Bogner

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just wondering if you guys/gals can keep an eye out for any used Bogner Shiva EL34 heads...either on E-bay or privately. I'm going to try and check E-bay fairly regularly, but if you know of anyone who is selling one thats in good shape please let me know...I finally have enough saved up for one. Thanks
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    nailz100 wrote:
    Just wondering if you guys/gals can keep an eye out for any used Bogner Shiva EL34 heads...either on E-bay or privately. I'm going to try and check E-bay fairly regularly, but if you know of anyone who is selling one thats in good shape please let me know...I finally have enough saved up for one. Thanks

http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80177

gearpage emporium is the best place for quality used gear for FMV.
    Stay away from Ebay if you are a buyer, and use it first if you are a seller.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    You really don't like E-bay do you...
    What is that website you sent me JofZ? What kind of buyer protection is there? Oh, and that link for that page is for a 1X12 shiva combo and I am just looking for a Shiva EL34 head....let me know if you see one. Thanks
    nailz100 wrote:
    What is that website you sent me JofZ? What kind of buyer protection is there? Oh, and that link for that page is for a 1X12 shiva combo and I am just looking for a Shiva EL34 head....let me know if you see one. Thanks
    gearpage amp and cab emporium, new stuff is placed there every second of the day by real musicans looking to sell their goods.
    Its not that I don't like Ebay, I just see the scams coming from a mile away.
    There are good deals, but why not just buy it from a real person who will take care of you?
    go to thegearpage.net

scroll down to amp and cab emporium and take a look, I pulled the firsst post with Bogner or Shiva listed, there are dozens.
    Every one there is super cool and easy to deal with. All the amp builders and pedal builders actually hang out there and interact with the public, so I would say you are pretty safe. I spend most of my time there and at musictoyz.com and always get the best advice.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Obviously there is still a chance of getting ripped off though?...just less of a chance.

Thanks a ton man....I'm going to make a post on that board right now and hopefully something will turn up. I owe you one.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Obviously there is still a chance of getting ripped off though?...just less of a chance.

Thanks a ton man....I'm going to make a post on that board right now and hopefully something will turn up. I owe you one.

No worries, its a great resource.
    Look there every hour and you'll find something in a week.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Do you have your heart set on a Shiva? For the same $$, you can get a Budda, and I personally think that they sound better. Shiva's are great amps, but there's something very polished sounding about them IMO. Probably among the best channel switchers though if you need to cover a lot of ground like that.

I have a Savage Blitz 50 that I'm selling...could give you a sick deal on it. It's a monster amp...tonally runs circles around my old Shiva.
    The Shiva is pretty much the amp that I though would sound best and best suit my needs....I sing and play guitar. Its not my final decision, but it is/ was the amp I am most thinking of getting.

Just out of curiousity, how much were you planning on selling your Savage Blitz 50 for?

Does anyone else on here have any opinions on the Shiva or the Savage Blitz?......let me know, and maybe we can all start a "best sounding amp" debate.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    The Shiva is pretty much the amp that I though would sound best and best suit my needs....I sing and play guitar. Its not my final decision, but it is/ was the amp I am most thinking of getting.

Just out of curiousity, how much were you planning on selling your Savage Blitz 50 for?

Does anyone else on here have any opinions on the Shiva or the Savage Blitz?......let me know, and maybe we can all start a "best sounding amp" debate.

stone plays a blitz 50. It's a phenominal amp and it's built extremely well and he's selling it at a steal But it's too classic for what you want. It's more plexi inspired than DSL TSL stuff.

The Budda, (also excellent and purple) is more botique sounding (ironic I know when we're only talking about botique amps here) more in the veins of Matchless to my ears.

Essentially what you are looking for is polished Modern Marshall channel switching tone but the way it should be not the way it is.

The Bogner Shiva should fit you perfectly.

Best sounding is a misnomer, we all like different stuff, we all have different ears.

Savage, Budda, and Bogner are all fantastic amps.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Not sure of Exactly what you mean by "botique sounding" Paco....

You think the Blitz is too classic on the clean side or on the distorted side?
    nailz100 wrote:
    Not sure of Exactly what you mean by "botique sounding" Paco....

You think the Blitz is too classic on the clean side or on the distorted side?

the distorted side. find out for your self. http://www.savageaudio.com

by "botique sounding" I'm essentially talking about character. This whole thing is about character.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Thanks for the link Paco...

1 month until I get the Shiva...
    nailz100 wrote:
    Thanks for the link Paco...

1 month until I get the Shiva...

sweet, my luck you'll hate it, it'll be all my fault.
    Dude, I've done alot of research on this amp...read alot of reviews and talked to alot of people....I highly doubt that I hate it. But even if I do, I'll take it to some guys I know (who are extremely talented with tube amps) and have them mod it for me....or sell it and make back the same amount of money that I paid for it.....either way I can't really lose!
    nailz100 wrote:
    Dude, I've done alot of research on this amp...read alot of reviews and talked to alot of people....I highly doubt that I hate it. But even if I do, I'll take it to some guys I know (who are extremely talented with tube amps) and have them mod it for me....or sell it and make back the same amount of money that I paid for it.....either way I can't really lose!

very true.

