Options

SANTA BARBARA Pre-Party & Fundraiser!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    bumping from the Canary in Santa Barbara
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    cutback wrote:
    still not quite sure....hope to get out here early afternoon....might stop by to see my sister in Montecito and maybe drive around town, check state st....but will be there for the party and definitely the after party....:)
    is your sister's name Oprah!!!???? :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    i'm headed out of work in a few. its supposed to be in the 70's today, perfect day for seeing ed.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I start making the drive up from Costa Mesa.

Gonna put the top down, enjoy the sun and the open sky, and get ready for a wonderful night.

look for me on the 405/101 !!!!

God I can't wait!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Bump :)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,814
    Good luck Lydia and I hope everyone has a blast! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    Thanks to whoever mentioned the el Prado.
    I changed my hotel as the El Prado was much closer to downtown & it is very comfortable for the price-
    The little market across the street has great selection too- except for OMG Santa Barbara is expensive!
    But very nice- I am having a great time & I even checked out the Arlington last night- not bad sightlines but not the Showbox.

They even did an encore- which surprised me, I didn't know that the symphony did encores- & we hardly had to clap!

No screaming though- although i did stand in line at intermission and got Nadia to sign my cds and program.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    great job with the pre show fundraiser Vedhead27 & Soundgrunger :D
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I was there. I have so many thoughts on this. I am sure this will be very disjointed. I only slept a few hours last night and am working right now, but I really want to give this the attention it deserves.

Starting with the pre-party. I can't express enough how generous and awesome the Pearl Jam community is. For you people who were at Dargan's beforehand, I was the guy in the black shirt whose girlfriend did not have a ticket to the show. That is actually part of the story.

Rewind to a few weeks ago. I got locked out of each and every pre-sale. However, when the TM pre-sale came on, a guy by the name of ballbag bought a ticket for the sole purpose of selling it at face value to a fellow PJ fan on the message board. By doing that, he got me in the door.

My girlfriend, who is awesome, went up with me yesterday so that I could not worry about driving back. I have a tendency of falling asleep at the wheel when I am tired. Anyway, so at Dargan's yesterday, we met a couple from Long Beach. (I am sorry, I forgot your names. I am bad with names). Anyway, I mentioned to them the fact that my girlfriend did not have a ticket because we were looking at the raffle prizes, one of which was a ticket to the show.

So I bought 8 raffle tickets and let her ride. I did not win the ticket. BUT I won 50 DVDs. Holy crap! I was so stoked. So THEN the person who won the ticket, giventofly34, comes up to my girlfriend and says "You don't have a ticket? Have fun." And gives my girlfriend the ticket!

At this point, we were thanking her profusely and I said. "Can I give you anything? Some of these DVD's? Can I buy you beer? Can I buy you merchandise at the show?" She just smiles and says "Have fun."

How fucking awesome. I just can't believe how awesome this community is.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you guys who organized the pre-party and the charity stuff, to the couple from Long Beach, and to giventofly34. You guys are saints. All I was able to do for someone is give them some extra rubber bands I had for their posters.

The show....

If he had packed up after Throw Your Arms Around Me, I would have been happy. Add to that Her Majesty, the UCSB poem (he mentioned my burrito place when I was at UCSB -- TA's), Ben Harper, the rope at the beginning, the Arlington Theatre and Eddie Vedder. I could just go on and on. It far surpassed my expectations. I will be back at LAI, ready to return some of this PJ karma!

Peace.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    thank you so much for the pre-party !!! hope some good money was raised!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    demetrios wrote:
    Sign me up! :)

For donations, if this is ok, please let me know ..

For both show's i'm attending (SB & LA1) .. gonna be donating 50 Pearl Jam DVDr show's .. per preshow. 100 discs total.

Which show's to burn .. can it be my choice? or have other's pick for some?
    Check http://www.cartoonworld.de, http://www.jam-river.com & http://www.youkanfakoff.com for the picking. ;)

Demetrios, I am the guy who won the DVD's. Thank you so much for all teh hard work you put into that. I look forward to a marathon of watching these!
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :D Thanks for the review, meistereder!

Sounds like the pre-party and fundraiser went very well!

