Selling my strat...

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
If anyone is interested in my Fender Fat Strat. It's in 3-way sunburst color, everything is original including the pickups. It does have a few scratches on the bottom part of the body and a few scratches here and there, I would say 8/10 condition.

I'll post pictures and everything if anyone is interested.

I'm looking for about 330$ with setup and shipped...$310 without setup and shipped :)

I'm selling this in order to get my Fender Deluxe Ash Strat :D

*****CHECK LAST POST FOR PICTURES*****
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Sounds like a deal, do i get it for less since you are like 20 mintues away from me?
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • T-Case wrote:
    Sounds like a deal, do i get it for less since you are like 20 mintues away from me?

Yeah why not $275 to save on shipping.

I just need to get this new job so I know I can afford the Deluxe Ash to pay for each month.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I may be interested indeed.
    I want to get a new guitar but don't want to spend the crazy cash.
    Can you post a pic?
  • I am thinking of selling my 65 Stratocaster if I can get a good price on it.

I know this is going to sound bad....but I don't really like it.

I picked it up at a garage sale for 250 bucks :)

I am thinking I would make a sweet dime off of it. (I would give it a 9-9.5/10 for condition)
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    I am thinking of selling my 65 Stratocaster if I can get a good price on it.

I am thinking I would make a sweet dime off of it. (I would give it a 9-9.5/10 for condition)
    an origional 65 strat?!?!?!?!?!?!?! how the hell did you get it for 250?!?!?!?!?
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    an origional 65 strat?!?!?!?!?!?!?! how the hell did you get it for 250?!?!?!?!?

Garage sales man....kids go off to college, and parents have garage sales, and they sell guitars and guitar gear and they have no idea what it is worth...everytime I see a garage sale I stop over to check it out.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Garage sales man....kids go off to college, and parents have garage sales, and they sell guitars and guitar gear and they have no idea what it is worth...everytime I see a garage sale I stop over to check it out.

I know a guy that got a NICE Martin at a garage sale for $50, and a guy who got a Les Paul for $400.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014

Good advice. I'll make sure to check those out when I see them.

I would imagine flea markets would be a good idea as well?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    DOSW wrote:
    Good advice. I'll make sure to check those out when I see them.

I would imagine flea markets would be a good idea as well?

Flee markets are harder to scope out....since alot of collectors of various items hit those spots. Garage sales (especially those that aren't advertised in the papers) are much more random.

My ex father-in-law is a garage sale junkie.

:p
  • yeah, it was pretty funny actually. I was cruising by and saw a nice looking bumper pool table, so I turned around to take a look. To my disapointment the table was already sold, but I looked around anyways, since I was there. Then I saw a closed case. I opened it and there it was. Now obviously, I thought it was a knock of, but even if it was, I figured it was still worth it.

It was labeled for 400, and I was like "ya knw, I can get a brand new guitar for that price"

I was shocked when I took it to get a good service / polish on it that it was the real deal. I kinda felt bad for knocking the price down, or even buying it at all for that price.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I know a guy that got a NICE Martin at a garage sale for $50, and a guy who got a Les Paul for $400.

Wow, I gotta check out some garage sales!!!!
  • I'm not getting rid of it right this second, in about 3-4 weeks I will have it gone, but I'm just giving a heads up to anyone who is interested. If T-Case doesn't take it (he lives like 10 minutes from me), and I have to ship it, I don't want to get rid of my soft case because I would ues that for my new strat, how would I ship it?
    Doesn't the American Deluxe come with a hard shell?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I'm not getting rid of it right this second, in about 3-4 weeks I will have it gone, but I'm just giving a heads up to anyone who is interested. If T-Case doesn't take it (he lives like 10 minutes from me), and I have to ship it, I don't want to get rid of my soft case because I would ues that for my new strat, how would I ship it?

good question, i have an answer.

go to your local shop, and ask fi they have any extra guitar shipping boxes (they will) and snag one. Then get some 1 metre (yard) foam wrap and do an EXTREMELY durable, tight wrap job finishing it off with a nice tape job all around. I would sugget shipping without strings, and make sure the wrapped guitar is packed tight in the box with newspaper, packign peanuts, whatever. The material cost will range, but it could be free if you swing a good deal. You shoudlnt need a case to ship it as long as its wrapped tight in foam, and packed tightly in an apropriate box. Just let the person know to cut the tape on the wrapped guitar lightly and carefully with a razor to avoid scratching the guitar.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • good question, i have an answer.

go to your local shop, and ask fi they have any extra guitar shipping boxes (they will) and snag one. Then get some 1 metre (yard) foam wrap and do an EXTREMELY durable, tight wrap job finishing it off with a nice tape job all around. I would sugget shipping without strings, and make sure the wrapped guitar is packed tight in the box with newspaper, packign peanuts, whatever. The material cost will range, but it could be free if you swing a good deal. You shoudlnt need a case to ship it as long as its wrapped tight in foam, and packed tightly in an apropriate box. Just let the person know to cut the tape on the wrapped guitar lightly and carefully with a razor to avoid scratching the guitar.