I think it's one you can grow into as well. It's another instrument, learning to coax what you want out of it takes a little skill as well. It should play very nice with your PRS.
    Dude, I'm finding that I'm like a kid in a candy shop...with almost enough money to buy the big lollipop.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Dude, I'm finding that I'm like a kid in a candy shop...with almost enough money to buy the big lollipop.

yeah, wait till you get to the center. It's heaven.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, wait till you get to the center. It's heaven.

LOL, does the GAS ever stop?
    Don't sweat it NailZ, you'll buy the amp, love it and want something else with in 10 mins :) its only a disease you know.

So tell me Pac if I buy a Murphy LP and get kicked out of my house was it a smart move? LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    LOL, does the GAS ever stop?
    Don't sweat it NailZ, you'll buy the amp, love it and want something else with in 10 mins :) its only a disease you know.

So tell me Pac if I buy a Murphy LP and get kicked out of my house was it a smart move? LOL

no, the idea is to open a seperate credit card going to a seperate PO box in only your name, and stay in the house. Just say it was a gift or something, girls never know or understand anything about guitar stuff or why it costs what it costs, but compress a piece of coal for oh a million years or so and it's the most important thing in the world.......

:D stay inside man, (or run power to the dog house)
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    no, the idea is to open a seperate credit card going to a seperate PO box in only your name, and stay in the house. Just say it was a gift or something, girls never know or understand anything about guitar stuff or why it costs what it costs, but compress a piece of coal for oh a million years or so and it's the most important thing in the world.......

:D stay inside man, (or run power to the dog house)

I think this should become our moto, from now on when you open the gearhead forum it should take you to this quote.

I am taking your advice and moving into the dog house, anyone want to rent me a room in exchange for use of my gear LOLOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I think this should become our moto, from now on when you open the gearhead forum it should take you to this quote.

I am taking your advice and moving into the dog house, anyone want to rent me a room in exchange for use of my gear LOLOL

I have a spare room, but you'll have to sleep with the guitars......I don't consider it cheating.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I have a spare room, but you'll have to sleep with the guitars......I don't consider it cheating.

I might just take you up on that :)
    I think I'll do the old switcheroo, pull it out after having it for months and see if she notices LOL.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I might just take you up on that :)
    I think I'll do the old switcheroo, pull it out after having it for months and see if she notices LOL.

the bonus is it's a murph. you just say, look how old that thing is, of course it's not "new" I've had that for "a while now"

give her the old female treatment. Truth is relative, that kind of thing.
    What she doesn't know can't hurt her....
    nailz100 wrote:
    What she doesn't know can't hurt her....

and if it does the aforementioned compressed rocks will ease her pain. Just ask Kobe Bryant.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    and if it does the aforementioned compressed rocks will ease her pain. Just ask Kobe Bryant.

If I give her a lump of coal for the guitar I bought, what do I give her if I ever do anything serious? LOL

you guys should check this thread out....
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=748510#post748510
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Thats funny and cool at the same time.....Pearl Jam rockers unite! I am actually jamming with my Pearl Jam tribute project for the first time tonight.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Thats funny and cool at the same time.....Pearl Jam rockers unite! I am actually jamming with my Pearl Jam tribute project for the first time tonight.

I know exactly what you mean. It is cool though, most of those guys are old and if they are givin props to PJ I think its cool, plus they know their gear.

Boy how I wish I could go out and buy an amp for just one or two songs.

So your old band is history?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Buy an amp for one or two songs?

Yeah, the old (current) band is history. We've got gigs until the middle of June that I am going to play (mostly for the money)...and then that will be it. I got so tired of all the BS, all the argueing, all the not getting anything done fast enough.....I was no longer happy or inspired. I got to the point where I don't even want to be around 2 of the guys, much less imagine going on the road with them full time. I've got a new project with the bass player from that band (he's going to play in both bands....don't ask me) and my best friend on guitar (he kicks ass) along with a drummer that he knows...

I am excited to get back to playing music for the reason that I started playing in the first place....because it was fun!

Oh, and two of the guys didn't drink at all...and one of them lives at home with their parents.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Buy an amp for one or two songs?

Yeah, the old (current) band is history. We've got gigs until the middle of June that I am going to play (mostly for the money)...and then that will be it. I got so tired of all the BS, all the argueing, all the not getting anything done fast enough.....I was no longer happy or inspired. I got to the point where I don't even want to be around 2 of the guys, much less imagine going on the road with them full time. I've got a new project with the bass player from that band (he's going to play in both bands....don't ask me) and my best friend on guitar (he kicks ass) along with a drummer that he knows...

I am excited to get back to playing music for the reason that I started playing in the first place....because it was fun!

Oh, and two of the guys didn't drink at all...and one of them lives at home with their parents.
    I love the last sentance, that sums it up fairly well LOL.
    Its all about fun and some are lucky and can earn a living. If it aint fun it becomes a chore and then its work, kinda sounds like marriage LOL
    Some of those gearpage guys are either really wealthy, or they have some pimp buying their gear. These guys toss 3K amps around like they are effect pedals. There are people who will go on a quest for tone, you know trying to nail that one song, the end result is possibly owning every single amp made and still not ever being happy. I guess studio muscians are making more these days then I thought :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?