Eds acoustic

2»

Comments

• It seems these aged acoustics are hot items judging by that site. There was an 1970s epiphone dreadnaught at my local music stor for 1500.

I hear these old guitars sound incredible because they have been "worked in"

I really like the look of the mahogany acoustic. I think i would consider one (in 10 years) if they sound as nice as they look. Although my fender is awesome it is also pretty bright sounding (which I love alot of the time), it would be cool to have a mellow acoustic if I were that rich.

The older an acoustic gets, the better the wood sounds... especially depending on what kind of finish/seal was put on the wood.

Mahogany tends to get a bit dark-sounding... I don't actually care for it as a top-wood. I prefer koa and cedar tops... very warm. I would love to have a cedar-top, koa-sides-and-back OM-body acoustic. And let it age gracefully with me. If your Fender is a spruce-top guitar, it will mellow out. In about 10 years.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • sweet 10 years eh? Just around the bend.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • sweet 10 years eh? Just around the bend.

A good acoustic is an investment.

Not in terms of money...

In terms of tone.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Speaking of eds acoustic, here is his new one. Or currently used one.

http://www.tenclub.net/images/rehearsal1.jpg
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Ed's switching it up using the Gibson, nice acoustic.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Speaking of eds acoustic, here is his new one. Or currently used one.

http://www.tenclub.net/images/rehearsal1.jpg

That's a J200 same as what Elvis played.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I'm off to get another acoustic in about a half hour...I'm not happy with my new Takamine...I'm returning it and I might get a taylor 110....Or something else that catches my eye in Guitar Center...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Martin does make reasonably priced Mahagony guitars, I own one, it is the D15 and you can get it in ALL Mahag for under 900 bones. It is warm and the tone is huge. Eddie like many others prefer the sound of the mahagony bodied guitars, and to the best of my knowledge he uses a 000-18 from pre WWII often. It is the same axe that many of my favorite players use. The 000 are smaller bodied guitars with a shorter scale and one in good condition will set you back around 4800 bones.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board