Name your guitars ...

Comments

• Last spring I think I pissed off MIG when I sold my Les Paul '57 gold top and '58 burst. The Goldtop wasn't a totally fantastic guitar even though it was worth a friggin lot of dough,,, but I miss the Burst. It's in great hands though. I had to store them in temperature/ humidity controlled vaults and had to worry about them all the time.

Even I can admit there are things more important than a late 50's Les Paul.

Although I am a sucker for the '57 Goldtop.

I'm just glad you made sure they had a good home...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • 81' Fender Telecaster Blonde-has the sweetest neck

99' Gibson Les Paul Sandard Double cutaway, jalapeno greem finish

Squire Bullet Red (Strat style body, but really thin) great tone for 100 dollar guitar

Epiphone Les Paul standard, Dark Cherry sunburst not in working condition

Harmony Strat copy

Washburn AE20

Fender 12 string

Amp:

Peavey Butcher: Old obscure tube head, is an amazing machine

Coming soon VOX AC30(Hopefully)
    It's really great when your in a limo you can put your head to the window and look out at all the homeless people-E.V.
  • COLE CLARK CULPRIT 3 HOLLOWBODY
    PRS CUSTOM 22
    MATON EST-65C CUTAWAY ACOUSTIC
    COLE CLARK FATLADY 2 CUTAWAY ACOUSTIC
    MATON 720C CUTAWAY ACOUSTIC

If any of you guys are ever in Australia or want to order an awesome acoustic guitar, then go for either a Cole Clark or Maton.....both beautiful guitars using superb Australian wood...Ben Harper plays a heap of various Cole Clark and Maton guitars and is currently sponsored by Cole Clark.....

http://www.coleclarkguitars.com
    http://www.maton.com.au
  • SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    Uhh:

I just moved, so I know what I have now,

'68 SG red with tremelo - a real '68. Needs a refret for the third time but I love that guitar. I've had that baby since '69 and it's been all around the world with me

Fender Strat Deluxe 50th anniversary... Sweet guitar

Gretsch Chet Atkins Hollowbody -- another sweet one

an Old Gretsch Resonator that sounds great - set up for slide

a newer Gretsch resonator slide that sounds not as great, but I'm not afraid to take it out somewhere.

1964 Guild Starfire IV with a bigsby Great neck, like an SG,,, except I broke it, but fixed it.

Taylor 414 CE

An old Yamaha acoustic that sounds better than a lot of high end acoustics

Martin d-28 (I'm not telling you where it is!)

Soares'd jazz acoustic guitar. Nice playing weird thing. I put a Bendetto pickup on it and it sounds great.

A couple of Jimmy Vaughn Strats that I've fixed up and made into experiments. They are great Strats if you want a cool strat for a decent price. They always need new pickguards though.

G&L Legacy 1992? which is a strat style. Another great way to go to get a nice strat-like guitar

My Tele ( Oh yeah! ) Butterscotch and old,,, and I'm glad I bought it way back when. It's a collector's item now, so I can't play it much.

A weirdo semi hollow body /space aged mother of toilet seat decorated /futuristic crappy tunered /bridge that can slash your palm in two/ never before seen humbuckered/ awesome playing and sounding no name guitar.

An older Les Paul Standard,,,,, signed by Les Paul at the Iridium in Manhattan :D

1992 Paul Reed Smith EG-1. It's a bolt on neck and humbucker single humbucker set up. Outstanding guitar

How about a Martin D-18 that I'm about to take the neck off and reset. :eek: That's always a high pressure day

Last spring I think I pissed off MIG when I sold my Les Paul '57 gold top and '58 burst. The Goldtop wasn't a totally fantastic guitar even though it was worth a friggin lot of dough,,, but I miss the Burst. It's in great hands though. I had to store them in temperature/ humidity controlled vaults and had to worry about them all the time.

I had a nice Gretsch acoustic,,, I took it to Austria last summer and gave it to the Squirrel if anybody knows her from here. She has it in Ireland now. It's definitely in good hands!

