Options

Qestion about eddies range

2»

Comments

• Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    i'm curious...i've always had difficulty finding a good solid warm-up for voice. I never learned the proper technique of doing so, nor did I ever learn how to tell if I was doing it right. It's great to hear that you can expand your range by practice and warming up correctly, so what do people here use? Is there a standard warm-up that everyone seems to follow, and moreover, how do you know if you're doing it correctly? thanks.
  • Options
    Eddie goes higher than the A in "In Hidding"

"Dissident"

towards the end, the part which he now tends to speak, for good reasons:

"Escape is never the safest place" the beginning of the word safe is a high D. I'm not sure if that's in his head voice or not, but it is certainly not falsetto. I think he has more in falsetto, also, I know OCeans is an example of this, and there's a couple other good examples, I think.....
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    taratara Posts: 293
    I am not a great singer, but I have a lot of potential.. I swear if I just quite smoking and practiced more...id be so much better.

dude, you've got to not care as much, you've got to find your own style, so many fantastic rock singers had the smallest range (and don't ask me for an example right now...), it was just that they had their own style. ed's got a beautiful voice, he hits most of the notes, and it's got this fantastic resonance and passion (etc etc, we all know this), but then think of someone like cobain (sorry that i'm being obvious, but i was listening to bleach today...), didn't have a 'good voice', don't ask him for a scale or somethign, but he had this passion and anger, and just screamed every note, and that made him a good singer, just find your own style...
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein