Options

Boom?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SilverSeed wrote:
    So OAR are a frat band according to this board... they have horns. Now if PJ adds horns the frat boys will leave? Geez, if I was a typical frat boy I'd be pretty confused. Also I didn't know this was a problem at PJ shows...

If you were a typical frat boy, I think tying your shoes would be confusing enough.

Joking. But seriously....frat boys are stupid meatheads.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    I feel that boom should not be up for EVERY song. He should be up there for songs written with the organ originally with very very few exceptions (i.e. crazy mary). In my opinion he's really not that great at organ/keyboard. He really ruins a good amount of songs. Just my opinion
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I didn't get that at all. I remember EV looking absorbed in that moment.

As far as Boom's inclusion during this tour, I hope it is just Boom and Eddie with his yuke. ;)
    I got the same feeling. Boom was so honored to be playing that organ..it brought tears to my eyes.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I like what Boom is doing for the band, but I'll be the first to say...he isn't a virtuoso in the least. Even in Picture In a Frame in the church, he fucks up that song he is playing a good two or three times.
  • Options
    I like Boom, but if we could kill Crazy Mary i'd be happy.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I like Boom, but if we could kill Crazy Mary i'd be happy.

Yeah, not a big fan of that song either.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I got the same feeling. Boom was so honored to be playing that organ..it brought tears to my eyes.

umm, we're talking about the same dvd, right?
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    I think Ed wasn't smiling because he was thinking how daft it was of him to wear that sweater when he knew he'd be filmed that day.

I didnt think about this possibility. lol.
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    Come to think of it.....Boom might be the cause for increased ticket prices.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    I LOVE BOOM! Don't be hatin'! ;)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    Anyone else still holding out hope that Boom won't show up for this tour or have most people come to accept him as the sixth man?

I just can't get into those organ jams that are only stealin' time away from Mike. Boom has single handedly killed Crazy Mary.

I HAVE AN IDEA!! Don't Go.

Dick.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    WTF!!!!!!! the way Boom and mike feed off each other during Crazy Mary is unbelievable, if he doesn't tour with them they shouldn;t play that song at all, that song was THE highlight of the Van 03 show i went to;)

I would have loved to have heard that, but I was still in my cocoon.
    Boom is sweet.
  • Options
    he doesn't bother me as much as matt singing and the fng drum solo in even flow really bugs me

haha

other than that
    yay matt ur not fired yet!

Anyone else still holding out hope that Boom won't show up for this tour or have most people come to accept him as the sixth man?

I just can't get into those organ jams that are only stealin' time away from Mike. Boom has single handedly killed Crazy Mary.
  • Options

I like Boom,change is good.
    Cant touch the bottom...

London 96.
    Manchester 00.
    London 07.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    It is what it is. They turned him down on the 06 boots which I liked, but he does add something to Crazy Mary for sure. A couple of those versions remind me of a Dead jam. I still hate it on my In My Tree, but I'd rather hear an organ than not hear it all. They hardly ever play it now it seems.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of Boom. I agree with many of you that he does not fit in with the music...however its hard to dis him.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I love the fact that Boom came on board.
    I agree that the keys do not go with Rocking in the free world.
    But he kicks ass on Crazy Mary.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956

Anyone who is against Boom goes against Pearl Jam.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    SilverSeed wrote:
    I heard those first two SF shows weren't very good...

you're kidding, right? Both those shows were ridiculously good
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I love the personal attacks just because I don't like Boom.

I understand... there was a time when I was very defensive of the band and anybody criticizing them pissed me off. I think its a phase everyone goes through during the life cycle of a Pearl Jam fan.

My 10C # is 171XXX. I've seen them 23 times from Georgia to Ontario, New Jersey to Illinois and everywhere inbetween. I'll be catching them 3 times this tour. I can be a Pearl Jam fan and not like what Boom has become.

rhcpjam6306, Boom is not Pearl Jam. He's one of Eddies surfin buddies from Hawaii that hit the jackpot.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    He's one of Eddies surfin buddies from Hawaii that hit the jackpot.

Now THAT is funny!....Nicely done.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.