Options

Donate a used cell phone and get a PJ VIP bag

nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I posted this in another spot but thought this was cool enough to get its own thread:

HopeLine®
Fans will have the opportunity to donate their old wireless phones at each stop of the tour by simply bringing no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries and accessories with them and dropping them in the HopeLine® donation area at each venue.

The first 50 people making a donation to HopeLine will receive a special Pearl Jam VIP gift bag. All Verizon Wireless customers making donations at each concert venue will receive a free Pearl Jam ringtone and ringback tone for bringing their old phones and accessories to the show.

The HopeLine® program puts the nation’s most reliable wireless network to work in communities by turning unused wireless phones into support for victims of domestic violence.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Really? Because I have an old phone that could be donated.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    nfanel wrote:
    I posted this in another spot but thought this was cool enough to get its own thread:

HopeLine®
    Fans will have the opportunity to donate their old wireless phones at each stop of the tour by simply bringing no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries and accessories with them and dropping them in the HopeLine® donation area at each venue.

The first 50 people making a donation to HopeLine will receive a special Pearl Jam VIP gift bag. All Verizon Wireless customers making donations at each concert venue will receive a free Pearl Jam ringtone and ringback tone for bringing their old phones and accessories to the show.

The HopeLine® program puts the nation’s most reliable wireless network to work in communities by turning unused wireless phones into support for victims of domestic violence.

damn greedy corporations!!! when will they STOP?!?!?!?! ;):D
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,121
    Do you have to have accesories with the phone? I got a Razr in good shape, I just dont have accesories
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'll bring mine in even if I don't get the bag...i have a few old ones
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    nice!

good job! i love the donation sites that get old cell phones into domestic abuse shelters, etc. such an easy thing to do and yet such a help to many. kudos!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    I'll bring mine in even if I don't get the bag...i have a few old ones

Wow, looks like we have a saint in our presence....donating without getting something back!
    :)
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Do you have to have accesories with the phone? I got a Razr in good shape, I just dont have accesories
    nope, you don't have to have the accessories. these phone drives are actually ongoing but it's cool to see they'll be collecting at the concerts. i wonder what's in the "VIP" bag?? :)

more info on Hopeline:
    Verizon Wireless collects no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries and accessories in any condition from any wireless service provider at our Communications Stores nationwide. Phones that can be refurbished are sold for reuse and those without value are disposed of in an environmentally sound way. Proceeds from the HopeLine program are used to provide wireless phones and cash grants to local shelters and non-profit organizations that focus on domestic violence prevention and awareness.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    damn greedy corporations!!! when will they STOP?!?!?!?! ;):D
    i know, right?!

whew. i'm worn out today from all of this defending of the free music giveaways!
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    i know, right?!

whew. i'm worn out today from all of this defending of the free music giveaways!

i honestly don't get it.....if i were in the band and saw some of the shit being talked about on here today, i'd break up the band....to be held accountable for things said 10 or more years ago is pretty sad....oh well......can you hear me now? ;):D:D
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    what's going on.... i missed it.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    what's going on.... i missed it.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=288244
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    cutback wrote:

Oh--thanks for the info. Craziness!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,724
    sweet! i got like 3 old cell phones that haven't been used for sometime. will have to bring them along on the trip.
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I wonder if this applies to the Who show as well
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i honestly don't get it.....if i were in the band and saw some of the shit being talked about on here today, i'd break up the band....to be held accountable for things said 10 or more years ago is pretty sad....oh well......can you hear me now? ;):D:D
    it's ridiculous.... they took some really exciting news and turned it into a slam against the band and their morals!! you think i'd be used to it around here but i still can't believe what a big deal this got turned into! :eek: i guess they want pj to start up their own phone company to avoid 'selling out' to those greedy b*stards at verizon. ;)
    Lukin66 wrote:
    I wonder if this applies to the Who show as well
    i think it's the pearl jam only shows. our internal website lists the shows and doesn't mention the who show...
  • Options
    sarah vesarah ve Posts: 43
    this is awesome because I have like a million old cellphones laying around!
    See you at the beach!! 6/17

~Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities~
    -Voltaire
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    so anyone know whats in the bags yet??
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Looks like the info is here:

http://www.pearljamconcerts.com/attheshow/hopeline.html

A tour shirt;
    A limited edition mini-poster; and
    Immagine DVD
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    mjb wrote:
    Looks like the info is here:

http://www.pearljamconcerts.com/attheshow/hopeline.html

A tour shirt;
    A limited edition mini-poster; and
    Immagine DVD
    and it's available for the Who show! Yeah!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    anyone see/do this yet? Just wondering where the stand is, how limited, what the stuff looks like, etc. Thanks

Eric
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    EJE201 wrote:
    anyone see/do this yet? Just wondering where the stand is, how limited, what the stuff looks like, etc. Thanks

Eric

also were they doing it inside the venue or outside? sounds like a great deal
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    EJE201 wrote:

Eric

I did it last night it Tampa.

Just find any of the verioz reps around the venue and ask them where the trade in section is.

I walked up, handed the guy an old beat up phone I used about 5 years ago, and he asked me what size shirt I needed and handed me a pack with an Immagine DVD, mini poster, and the t-shirt.

I would have liked a XXL shirt, but the biggest they have is XL...good enough.
  • Options

Just find any of the verioz reps around the venue and ask them where the trade in section is.

I walked up, handed the guy an old beat up phone I used about 5 years ago, and he asked me what size shirt I needed and handed me a pack with an Immagine DVD, mini poster, and the t-shirt.

can you post a pic of the poster and t-shirt?
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

• Options
    nimsu8 wrote:

its inside the venue

look on pics of tampa show of poster and tee at pearljamconcerts.com

free dvd in bag was really nice

the first 50 people they guarantee vip bag but they had enough for 100 at tampa

i got one no prob

doesnt seem like many of the event staff know about it. ask verizon van outside where "hope" table is. or ask event staff where hope table is and they r more likely to know what ur talking about!

Not many people in line because not widely advertised-didnt seem like any fans i told knew about it so a nice score for us!
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    nimsu8 wrote:

Yeah...give me till tomorrow...
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I got one and I am a happy camper! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    how new do the cellphones have to be?
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    Yeah...give me till tomorrow...

it's tomorrow :)

• Options

so how many of the bags did they have to give out? I think the original announcement said first 50 people. i hope theres more!
  • Options
    how new do the cellphones have to be?
    they can be in any condition. if they are unusable verizon will get rid of them in an 'environmentally safe' manner.