Options

Post your set up!!

Echo FlangerEcho Flanger Posts: 60
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
So this I'm sure has been done before, and it will be done again. So let's get it out of our system.

Electric set up (for large shows and whatnot)
Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul (golden color), Fender 1962 Jaguar, and a Powerbeat Stratocaster imitation (for the grand finale, a.k.a. destruction/jam)
Effects: Poly Chorus, Echo Flanger (duh), Boss Metal Zone and Marshall Jackhammer
Amps: Marshall AVT 150 with Peavey speakers.

Acoustic set up (for smaller, classier shows)
Guitars: Palmer and a Fender Resonator
Effects: uhhh...
Note: We mic the guitars on to the speakers directly.

Well that's me... you???

I know, my set up sucks.
Ha ha I've a custy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Guitars: Fender Jazzmaster CIJ (Standard / Drop D Tuning), Squier Strat, MIJ (Tuned GGDGBD, more or less)
    Effects: Boss TR-2, Dunlop Hendrix Wah, Marshall Jackhammer
    Amps: London City MkV cheapass Marshall SLP copy into a London City 4x12 Cab with Purple Italian speakers

Planned Additions in near future: a tubescreamer, a Phase 90, a Fender Amp (Bassman or Twin)

Longer term: Volume pedal, Memory Man, maybe a compressor

The London City is in it's final repair before it goes on sale.. I now play trough a handbuilt solid-state shit machine.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    BrotherBrother Posts: 63
    Guitar:Fender Fat-Strat
    Effects:Zoom multi pedal(Chorus,VH Dist)Cry Baby Wah
    Amp:Peavey Envoy 110

I don't have much money so it's a simple setup.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/fender_stratocaster.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/fender_telecaster.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/gibson_les_paul_custom.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/rickenbacker_330-12.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/morgan_concert.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/taylor_355.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/pedals.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/fender_deluxe_reverb_reissue.jpg
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/rack.jpg that GE-7 has now moved onto the pedalboard

the fenders are american standards with seymour duncan stacked humbuckers, series/parallel toggles and custom pickguards. the gibson and the rickenbacker are stock. the acoustics both have lr bags active i-beam pickups.

pedal chain is:

acoustic: volume -> TU-2 -> boss GE-7 -> DL4 -> behringer MDX2200 rack compressor -> PA/recorder

electric: volume -> vox V847 -> TU-2 -> keeley compressor -> pharaoh class A boost -> keeley BD-2 -> NYC small stone -> TR-2 -> DL4 -> POD2.0 -> PA/recorder

i also have a fender deluxe reverb reissue with THD hotplate that i used when playing live.

the volume & TU-2 are common to both signal chains. i have an A/B box to split the signal between acoustic/electric placed after the TU-2. the DL4 has 2 ins and 2 outs that i can use independently so one side is for acoustic and one side for electric. the vox wah is heavily modified by me.
  • Options
    HiwattHiwatt Posts: 19
    Fender 60's sunburst Strat
    Fender 72' Custom black Tele
    Fender Am Sunburst Tele
    Gibson Les Paul honeyburst w/57' hums

I run a Fender 1965 Showmn with a 2x12 cab with Jensen alnicos and a Harry Joyce ( Hiwatt ) with a 4x12 Marshall cab w/greenbacks.

Guitar-->rotovibe-->phase 90-->Vox wah-->Fulltone Soulbender-->Tube screamer-->AB Switch-->Fender Showman w/reverb tank
    \--> Hiwatt
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    What the hell, why not... I'm not ashamed.

Electric Guitars
    -Fender Tele Sonic (Tobacco sunburst, stock)
    -Fender Custom Esquire (Tele with just a Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounder in the bridge)
    -Generic Les Paul (MIKorea, in pieces at the moment. Piece of crap)
    -1954 Danelectro DC-2 (original, stock, but in bad need of cosmetic repair and a good cleaning)

Effects
    -Ernie Ball Passive Volume
    -Dunlop Standard Wah
    -MXR Dyna Comp RI
    -MXR Phase 90 RI
    -Danelectro Daddy-O (waiting for money for Keeley Tubescreamers)
    -Ibanez DM1100 Digital Delay

Amps
    -1965 Fender Vibro Champ (newly reconditioned, with Weber 8" alnico speaker)
    -1974 Fender Bassman 50 (needs the internals cleaned, and new tubes, but gorgeous)
    -198? Marshall JCM800 Combo (50-watt, 2-channel, single 12" Celestion, model 4210)

