What is the best digital multitrack recorder?

2»

Comments

• Yah I was thinking RAM, pretty cheap upgrade.

As far as FSB I have a 400MHZ, but thats AMD 400, there is some equaling factor there. Those 8billion Mhz Intel FSBs aren't faster than the 400 AMD ones. It's a different use of the technology, or a different technology. Just like how a 2.2 GHZ AMD is called a "3000+" and runs faster than and P4 3000 Mhz.

So what are the most amazing plugins that come in the factory bundle? Like which are the coolest ones that make it so worth it?

Check out this thing is stacking up in Canadian dollars.

Mbox 650.00 (i hope) > this one is already covered.
    Silent CPU fan 59.00 > a little steep for a heat sink
    AMD 3000+ 150.00 > price growing...
    512mb crucial RAM 100.00 > so dependable

so on top of the massive Canadian pricetag of the factory bundle I will be spending 310$ on computer upgrades...Ouch. thats 960 overall, I could get me a american strat for that much.

But then if you compare this to the price of the yamaha 16 track, and the fexibility I will get outa that Mbox, it seems more reasonable.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Well guys I got some really good news. Somehow the Mbox non factory is only 495 Canadian at long and mcquades. That is a friggin steal. If you guys from the states were to come over here you could save 50$ or so. Might be worth it if you live in, say, detroit.

So that being said the factory bundle is 620 CA. Not bad but thats still over 700 after tax. At 700$ the mbox stops sounding like a budget sollution eh.

If I don't get the factory bundle this all seems very stomachable at only 573 canadian after tax for the Mbox. I am still hoping some of you guys can tell me what is especially attractive about the factory bundle, like what tools does it come with that you use a ton, and stuff like that.

But good call on long and mcquade EX.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the big ones that i use constantly are maxim (a limiter), the cosmonaut voice (a filter) and the meequalizer.

http://secure.digidesign.com/index.cfm?page=templates/product_detail&PartNumber=LEIGH%201

but you can easily get by without them. i just really like them.
  • Hey EX,

Well before purchase I have been reading alot of reviews of Mbox. So I have a couple more questions for you.

1. What is this latency stuff I keep hearing about? Do faster systems resolve the issue?

2. Is it true that other than pro tools itself no full versions of software come with the Mbox, as in its all demos?