might not quite have enough headroom for a gig with this one...

2»

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    yeah, it has a half power switch.

If I still want it on Monday... that's a good sign. :D
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    yeah, it has a half power switch.

If I still want it on Monday... that's a good sign. :D

dirty dirty whore.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    check out reverend amps they make some very nice inexpensive combos and they are stopping production.
    I just found out and I know you can't beat the price, they have like 150 left and that is it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    check out reverend amps they make some very nice inexpensive combos and they are stopping production.
    I just found out and I know you can't beat the price, they have like 150 left and that is it.

why are they stopping, poor sales?

Joe Naylor might think of reopening his old amp company eh?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    JofZ wrote:

I played a goblin before... nice amp for sure. Something wasn't quite right though.

JofZ, what say you on the Hiwatt front? Any thoughts?
    There's No Code.
    I think the reverend amps are nice and underpriced and they were not getting any profit out of them, the note I have says they are going to be focusing on the guitars only once the amps that are built are sold, they will still honor all waranty work.

Hiwatt is a weird one, there is a ton of info on the name and Reeves and distribution and who owns what and all I know is that just because is says Hiwatt doesn't mean you are buying a Hiwatt, you need to verfify where it was built. If it is an Asian build it has the name but not the tone.

As of last month, Hiwatt and Reeves are back together and the distribution is now under one roof for international sales.
    Some of the confusion might go away, but the product is now tainted.
    The only Hiwatts I would buy would be the DR series, or the small 5 watt the carries Reeves name.
    Here are some pics of the good Hiwatts :) :
    http://www.vintageamps.com/va/hiwatt/buyit_hiwatt.html
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    I know what you mean... this amp is of good build though.

I will find a good amp and I will play guitar... that's the long and short of it.

I will be in Chicago in less than two months for the marathon... do you want to set up a stereo on the course and blast Pearl Jam for me?
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:

I will find a good amp and I will play guitar... that's the long and short of it.

I will be in Chicago in less than two months for the marathon... do you want to set up a stereo on the course and blast Pearl Jam for me?

the amp you are looking at is identical to a reeves, and they are built very well it's the english version, with the vintage purples. Fernandes did not ruin that amp but they have pissed all over the HW name.

I'd look for a used Harry Joyce too. Rich Robinson has several.

How about a Two Rock? The prices have been coming down recently.
    like I have said... lots of good options.

I am intrigued by the Dr. Z Maz 38 Studio Deluxe that is on ebay for $1000. That's a great price for a Z 112 reverb combo.

Fuchs, Two Rock, Harry Joyce, Victoria, Fender, Marshall, Top Hat, Orange, Vox, Roccaforte, Germino, etc.

All a bunch of great amps. No doubt.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    like I have said... lots of good options.

I am intrigued by the Dr. Z Maz 38 Studio Deluxe that is on ebay for $1000. That's a great price for a Z 112 reverb combo.

Fuchs, Two Rock, Harry Joyce, Victoria, Fender, Marshall, Top Hat, Orange, Vox, Roccaforte, Germino, etc.

All a bunch of great amps. No doubt.

it also has a Celestion Heritage 30. I like that speaker.

I want to try scumbacks, all the good eminence line, more webers, tone tubbies etc.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    it also has a Celestion Heritage 30. I like that speaker.

I want to try scumbacks, all the good eminence line, more webers, tone tubbies etc.

the maz has sold... it went fast.
    There's No Code.
    Okay, I might have bid on the Hiwatt...

It is Friday... and my birthday in two weeks... so new toys are needed.
    There's No Code.
    BriansGMC wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ampeg-reissue-J-12R-Retro-guitar-amp-full-tube_W0QQitemZ7343079836QQcategoryZ43372QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These little Ampegs are a sweet sounding little combos and always going way cheaper than they should

not only that, they deliver a pretty killer Rolling Stones Tone with a tele.
  • I remember when I played the jet reissue at the KC Mars I couldn't hardly get pryed away from one. I was playing a Les Paul and I would have to say that I was very pleased with it. I still wish I would have bought one then. I think I am gonna wait until one the 50 watt Reverbrocket heads come on ebay. Then unless I start a metal band, my Valvestate will just collect dust.
    BriansGMC wrote:
    I remember when I played the jet reissue at the KC Mars I couldn't hardly get pryed away from one. I was playing a Les Paul and I would have to say that I was very pleased with it. I still wish I would have bought one then. I think I am gonna wait until one the 50 watt Reverbrocket heads come on ebay. Then unless I start a metal band, my Valvestate will just collect dust.

I had my eye on a classic 30 and a super jet when I worked at GC. I had the money ready to go to by them and everything, turns out I ended up selling both of them myself the same day. I love those little jets with the tremolos.

Oh well, I'm satisfied with the Orange.
    House53 wrote:

I will be here that weekend, so if you want to meet up let me know. I didn't take a look at the hiwatt you were looking at, so I am not sure. But, I wouldn't worry to much about any of this really. In all seriousness, and I really do mean this, the tone is in your hands and soul, not in the tools. Just get something that makes you happy so you play more guitar, afterall that is what is all about. I love buying up gear, and I am totally not stopping anytime soon :) but it is so silly if you stop and think about it. SOme of the best players ruined their tone by constantly switching shit up in their rig. So I say find something you dig and stick with it even if you think you ahve grown out of it.

PM me about the Marathon!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

That's what we call a moment of clarity... :D

I had one of those this week too.

So, now I might just have the setup I first wanted when I started playing guitar. An all black telecaster like Eddie's and a Hiwatt.
    There's No Code.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Pacomc79 wrote:

I've been really pleased with my Eminence Governor speaker... their copy of the Vintage 30. I also have an Eminence Swamp Thang that is very nice... balls-y... but needs to be combined with something brighter, unless you want a really heavy sound. I was a skeptic, but I tried 'em out, and they're pretty frickin' cool.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.