Options

First song on guitar

2»

Comments

• Options
    nutshell by alice in chains....i just love how they start off that unplugged show with it, first pj song.....i am mine, i heard that from a bridge school benefit cd and instantly fell in love with it
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    Doug RDoug R Posts: 34
    Very early 80s is when I started and It was either Sweet home Alabama or Hit me with your best shot...cant remember....
  • Options
    Originally posted by djyman15
    long road by PJ. doesnt get much easier

nope, it dont
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by JofZ
    Yep, yep. Although, many succesful players have "stolen" rifs in the past. Actually, someone told me yesterday that Alive is actually a Doors song, LOL.

It isn't, but the solo is a rip-off from the Doors' Five To One... though I believe Mike ripped it from Ace Frehley who ripped it from Robby Krieger...:confused:
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    my first real song on the accustic guitar was believe it or not YELLOW SUBMARINE,heheheh, how silly but wait actualy it doesn't count cause I learned it from some text book.....sad to say I dont remember my first true song but I do remember GIVEN TO FLY being my first pj song and burden in my hand my first song played on a electrical guitar...I know this is all realy easy stuff and the truth is I haven't really moved on.I need a guideing hand,I've been playing for 4 years and still it's all just chords and riffs...Is there some guy out there willing to help a girl in truble?
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
    "I may be drunk but at least I'm not insane."
    "I don't have a drinking problem 'Cept when I can't get a drink."
    "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk"
    -Tom Waits
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    my first was 'whole lotta love' by zep. second was 'like a hurricane' by young neil.
  • Options
    first song ever ever, californication, oooh the simplicity. Firt WHOLE pj song, better man, first random part of a pj song, intro to i am mine.

and listless, just play lots, and lots, and lots. Find a song you like a find a decent tab and learn it. Then get good at it. Then repeat with a different song. Either that or get a book / lessons.
    some things once spoken, can't be taken back
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    american pie - don mclean
  • Options
    umm i taught myself all the songs i know without a songbook so the first one i learned was Ode To Joy

but other than that, Carol Of The Bells. ......at least i think i taught myself right.......
    This is the golden age of grotesque
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by pariah
    It isn't, but the solo is a rip-off from the Doors' Five To One... though I believe Mike ripped it from Ace Frehley who ripped it from Robby Krieger...:confused:

The solo was what I was speaking about, and it is Five to one :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    wish you were here - Pink Floyd
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done