GOOD IDEA!

I would just have to get the wrap, I already have a guitar box from when I baught my Ibanez Hollowbody on ebay.
  • GOOD IDEA!

I would just have to get the wrap, I already have a guitar box from when I baught my Ibanez Hollowbody on ebay.

you know the stuff im talking about? its the yard wide, whatever length rolls. If you have ever watched American Chopper, they get all thier chrome and powder coated peices back in the same stuff, with shipping tape over it. Its great stuff.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    Doesn't the American Deluxe come with a hard shell?
    my deluxe ash tele came with a tweed
    I am thinking of selling my 65 Stratocaster if I can get a good price on it.

btw, how much you asking for?
  • I have had several PMs on this one, so my sell price....I dont know.

I have been offered 6500...but I know it is worth double that.

I probably wont part with it for under 10

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
    I have had several PMs on this one, so my sell price....I dont know.

Haha, If I had 10, it'd be sold.
  • I have had several PMs on this one, so my sell price....I dont know.

lets see some pics. i want to investigate this strat, just see how authentic it is. because if it is in mint all original condition your looking at about 20 grand. Then every peice that isnt original, pending on the part, knock abotu 2500 off that price. i'd like to see some under pickgaurd photos, and some detailed neck and bodies.

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Why the hell would you pay 10 grand for a guitar... I don't get it. But that's just me.

If I had that money I'd go on a world tour or something...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • lets see some pics. i want to investigate this strat, just see how authentic it is. because if it is in mint all original condition your looking at about 20 grand. Then every peice that isnt original, pending on the part, knock abotu 2500 off that price. i'd like to see some under pickgaurd photos, and some detailed neck and bodies.

I'll work on getting some pics on-line. Also, it is appraised at 23000. Now, I am not into the gear as much as most of you, but I know this is a gem. For me it just doesn't feel right, and it is a shame to leave this guitar on a rack. While it is appraised at 23000, I know that I would never get that for it.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • I'll work on getting some pics on-line. Also, it is appraised at 23000. Now, I am not into the gear as much as most of you, but I know this is a gem. For me it just doesn't feel right, and it is a shame to leave this guitar on a rack. While it is appraised at 23000, I know that I would never get that for it.

you bought it for 250, why dont you sell it for like 2500 to someone who will apreciate it, but may not have the honda civic or landscaping to give up to afford it. I know if i had a real expensive guitar i didnt like (which i have done) i have sold it for a good price to someone who truly enjoyed it. another i just smashed on stage too. 68 hagstrom.

• you bought it for 250, why dont you sell it for like 2500 to someone who will apreciate it, but may not have the honda civic or landscaping to give up to afford it. I know if i had a real expensive guitar i didnt like (which i have done) i have sold it for a good price to someone who truly enjoyed it. another i just smashed on stage too. 68 hagstrom.

I have given away several guitars. My buddy is bigtime into Fender, so I gave him my 65. I paid 9500 for that one, and I gave it to him because he could tear the shite outa it. I would give this away to they right person....I really don't care about the money. And I DO appreciate it, which is why it will be going to either somebody who shows their love for it monetaerially, or to somebody who I really feel desrves it. ALSO, as I stated ealier, this is a nice piece...I totally appreciate it beauty. That is why I am thinking of selling it...it doesn't feel right for me, but I know tha tfor others this would be the perfect guitar.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
    I have given away several guitars. My buddy is bigtime into Fender, so I gave him my 65. I paid 9500 for that one, and I gave it to him because he could tear the shite outa it. I would give this away to they right person....I really don't care about the money. And I DO appreciate it, which is why it will be going to either somebody who shows their love for it monetaerially, or to somebody who I really feel desrves it. ALSO, as I stated ealier, this is a nice piece...I totally appreciate it beauty. That is why I am thinking of selling it...it doesn't feel right for me, but I know tha tfor others this would be the perfect guitar.

We need more people like this guy.
    I have had several PMs on this one, so my sell price....I dont know.

dont sell it for less than 2250, i asked my uncle(luthier) today about how much one would be worth in fair cond., with orig. parts, and he said about that
    if your looking for someone to give it to, ill gladly take it off your hands. i promise ill never sell it.
    seanw1010 wrote:
    if your looking for someone to give it to, ill gladly take it off your hands. i promise ill never sell it.

HAHAHA! Sign me up! Seriously, try and find a teenage gearhead thats really committed. Make him promise never to sell it. I think that would be a great thing to do. I know I would really love that.
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    dont sell it for less than 2250, i asked my uncle(luthier) today about how much one would be worth in fair cond., with orig. parts, and he said about that

2250?? lol

as I said, it is appraised at 23 000

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key