Name your guitars ...

speed_lsdspeed_lsd Posts: 15
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, i'd be interested in who's got what around here and who plays what ...

I've got two western 6ers from Tanglewood and Cort and a 40W Peavey.
The first one's baptized "UKFU" and the second "BUZZARD".
My next guit's gonna definitely be electric though an even better western would suit me as well.

Two guitars ain't much but gotta start somewhere, right?

How much would you be willin' to spend on a good guitar? For me, western about $1300.
O o ° 0 O O o ° ° 0 0 O O o ° ° 0 O ° o O °
° 0 O o Y a y ! I t 's s n o w i n g O O 0 ° o 0
O o ° ° 0 O o ° 0 ° o ° ° 0 O o 0 ° o O ° o
O o ° 0 O O o 0 ° 0 ° 0 O O o ° o ° 0 ° ° o °
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black American Strat
    PRS Tremonti SE with replacement EMG 81 pickup in bridge
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard
    Maton Accoustic
    & JCM800 combo amp

Would love to get a gresch white falcon if cash wasnt an issue!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    fender american series strat (with duncan stacked humbuckers)
    fender american series telecaster (with duncan stacked humbuckers)
    gibson les paul custom
    gibson sg standard
    rickenbacker 330-12
    epiphone dot (with gibson 57 classics)

morgan concert mahogany (with lr baggs i-beam)
    taylor 355 (with lr baggs i-beam)
    epiphone biscuit (with fishman piezo and gibson mini-humbucker) (in progress)

fender mexican standard jazz bass
  • Fender 'Sunburst' Strat & black telecaster......
    50watt Amp....

Love my fenders, and a moderate axeman.... Not bad for my cash flow!
    - "I mean Good Charlotte are good. They just sound like someone shoved a popsical up someones ass!" Ed.

"I am ahead, I am advanced, I am the first man to borrow Stones leather pants."

Stone Gossard: Is the height of fashion. More poeple should take note, and learn from a master
  • Guitars

Dearmond M75T
    Danelectro DC
    Gibson ES-125 (1952)
    Peavey T60

Guitar amps

Carvin 2-12 Bel-air
    Gibson Minuteman
    Bronson (little 15 watt tube amp from the 50's)

Bass's

'62 Reissue jazz bass
    Peavey Axcelerator Plus

Bass amps

Ampeg B2R thru a 4x10hlf ampeg cabinet
    100 watt silverface fender bassman
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    damn i thought this was going to be for those that have given their guitar a name
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Guitars:

Gibson Towshend Signature SG ("Petey")
    Homemade parts Telecaster ("Keef")
    Gibson Montana J-200 Acoustic (as yet unnamed)

Amps:

Vox AD15VT Modeller, great amp... made me buy a modelling amp.

I traded my Tophat Club Royale 212 for the J-200... it was a good trade.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Guitars:

Gibson Montana J-200 Acoustic (as yet unnamed)

Fat Shirley.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Fat Shirley.

I wouldn't call her fat... she's comfortable to me. With my long arms and such (I am 6'5) it fits well for me...

Maybe name it Elvis, he played a J-200 most of his career.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I wouldn't call her fat... she's comfortable to me. With my long arms and such (I am 6'5) it fits well for me...

Maybe name it Elvis, he played a J-200 most of his career.

yeah Elvis would go nicely. That's a really nice guitar, (PT loves those too)

What happended to the lusting for a D-28?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    my guitars don't have names. i think i'll call the SG "cracker".
    Pacomc79 wrote:

This particular J-200 knocked out any D-28 I had played for tone and playability... It is a 1996 model, a J-200, not the new SJ-200 reissue. So it has a little less inlay on the bridge. It has aged a bit and opened up... it really sings. Goes perfectly for when I want to sing along with some acoustic guitar... which is most of the time when I play guitar.

That and the good deal I had at the time.

I moved to Houston and didn't want to move the amp... figured with no band a good acoustic would be the way to go.

http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=549977

It looks just like this one here... not my exact guitar.
    There's No Code.
    Pacomc79 wrote:

I already have a PT guitar named... I need to diversify.
    There's No Code.
    i found a lefty J-200 in a shop here once. but it was just tooooo big for me. sounded damn good though.
    House53 wrote:
    I already have a PT guitar named... I need to diversify.

I like Elvis.
    fat bastard.
  • I own (but only play one or two regularly):

- '95 Fender Strat Squier (off-white w/white pickguard ala Jimi with rosewood fretboard) and I named it "Ralph" after the Ralph Wiggum sticker I put on it LOL
    - a hand-me-down Fender acoustic
    - a Fernades Dragonfly Pro (black sparkly with rosewood fretboard) which Jon plays and will eventually buy from me...
    - a new'ish Epiphone Les Paul standard in Cherry Burst ::drools:: she's my BABY and I named her Kitty cause I kept petting her and purring when I got it :D
    - a Carlo Robelli (http://www.samash.com) acoustic/electric in this weird blackish/purpley color that I got for free when I purchased my Fender amp

Werd.
    exhausted wrote:
    fat bastard.

Fat Elvis?
    neenerbean wrote:
    I own (but only play one or two regularly):

- '95 Fender Strat Squier (off-white w/white pickguard ala Jimi with rosewood fretboard) and I named it "Ralph" after the Ralph Wiggum sticker I put on it LOL
    - a hand-me-down Fender acoustic
    - a Fernades Dragonfly Pro (black sparkly with rosewood fretboard) which Jon plays and will eventually buy from me...
    - a new'ish Epiphone Les Paul standard in Cherry Burst ::drools:: she's my BABY and I named her Kitty cause I kept petting her and purring when I got it :D
    - a Carlo Robelli (http://www.samash.com) acoustic/electric in this weird blackish/purpley color that I got for free when I purchased my Fender amp

Werd.

