Options

Gig attire: Showy? Laid back? What's your approach?

Comments

• Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    My first album:

The Gunslingers: Bad Girls and Cowboys
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Lately when my guitar player and I open the show with an acoustic set... we call ourselves a random name...

If you guys have some ideas, I can use that for the next show.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    My first album:

The Gunslingers: Bad Girls and Cowboys

It'd be pretty cool if you could get a girl in a dominatrix out fit to put on a strap on and a cowboy hat for the cover.

IMHO get a nice rug if you plan on not wearing shoes and don't step in wet spots if someone spills a beer. or you'll get massively shocked.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Lately when my guitar player and I open the show with an acoustic set... we call ourselves a random name...

The Furry Clams, been saving that one for a long time-enjoy!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    get this shirt that says...

"i dont like your music"

and wear that...

or the teen wolf t shirt

"what are you looking at dicknose?"
  • Options
    Originally posted by JofZ
    The Furry Clams, been saving that one for a long time-enjoy!

I do so enjoy. Free Beer Tomorrow

And Quarter Drafts.

That always gets em in the bar.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I do so enjoy. Free Beer Tomorrow

And Quarter Drafts.

That always gets em in the bar.
    I found the best source for band names is Cheri magazine, they ahve these chessy one liners all over the place. OK now I just gave up my source.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Options
    I could wear the shirt from the Onion my friend gave me for my birthday...

it says: "Your favorite band sucks."

Always a hit... or my "Still Pissed at Yoko" t-shirt... also a fan favorite.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    My friend has a t-shirt that says "GOT MILK" and every time he wears it when he plays, he gets flashed.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Cool, I want a shirt that says

Got Money?

on the back.

Well lay it down Bitch My Music ain't Free!!
  • Options
    Cool, I want a shirt that says

Got Money?

on the back.

Well lay it down Bitch My Music ain't Free!!

I don't know paco, the wrong type might take that as an invitation. ha,ha.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I don't know paco, the wrong type might take that as an invitation. ha,ha.

:) Especially if I wear my old chippendales outfits :D
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638

dude. eww.
  • Options

hahahaha, OK this is going to far :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Options

I was thinking about that million dollar boyish smile you have, but okay, we'll go with that. But I'm with ex. on this, eww, unless we're talking private show.
  • Options
    I went as a Chippendale dancer for Halloween while in college... that was a fun night... I made good money on "tips" too.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    I was thinking about that million dollar boyish smile you have, but okay, we'll go with that. But I'm with ex. on this, eww, unless we're talking private show.

we'll thank you. I actually was a stunt double for Chris Farley during that skit with Swazye on SNL. :)

I've dropped a few pants sizes since then.......
  • Options
    I went as a Chippendale dancer for Halloween while in college... that was a fun night... I made good money on "tips" too.

So maybe that pirate shirt w/spandex pants isn't out of the question? j/k.
  • Options
    well, I also wore just a speedo in a four mile/five beer cross country running event... well, I had shoes on too.

So, I am not opposed to "flashy" clothing.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    well, I also wore just a speedo in a four mile/five beer cross country running event... well, I had shoes on too.

So, I am not opposed to "flashy" clothing.

Hey House come here, closer so I can whisper in your ear. Did you hear that, did you feel that, do you now see that. Next time don't wear spandex. ha,ha.

Just have fun, wear whatever makes you comfortable and relax.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638

"the boner deflates"
  • Options
    never so comfortable as in a speedo...

re: wearing comfortable and relaxing...

I do and I will.

Thanks.

I am headed to get my gear... early day at work.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    never so comfortable as in a speedo...

re: wearing comfortable and relaxing...

I do and I will.

Thanks.

I am headed to get my gear... early day at work.

Have a nice show and have fun.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    "the boner deflates"

so what kind of message does this band name convey?
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    so what kind of message does this band name convey?

the Beatles - Help
  • Options
    House, how did the show turn out Friday?
  • Options
    It was a good one... I will let you know when the mp3s are available... we got a soundboard recording of the whole show...

Black went well I think... and I Got Shit was solid...

We had a three song encore of Come Together, Hoochie Coochie Man, and Rockin' in the Free World... I had to deny a Ledbetter request... my voice was done.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I wear a black T-shirt (which I end up taking off), and jeans... either torn, ripped, or filled with patches. Work shoes, one-stars, and some stuff for my wrists. And my rings... one for the middle finger and another one for the ring finger.
    Ha ha I've a custy
  • Options
    A band i know put womans dresses and curlly long hair wigges on all of them and it was hilerious they did it for a laugh it was espically funny when heavey songs were on them junping about all that was visable was thes big sea of curls and brown

anyways sould try that next time
    THE SKY IS BLUE,
    and all the leaves are green,
    MY HEARTS AS FULL AS A BAKED POTATO.
  • Options
    It was a good one... I will let you know when the mp3s are available... we got a soundboard recording of the whole show...

Black went well I think... and I Got Shit was solid...

We had a three song encore of Come Together, Hoochie Coochie Man, and Rockin' in the Free World... I had to deny a Ledbetter request... my voice was done.

Glad it went well. Looking forward to the mp3s.