Options

The Great Drummer Debate

13»

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    No, Matt is not technically the best drummer. That was Dave.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    MattyJoe wrote:
    No, Matt is not technically the best drummer. That was Dave.

Yeah, we get it already ... Photo of Dave. A, Kleenex box, you, and your wife out with the gals ...
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    Yeah, we get it already ... Photo of Dave. A, Kleenex box, you, and your wife out with the gals ...

lol..i like you better on the porch ;)
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    They were all great Drummers.Dave A. was hard.Jack had great funk.But I would hve to say Matt C. wins it.He can cover both guys and come on he was in Soundgarden for Christ sakes!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Jack was the greatest,No Code and Yield are the two most talked about albums on here and his drumming played a pretty important part in that.I think Dave and Matt were both enormously talented also but Jack's the most enjoyable to listen to.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    One Matt standout for me is Hail Hail ... His approach to this song really does strike me as perfect. The fills he does stand out and yet at the same time mesh perfectly well with the rest of the music, creating a real sense of dynamism ... Jack was steady and rolling during this tune ... Matt adds a lot of spark.
  • Options
    ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    I like Matt the best...then Dave!