Fernandes Dragonfly eh? with sustainer or without?
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Fernandes Dragonfly eh? with sustainer or without?
    with sustainer but I don't think Jon ever uses it. it's a tricky bugger.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Holy f*ck EX you've got alot of guitars...compared to us peasants anyways

I've got a Gibson Les Paul studio (wine red)....I call it "Zeus"
    and a PRS Mark Tremonti singlecut (black)....I call it "God"

I won't even tell you about all the other crap I've got...I play through a Marshall right now and i'm looking to buy a Bogner in the near future.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:

I've got a Gibson Les Paul studio (wine red)....I call it "Zeus"
    and a PRS Mark Tremonti singlecut (black)....I call it "God"

I won't even tell you about all the other crap I've got...I play through a Marshall right now and i'm looking to buy a Bogner in the near future.

Hey I've got an 87 LP Studio in wine red.

Bogner.......makes ears happy. I've been lusting after a semi hollow and the PRS Hollowbody two is one seductive little temptress, but just like some of the other good looking women in my life..... she's just too expensive.

Amy that sustainers really really fun when you combine it with self ocillation pedals like the Zvex fuzz factory or delays all kinds of fun noise to piss off the rest of the band. :)
    nailz100 wrote:

gear is my only vice. i've gone through so many guitars over the years.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    I've got a few guitars:
    Gibson SG Faded Special- It was a steal at $500, my main guitar
    Epiphone LP Special- Very cheap, but I play the really low tuned distorted stuff
    on it. It sounds good through a metal zone in dropped B.
    Peavey Predator- My first guitar, don't play it much, but can't bear to sell it.

I play through a Hotrod Deville with 2x12's.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
  • Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    I have an oversea fender precision bass...Sunburst...It's name is Count Bassy...
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • nick1977nick1977 Posts: 327
    I play accoustic guitar.

My first guitar is an Alvarez Professional 5220.

My new guitar is a Breedlove Focus Dreadnaught.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I have 4 guitars:

Ibanez S470 (black...plays like a dream)
    Ibanez S470 (green)
    Montana acoustic
    Fender Strat Squier (my first from around 8 years ago)

Don't even get me started on pedals/amps/recorders/etc etc.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Rickenbacker 330 (Pete -- after Peter Buck from R.E.M.)
  • I play,

A black fender DG 20 CE acoustic electric, Which I appreciate more everyday.
    and a black American Telecaster HS with a SD classic 59 humbucker in the neck.

AMP
    Hiwatt DC-40 bulldog
    marshall 10 cd
    traynor 1 channel 1983 weird ass amp.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    red Gibson SG-"Red Delicious"
    Epiphone Les Paul w/ Gibson '57 Classic pickup-"X-Caliber"
    Fender Strat-"Linus"
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Uhh:

I just moved, so I know what I have now,

'68 SG red with tremelo - a real '68. Needs a refret for the third time but I love that guitar. I've had that baby since '69 and it's been all around the world with me

Fender Strat Deluxe 50th anniversary... Sweet guitar

Gretsch Chet Atkins Hollowbody -- another sweet one

an Old Gretsch Resonator that sounds great - set up for slide

a newer Gretsch resonator slide that sounds not as great, but I'm not afraid to take it out somewhere.

1964 Guild Starfire IV with a bigsby Great neck, like an SG,,, except I broke it, but fixed it.

Taylor 414 CE

An old Yamaha acoustic that sounds better than a lot of high end acoustics

Martin d-28 (I'm not telling you where it is!)

Soares'd jazz acoustic guitar. Nice playing weird thing. I put a Bendetto pickup on it and it sounds great.

A couple of Jimmy Vaughn Strats that I've fixed up and made into experiments. They are great Strats if you want a cool strat for a decent price. They always need new pickguards though.

G&L Legacy 1992? which is a strat style. Another great way to go to get a nice strat-like guitar

My Tele ( Oh yeah! ) Butterscotch and old,,, and I'm glad I bought it way back when. It's a collector's item now, so I can't play it much.

A weirdo semi hollow body /space aged mother of toilet seat decorated /futuristic crappy tunered /bridge that can slash your palm in two/ never before seen humbuckered/ awesome playing and sounding no name guitar.

An older Les Paul Standard,,,,, signed by Les Paul at the Iridium in Manhattan :D

1992 Paul Reed Smith EG-1. It's a bolt on neck and humbucker single humbucker set up. Outstanding guitar

How about a Martin D-18 that I'm about to take the neck off and reset. :eek: That's always a high pressure day

Last spring I think I pissed off MIG when I sold my Les Paul '57 gold top and '58 burst. The Goldtop wasn't a totally fantastic guitar even though it was worth a friggin lot of dough,,, but I miss the Burst. It's in great hands though. I had to store them in temperature/ humidity controlled vaults and had to worry about them all the time.

I had a nice Gretsch acoustic,,, I took it to Austria last summer and gave it to the Squirrel if anybody knows her from here. She has it in Ireland now. It's definitely in good hands!

A bunch of unfinished projects laying around, too! What is it they say? The shoemaker's kids go barefoot?
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart