus your energy into what effect you might want or find a new sound.

Funny you say that!

I have a whole lot of pedals laying around, but currently I’m liking this combination:

No pedals, basic Es-355 into Marshall.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/Guitars%20and%20amps/DSC08109.jpg

When I can’t turn the Marshall up to 7 then my old Roland OD-1 is a trusty great sounding piece.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/Guitars%20and%20amps/DSC08104.jpg

when i want more color, the Womantone pedal adds a little darkness and I love that Roland Space Echo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/Guitars%20and%20amps/DSC08100.jpg

This is a great combination!
    The Truly Beautiful Disaster is an amazing weird and scary pedal. It has moods and you never know what’s going to come out of that thing. It has an effect pedal feedback looper on which I stuck a Vaughn modded TS-9 and my trusty old Ibanez AD-9 analog reverb. You can set up pretty trippy weird feedback that you can control with your playing. Sometimes!
    Then run it through my Prescription Electronics Experience which has moods and you never know what’s going to come out of that thing either then through the Space Echo so it repeats my mistakes over and over. :D
    It works great for my art gallery gigs.
    Chaos as art!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/Guitars%20and%20amps/DSC08099.jpg

Like Exhausted, I have a Line 6 Pod LiveXT floorboard which has 75+ effects and all kinds of amp modelers but unlike him, I have no idea how to work that thing so it doesn't even count. :o
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

http://www.dreamt.org/spinfrog/guitars/Pedalboard.jpg

Toys!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    You know, really good players don't need a ton of pedals... I've narrowed it down from 8 to 3! ;)

I don't need any pedals. I want them.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Lighten up boys.. I said that with tongue in cheek.. Sorry to shake you up so bad..
    Tis all good. Long week. Sorry to get riled up