A bunch of unfinished projects laying around, too! What is it they say? The shoemaker's kids go barefoot?

*gasps*

.....whoa....yeah....

i'm tryin my best to be worthy of lisa...my precioussssssssssss ;)
  • WOW! Thnx for all the replies. I see some jammers have named theirs as well. I went down the list and saw 'Peavey' a few times. I didn't know Peavey made guits. Are they good or bad quality or both?

From what I can see "who's pearljam?" beat us all!
    O o ° 0 O O o ° ° 0 0 O O o ° ° 0 O ° o O °
    ° 0 O o Y a y ! I t 's s n o w i n g O O 0 ° o 0
    O o ° ° 0 O o ° 0 ° o ° ° 0 O o 0 ° o O ° o
    O o ° 0 O O o 0 ° 0 ° 0 O O o ° o ° 0 ° ° o °
  • mid 90s yamaha pacifica- transparent black finish, pearloid pickgarud SSH pickup config with a JB in the bridge, graph tech saddles.

Early 90s Yamaha FG-410

eventually ill move up to upper level stuff but i can make my stuff sound killer.

oh i also have an Ibanez strat guitar that probably cost 50 bucks that was left in my garage after my first band broke up.. that guitar is currently in as many pieces as possible and used as wall decorations.
  • Ive got a black epiphone gothic studio

i call it black majick
    Carpe Diem Baby
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Guitars/Bass

PRS Santana SE II:
    Tremolo
    Red

Warmoth Telecaster:
    Gold top finish
    Maple Quarter Sawn Maple Neck w/black fret markers
    Graph Tech Nut & String Trees
    Kluson Machine Heads (black)
    Chrome control plate and knobs (vol & tone)
    Warmoth style scratch plate (black)
    Gotoh Bridge (chrome)
    Seymour Duncan Hot For Tele Pickups
    5 Way Selector for coil taps.

Ibanez SR300DX
    4 String
    Black Finish
    Well gigged!

Amplifiers:

Ashdown MAG 300R
    307watt Rack Mount Head

Ashdown MAG410
    4x10" 350watt Deep cabinet

Marshall Combo
    50watt Solid state amplifier
    1x12" Celestion speaker

Effects etc:
    Electroharmonix Big Muff US Pi
    Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
    Korg Pandora PX4 Personsonal Processor
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    i call my 72 tele deluxe reissue "eddie"
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • 35 year old no name acoustic
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • "i call my 72 tele deluxe reissue "eddie""

Nice!, I have to admit my black telecaster was originally inspired by the black schecter PT, which I tried to ebay for a long time but could never find a nice/affordable one.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I have a fender stratocaster,an epiphone les paul and the kurt cobain designed fender Jag-Stang.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i have a red and white and in great condition fender telecaster my brother gave me and an a & l acoustic. i was just geting somewhere and now my focus is on singing. (band). lol
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • ive got a les paul studio that finally gave in on me today and stopped workin and ive got a yamaha erg121 that my friend has and hes fixing it up, ive got a westfield acoustic and im contemplating gettin an ameican strat.
  • Gibson 2001 SG Special Teal
    Fender 2003 Fat Strat Sunburst

my next two guitars eventually will be a hollowbody (ibanez or gretsch) and a Schecter PT
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Some you guys have some pretty sweet gear! How come no one ever post clips except for me then! Jesus I want to hear that stuff in action.

I have:

A Les Paul Custom flametop w/ PRS HFS and Vintage Bass and push/pull coil split switches in both the volume pots.

A Traynor YVC80 and Traynor YCX212 cab.

Boss DD-3 digital delay, Boss SD-1 super overdrive, Boss GE-7 EQ, MXR Phase 90, MXR Distortion +, Boss TU-2 Tuner, Boss CS-3 compressor/sustainer, Snarling Dogs Black Bawl Wah, Budda Bud wah ( :) )

:)

I'm getting an American Strat in the next couple of weeks (hopefully)
  • 1989 Ebony Gibson Les Paul Custom fitted with EMG's
    2004 Alpine White Gibson Les Paul Custom
    2002 Fender Fat Strat white/tortoiseshell plate
    2003 Yamaha CJ12 acoustic
    Cornell pwns u
  • Some you guys have some pretty sweet gear! How come no one ever post clips except for me then! Jesus I want to hear that stuff in action.

