Options

Let's all talk about the telecaster HS

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I'd probably look for a second Tele Sonic and try to swap in a standard-sized P-90. But I can definitely take any HH Tele and do the '57 swap. I know how it'll be done... just don't know when! Or how much it'll cost!

did you see the new reverend I posted yesterday? with the filtertron copies. They also have a slingshot model with P-90's. Looks and sounds cool. I'd rather have a gretsch though

http://www.reverenddirect.com/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    did you see the new reverend I posted yesterday? with the filtertron copies. They also have a slingshot model with P-90's. Looks and sounds cool. I'd rather have a gretsch though

http://www.reverenddirect.com/

Not big on that body style... really, it's a Fender Tele body or a Gibson, for me. I'm picky... but I can afford to be ;)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    "however, this whole thread has been about someone wanting a guitar that *looks* like eds so the whole thing's kinda silly."

Actually this whole thread is supposed to be about the telecaster HS. A guitar that combines tele twang with a nice fat humbucker in the neck.

And wanting an eddish guitar silly? I'll silly you!!!!!
    :)

The telecaster HS american made will be mine in 1 short month. (I will have about 800$ saved after christmas)
    the thing costs about 1200$ canadian so.... yah
    I figured I would switch from the 72 reissue to the tele HS to get a bump in quality and a free hard case.

almost the same guitar (I would keep all 4 knobs near the same settings anyway)
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Not big on that body style... really, it's a Fender Tele body or a Gibson, for me. I'm picky... but I can afford to be ;)

after doing a little research I don't really dig them either.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissYouAllDay
    "however, this whole thread has been about someone wanting a guitar that *looks* like eds so the whole thing's kinda silly."

Actually this whole thread is supposed to be about the telecaster HS. A guitar that combines tele twang with a nice fat humbucker in the neck.

And wanting an eddish guitar silly? I'll silly you!!!!!
    :)

The telecaster HS american made will be mine in 1 short month. (I will have about 800$ saved after christmas)
    the thing costs about 1200$ canadian so.... yah
    I figured I would switch from the 72 reissue to the tele HS to get a bump in quality and a free hard case.

almost the same guitar (I would keep all 4 knobs near the same settings anyway)

you will never be disapointed buying quality my friend. When I worked at Guitar Center (obviously not making any money) I wanted people to get what they wanted, so If I could get them a great deal on a better guitar I'd sacrifice my money for it. If I couldn't I advised them to wait save up and then come in and get what they really wanted. I think the what the HS lacks in style on the custom the quality more than makes up for.
  • Options
    But now I need to get alot of recommendations for guitar review sites to read up about the HS. hmm I may start a new thread about good review sites if noone sees this.

Thanks for the confidence there. I figured quality first.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day