Bogner

2»

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    But its like being married to someone that you hate!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Those audio clips on the Savage site are just a taste of what the amp can do. I was really bummed that they don't have a more driven audio sample...because this amp will to the crunchy Marshall thing as good or better than anything I have played short of an early 70's Super Lead.

The Blitz can get the gain tones of "Hail Hail" all day long. The clean sound at full power is very reminiscent of "Wind Cries Mary". The class A sounds have a lot of Matchless vibe, though the KT-66's make it a thicker, more dense tone...it definitely picks up the top end shimmer and glassy sound of a Matchless Chieftan or an AC-30. This amp is essentially 2 amps in 1...the full range 50-watt class AB fire breather, or the half power 30 watt class A sparkle machine. If you jumper the channels in either setting, you can dial in sounds that few other amps...even my Wizard...can do. I put the build quality on par with my old Harry Joyce Custom 50, and the Wizard.

Bogner's are also built exceptionally well for being PC board designs. The Budda does have a lot of Vox flavor, but I find the gain to be more 3 dimensional and organic than nearly any other amp. At full tilt, that amp will not buzz or fart out like most other high gain amps :). Another benefit to Budda, they take a brutal beating on resale, so you can pick one up at up to 50% off it's retail...sort of like what I am offering for my Blitz.

I am asking 1700 for the Blitz + shipping, but would go to 1600 + shipping for the right kind of person...meaning...someone that is going to appreciate that I am cutting them a sick deal on what amounts to a 3000 dollar amp, and will love it as much as I do, and not fuck it up...because it's a work of art. Hand made...PTP wired, and beautiful. Then again, if you have the money, I don't care if you lube it up with KY and try to have sex with it...as long as you discharge the caps first. I'd feel bad if my former amp electrocuted you in the nut sack while you were attempting to give it the sex. :p. I need some quick loot to pay for the 4x12 I have coming, and to put a down payment on a new guitar that I have spec'd out.

I should really just keep it and run it in stereo with my Wizard Modern Classic, but I'm not playing the sheds and stadiums like PJ...that rig (Wizrad and Blitz) would be complete overkill for anything less sthan 10,000 seats :D
    (I'd feel bad if my former amp electrocuted you in the nut sack while you were attempting to give it the sex)

Dude, that line almost made me keel over.....hahaha.

I will definately keep it in mind, but I kinda do have my heart set on a shiva for its simplicity and of course its sounds. Out of curiousity, do you have any pics that you can send me just so I can see what yours looks like?...I'm definately not saying that I'm going to buy it, but I might know someone who does, and I wouldn't mind seeing it.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I do indeed have photographs, and would be happy to send them along.
    A guy on the GP page is offering a used Shiva 1X12 combo with reverb. Now, although what I really want is a Shiva EL34 w/ dual reverb head separately...I was wondering how easy (or if its possible) for me to remove the head from the chassis and put it in a separate chassis (hopefully that doesn't cost that much) and then take the speaker (I'm assuming V30) out of the cab and place it in a Unloaded 2X12 cab along with a Greenback..

Take a look...
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80177

and tell me if this is feasable...or even worth doing?? Thanks guys.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    from a collectibility standpoint, i wouldn't be dissecting bogners but it is possible to do that if you wanted.
    I won't be really dissecting....I think bogner sells head chassis's separately...I could be wrong?
    They DO sell head shells separately....although they don't list the cost.

http://www.bogneramplification.com/

If someone could find this out for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seems to me it'll end up costing more in the end.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It will end up more expensive in the end. Likely.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    The head by itself weights 45 pounds (which is heavy enough if you ask me)

The 1X12 combo weights 72 pounds..which is alot to lug around everywhere. What I wanted to do was just get a roadcase for the head and get a vert. 2X12...I really want the V30 Greenback mix.

Maybe I should wait, its just now they are starting to come into the price range of what I have saved....and its hard to be patient when you have $1500 US to spend...and shiva combos popping up all over the place, but no shiva heads.