I have:

A Les Paul Custom flametop w/ PRS HFS and Vintage Bass and push/pull coil split switches in both the volume pots.

A Traynor YVC80 and Traynor YCX212 cab.

Boss DD-3 digital delay, Boss SD-1 super overdrive, Boss GE-7 EQ, MXR Phase 90, MXR Distortion +, Boss TU-2 Tuner, Boss CS-3 compressor/sustainer, Snarling Dogs Black Bawl Wah, Budda Bud wah ( :) )

I'm getting an American Strat in the next couple of weeks (hopefully)
    Hey Dirty Frank,if u wanna hear my gear in action the only decent recordings i've got are of my old band at
    http://www.garageband.com/artists/skts
    Cornell pwns u
  • MetalGod75 wrote:
    Hey Dirty Frank,if u wanna hear my gear in action the only decent recordings i've got are of my old band at
    http://www.garageband.com/artists/skts

Cool man.

I mixed down an old song tonight and began recording another one as well. I'm really digging the one I'm doing now. Going to add a bridge and solo tommorow and perhaps persuade one of my musician friends to throw a vocal track over it.

Edit: Hey man, when I click the link it redirects me to a .gif image on the garageband site. ???
  • hmm..wierd.try http://www.garageband.com/artist/SKTS
    that does work!:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • MetalGod75 wrote:
    hmm..wierd.try http://www.garageband.com/artist/SKTS
    that does work!:)

Yup that works. :)

Those clips are really cool. From The Glass has a cool groove to it.

Pretty heavy band. I see you're playing in RearViewMirror now, and that's damn cool too. :)
  • 2000 american fender tele
    black w/ white pickgaurd
    rosewood neck
    fender hot rod deville 212

yamaha acoustic
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Yup that works. :)

Those clips are really cool. From The Glass has a cool groove to it.

Pretty heavy band. I see you're playing in RearViewMirror now, and that's damn cool too. :)
    cheers man;)those tracks were actually recorded at the same studio where Judas Priest did their latest album.cool eh?
    Cornell pwns u
  • a)Nasville Deluxe Telecaster (candy apple red) with strat middle pup - Texas specials. All Maple Neck - T Shell Pickguard

b) Japanese Jaguar Special (Jet black) Dragster Buckers (stock but great) - Les Paul bridge - black pickguard - maple neck Rose Wood fretboard - My Fav

c) Cheap Korean Hollowbody, (gibson ripoff) I like this one, swapt out the pups for gretch pups - cherry burst - bound rosewood neck - loud bastard

d) Danelectro U2 (jet black) my first electric

e) Custom built strat (surf green) T Shell guard - Warmoth Neck (koa) - Gotoh bridge - Seymour D pups - Gotoh tuners - bitchin'

f) 1965 Vox Shadow (like a strat, but mahogony body)

g) Carlsbro 1969/70 60W tube head (with mullards & Hammond Reverb)matching cab (412)

h) 1970's HH 212 100W combo (mental)

i) Tons of stomp boxes

I have only just purchased the Jag, and it totaly fuckin rocks. it's like a cross between a Jag and a les paul. (Jag looks, LP Features) the stock pups are the best i've ever heard stock, and IMO, the Japs build quality is good, better than Mexican. also has 2 circuits for a vast array of sounds.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think those HH jaguars are funky. japan gets the coolest stuff.
  • I've got an Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul and a Washburn D10S12 12 String Acoustic. Love them both very much but havent got round to naming them yet :D
    the needle & the damage done
  • CHARVEL USA BULLSEYE R/W RE-ISSUE STRATHEAD
    CHARVEL USA BULLSEYE B/W RE-ISSUE
    CHARVEL USA DWEEZIL GREEN
    CHARVEL USA TELE SNOW WHITE
    CHARVEL USA 25TH ANNIVERSARY CHLORINE STRATHEAD
    CHARVEL USA 25TH ANNIVERSARY REDRUM STRATHEAD
    CHARVEL USA EVH ART SERIES B/W STRATHEAD
    JACKSON USA XTRR YELLOW BENGAL
    WAYNE USA R/W BULLSEYE
    WAYNE USA LEOPARD
    1972 LES PAUL DELUXE GOLDTOP
    FENDER USA 1952 TELECASTER RE-ISSUE
    1994 FENDER CUSTOM SHOP 1958 STRATOCASTER (3 COLOR SUNBURST)
    2003 FENDER CUSTOM SHOP 1960 STRATOCASTER(FIESTA RED)
    1980 SCHECTER USA PT TELECASTER
    PEAVEY USA WOLFGANG STANDARD PURPLE QUILT
    PEAVEY USA SPECIAL FLAT TOP PURPLE QUILT
    PAUL REED SMITH CUSTOM 22 10 TOP BIRDS

All I can think of for now...........LOL

Shawn in Tampa
  • Scuba200ft wrote:
    CHARVEL USA BULLSEYE R/W RE-ISSUE STRATHEAD
    CHARVEL USA BULLSEYE B/W RE-ISSUE
    CHARVEL USA DWEEZIL GREEN
    CHARVEL USA TELE SNOW WHITE
    CHARVEL USA 25TH ANNIVERSARY CHLORINE STRATHEAD
    CHARVEL USA 25TH ANNIVERSARY REDRUM STRATHEAD
    CHARVEL USA EVH ART SERIES B/W STRATHEAD
    JACKSON USA XTRR YELLOW BENGAL
    WAYNE USA R/W BULLSEYE
    WAYNE USA LEOPARD
    1972 LES PAUL DELUXE GOLDTOP
    FENDER USA 1952 TELECASTER RE-ISSUE
    1994 FENDER CUSTOM SHOP 1958 STRATOCASTER (3 COLOR SUNBURST)
    2003 FENDER CUSTOM SHOP 1960 STRATOCASTER(FIESTA RED)
    1980 SCHECTER USA PT TELECASTER
    PEAVEY USA WOLFGANG STANDARD PURPLE QUILT
    PEAVEY USA SPECIAL FLAT TOP PURPLE QUILT
    PAUL REED SMITH CUSTOM 22 10 TOP BIRDS

All I can think of for now...........LOL

Shawn in Tampa

Fuck me in the ass several times hard.

Wow!

Believe it or not, I have a friend with the same two Fender Custom shops. He has a 2003 fiesta red relic strat and his 3 colour sunburst is is a '58, but has gold tuners and a pearloid pickguard. He's a big Eric Johnson fan.
  • Fuck me in the ass several times hard.

Wow!

Believe it or not, I have a friend with the same two Fender Custom shops. He has a 2003 fiesta red relic strat and his 3 colour sunburst is is a '58, but has gold tuners and a pearloid pickguard. He's a big Eric Johnson fan.

Cool! The older Fender CS guitars are ten times the new ones. in 94' they probably put out 200 a year, now they put out 200 a month....

Your friend has good taste!

Shawn
  • Scuba200ft wrote:
    Cool! The older Fender CS guitars are ten times the new ones. in 94' they probably put out 200 a year, now they put out 200 a month....

Your friend has good taste!

Shawn

That's what I've heard about Fender Custom shop these days. The guitars aren't overly special, but some people just feel more satisfied having the Custom Shop seal on the guitar. I personally just like the American Deluxe. I'm saving up for one and should have it by Christmas time. I've heard a lot people complain that they feel like playing a baseball bat, but any one that i've played is just amazing.

As for my buddy's Custom Shops, I couldn't really tell you how they play. He's a jazz player and loves his heavy strings. We're talking like .15 or .16 as the lowest tensioned string. I just can't play in my style with those things. I try to bend and my fingers buckle under the tension.

From what I've heard him play with them though, I think that they're just wonderful.