The two Fender guitars are my primary ones, the Esquire gets more play time, just to keep the Tele Sonic safe. I have other effects (cheap Ibanez SoundTank Phaser, a DOD Metal Zone, some others) that I really don't use anymore, and to be honest, I hardly ever use the wah. I would list my bass gear, but it's in a state of flux, so all I can list is a MIM P-Bass that I absolutely love. Ditto my acoustics, I have two Yamahas (one dreadnaught acoustic, one cutaway acoustic-electric) that only Daddy could love. Oh, and a very pretty but neglected Sonor drumset. Also, the Bassman has a backup, a Fender Roc-Pro, that I am very impressed with... gigging musicians looking for a spare to their old tube job may want to consider it. Those two heads (and the Marshall combo) have the option between two speaker cabs, one is a Marshall 4x10" with Celestion ceramic 30-watters, and the other is a Crate 4x10", custom-loaded with Weber alnico 25-watters. The Bassman through the Crate... now that's heaven, folks. The only other toy worth mentioning is my Pignose, reissue of the original, that is a great toy, and an even better pre-amp for my bigger guys. Afficionatos will agree. Anyways, that's what I own for now.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Electric: 87 Les Paul Studio or 1993 Peavy USA Strat copy with lace sensor.

Amp: 2002 Orange AD 15/12 non reverb.

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR Dyna Comp, Barber Direct Drive, Keeley Rat2 3 way mod, GC pedals custom AB tuner mute box with dump switch and Effects Loop, Danelectro Hashbrowns flanger.

Acoustic: Fender DG 22CE

Amp: Strait to PA or recorder, or occasionally if the PA sucks balls Fender Ultimate Chorus

Effects: ocassionally a bit of compression.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Electric Guitars: Schecter C1-plus & Fender Telecaster (Mexican with a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack Lead and a Hot Rhythm pickup. Also have a squire strat and some yamaha piece of shit that lay around in other tunings.
    Acoustic: Takamine EG-334C and an older Yamaha.

Effects: Morley volume, CryBaby, Phase 90, Ibanez TS7, and a Dan Echo on it's way from Ebay land.

Amp: Crate GX-60D. My lack of talent is keeping me from upgrading.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Guitars:1995 blonde Fender Tele, 2001 sunburst Paul Reed Smith custom 22

Effects: 535 Crybaby Wah, Soldano Supercharger G.T.O, MXR phase 90, Boss DD-5

other effects: TS-9 tubescreamer, fuzzface, alesis rackunit

Amp: Fender Evil Twin
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • Options
    05/02/03 Buffalo, NY
    10/01/04 Reading, PA
    09/19/05 Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/06 Albany, NY
    06/11/08 West Palm Beach, FL
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I have a few pedals I am not currently using, so my setup right now is:

Ibanez s470Bk --->

Akai Shred-O-Matic, Boss V-Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss Phase Shifter, Boss Super Chorus, Boss DD-5, Boss Equalizer --->

Zoom MRS802 8-Track Digital Recorder
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Keeley Rat2 3 way mod

How does this sound?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Originally posted by GlorifiedG
    How does this sound?

Switch to the right- regular rat, general harmonic distortion not unlike the Big Muff, very much like a MXR distortion plus.

Switch to the middle- Mighty Mouse clean boost- I don't feel that it is really all that clean but it has volume to spare absolutely smokes the front end of the amp and makes it sound huge. Combined with a tube screamer this mode is fantastic.

To the left- Rat meets TS9- Really really fat rat with loads of volume. Ultra Smooth, I use this alot with my overdrive as well.

Basically I use this pedal for stage 2. O/D dist.

It's a great pedal although I'd love to have the BD-2 or TS-9 to ab it with. I orginally wanted a cleaner boost than this, but I'm probably going to buy a compressor instead.

The Rat 2 with the keeley mod really sounds like a Marshall DSL in a box. It's nice but it also has a bit of a learning curve. It sounds incredible combined with other overdrives if you set up the Rat and your overdrive in my case the Barber for clean boost the amp just comes alive with late 60's-70's plexi style overdrive. I'm still waiting for a fuzz and I'll probably pull the trigger on a Keeley BD-2 as well because the BD-2 is one of my favorite overdrives as well.

I guess if I were to say over all the tone of the Keeley Rat is late 70's to early 80's marshalls, to my ears it is very brown but not quite Van Halen brown.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    fender tele special and gibson sg special

crybaby wah wah
    marshall drivemaster
    ibanez tubescreamer
    boss dd3 delay
    boss ph3 phase shifter
    amp foot pedal (reverb and tremolo)
    into tuner

vox ac15
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Guitars: Gibson Townshend SG, Squier Tele (with SD Broadcaster bridge, and Alnico II Pro neck pups), Fender acoustic electric (I forget the model number, it is the "mini" jumbo shape)

Effects: Maxon OD808, Digitech Tone Driver, EH Holy Grail Reverb

Amp: Dr. Z Carmen Ghia (w/ Weber mini mass attenuator), Fender 212 with V30 speakers

PA: POS Crate PX700 with Sunn 1115H cabinets (15 inch speaker with 1 inch horns)
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I'm always changing.
    Lately,
    Me ----> Paul Reed Smith eg-1 --> fender deluxe reissue with Weber speaker.

Last night, trying to figure out "alive" effects for Five-against -One,

Me
    > '68 SG standard into Vaughn modded ts-9,----> to univibe
    >my brother's 100 watt Marshall on 7.5
    > my neighbor rattling windows!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    LP(left)Custom-Red Wine
    Ernie Ball Mono Volume
    Rotovibe
    Ibanez WH 10 Wah
    Bad Horsie Wah
    Mxr Dyna Comp
    Morley Diamond Distortion
    Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor OD
    Hendrix Octave Fuzz
    Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere
    Univibe Stereo Chorus
    Boss CE5 Chorus
    Boss BF2 Flanger
    Ibanez TL5 Tremelo
    Boss DD3 delay x2
    Ibanez EM5 Echo Machine Analog Delay Simulator
    Danelectro Back Talk reverse delay
    Morley A-B-Y
    A-Hughes & Kettner Tri-Amp
    Hughes & Kettner 4x12 with greenbacks
    B-Marshall AVT 50 Combo- for leads only
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    Originally posted by goto_l
    My main Gibson setup:
    LP(left)Custom-Red Wine

someone will be along shortly to distract you whilst i take the red lefty paul. :)
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Originally posted by exhausted
    someone will be along shortly to distract you whilst i take the red lefty paul. :)

Never gonna happen
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    Never gonna happen

i feel the same way about mine. :)
  • Options
    i feel the same way about mine. :)

I know the feeling, being a lefty is a real bitch. You can walk in a big store with 800 guitars & only find 2 lefties in there.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    I know the feeling, being a lefty is a real bitch. You can walk in a big store with 800 guitars & only find 2 lefties in there.

and they usually suck too. i had to order half of mine.
  • Options
    and they usually suck too. i had to order half of mine.

I got lucky with the LP, got it for $1900 when Mars was closing here. It was like they pulled all the lefties out when they were closing.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    I got lucky with the LP, got it for $1900 when Mars was closing here. It was like they pulled all the lefties out when they were closing.

awesome. the red ones are so rare too.
  • Options
    awesome. the red ones are so rare too.

Yeah, don't see those too often. I really want the old Blueburst.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    Acoustic: Fender DG 20 CE, into my soundcard (nforce 2 soundstorm) or...into a traynor 15r 1982 bass amp. :)

Soon to be Electric Setup: American Telecaster HS---True bypass Big MUFF pi---Mesa Boogie f-50.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    epi les paul (hopefully gettin a gibson soon :D)
    washburn f11 acoustic
    marshall jackhammer dist/od
    jim dunlop crybaby wah
    marshall jcm900 100watt head w/1960a 4x12 cab
    marshall mg100dfx combo

not spectacular, but not too bad :D
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    Guitar: Fender Lone star strat

Effects:RMC Picture Wah-
    MXR Dynacomp(Analog Man Mod)-
    TS-9 Tubescreamer(808 mod by Analog Man)-
    Boss DS-1/Pro(A..... M...)

Amp: Fender Pro junior 15W
    "You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    Acoustic: Fender DG 20 CE, into my soundcard (nforce 2 soundstorm) or...into a traynor 15r 1982 bass amp. :)

Soon to be Electric Setup: American Telecaster HS---True bypass Big MUFF pi---Mesa Boogie f-50.

Fucking killer. I suggest you look into a Weber MASS Attenuator as well to save the old neighbors sanity. Cheapest one I've seen quality too. I ordered one this week

http://www.webervst.com
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I'll just list my favorite
    bass lefty, rickenbacker,
    line6 bass pod pro,
    all swr rack
    4x10T,
    sm-900amp,
    overdrive preamp,
    and the foot controller for limited single effects which I switch out constantly.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I'll just list my favorite
    bass lefty, rickenbacker,
    line6 bass pod pro,
    all swr rack
    4x10T,
    sm-900amp,
    overdrive preamp,
    and the foot controller for limited single effects which I switch out constantly.

That's a pretty good arrangement...

Do you use the Rick-O-Sound, or the normal?

And is that the Interstellar Overdrive pre?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.