Still waiting on reading your review in the fanview, Lyd. :D

Glad everyone had a great time!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Wow! Almost 2 weeks later and I am still reeling from the entire EV experience! What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL trip it's been! :o

SB really was just a total dream! Like...literally. Dolly and I left the Bay Area at 4am that morning...got into SB at 8:30am. We were going off of ZERO sleep and could not believe, in our super cracked out state, that we were about to host a frickin party. Somehow we managed to pull it off...and then some! Everything worked out perfectly and so much of that is THANKS to all of you!! THANK YOU!! *group hug* I am still totally touched by all of the last minute donations too! God I love PJ fans! Greatest band, Greatest Fans. And yes, even further proof of this is your beeeeeautiful story meistereder. *tears* Awwww!!! I remember Deb telling me what she had done and I couldnt help but tear up. SO beautiful! THIS is exactly what it's all about. :o

Gotta say thank you Scottie for helping out with the raffle since my voice was gone from Berkeley 2! Seriously though, you were incredible and I cant thank you enough.

Even though our party was the smallest and the shortest...it was still a huge success!!! :DIn just a few hours we were able to raise over $600! Over $400 of that going directly to the WM3!! With a retrial just around the bend, these funds are needed now more than ever!! Thank you all! I've been in contact with the WM3 crew and they are very impressed that we were able to raise this much with little to no press. You guys should feel very proud! I know I do!

It was such a pleasure meeting everyone! Dolly and I floated to the show with the biggest smiles on our faces and the warmest feeling in our hearts.

THANK YOU x INFINITY for making this pre-party a success in so many ways.

HUGE thanks to Dargan's too! They were extremely gracious and accommidating.

AND THE ACTUAL SHOW??? Simply out of this world! Magical just like I knew it would be! First things first, this venue was a million times more amazing in person. *jaw on floor* I kept running up to friends like "have you SEEN it in there?!?!?" TOTALLY out of this world. Pirates of the Caribbean all the way! Completely added to the dream state we were in. haha. It did! Ummm and how about Ed's entrance?! Are you kidding me?! Its so funny too cuze right before the show we were saying how we wanted to just go chill up on the patio and watch the show from there. Then BAM...Ed's in our spot! hahaha. And then for him to throw that rope/sheet over the ledge & CLIMB DOWN?!?! Hooooly shit! The place erupted! What a way to kick things off. I keep replaying that over and over again in my mind. Absolutely CLASSIC!

Honestly though, I had never been THIS sleep deprived at a show before. It definitely just added to the natural high....but at the same time...Ed had little spots around him and was all fuzzy. I had to really concentrate on objects and fight hard to alleviate the double vision. LOL!! Totally insane. I wanted to just shut my eyes and FEEL everything...but at that point, shutting my eyes was a dangerous thing to do. As soon as the lights went down Dolly and I were seriously on the verge of passing out on the floor...especially when the mighty EV came out serenading us with gorgeous lullabies!! HAAA! We knew we'd never be able to live with ourselves if this happened though...and sure enough the contagious energy that pours out of the man kept us afloat. Still though...this show was definitely an out of body experience of whoooole new levels.

And then BEN HARPER?! :eek: *faints* Ok did I just black out for real now!? haha. UNBELIEVABLE! I worship this man!!! Greatest highlight of the evening hands down. I heard that he was gonna be in LA so this was a complete and total surprise. In my dreamlike state it was hard to tell if this was actually happening! haha. That much passion on one stage!?!??! SWEET CHRIST! I just cant even explain it. This combo is beyond powerful! I SO get why Ed and Ben are friends. They compliment each other in the most phenomenal way. Blessed to be a witness indeed.

((( THANK YOU AGAIN SB )))
    :D
    GORGEOUS place! GORGEOUS people! GORGEOUS memories!

"the rest of the world does not look like this"

hehe.
    Love it! Amen Ed! A-men.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    Hey Girlie!!!!
    Soooooo glad you got to experience such a great show.
    Im happy for you.

I think this is the absolute last time I will ever miss a show like this. I don't care anymore what it takes to get there .... if it's west coast ... Im there!

I miss you all more than you know!
    ~~~~I feel so far away~~~~
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    thanks for the review, lydia! nobody can sum it up better than you. :D

it was great seeing you guys again and great job on the fundraiser!! you guys are the best!