Steve Vai: Biggest dick alive

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
K I am sure some of you love this guy, he can play hella fast.

But,
He dresses like well, like I don't know. Platform shoes and giant fur coats with oakleys, classy real classy.
He constantly implies how amazing he is with out saying it outright. His guitar is ugly, but so practical with that cool handgrip.
Tight leather pants are pretty cool.

Man I can see this guy hating Mike McCready
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NothingbetterNothingbetter Posts: 570
    So what does the way he dresses have anything to do with him being a dick or not?

Everyone has their own style. Nice to see you judge a book by it's cover.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • judging by his shows either his manager or he himself thinks he's a god of some sort.

*shrugs*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    facinating.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Steve is actually a very nice guy, and aside from wardrobe issues, you'd feel like half a fag for calling him a dick if you ever met him.
  • SteveMurraySteveMurray Posts: 66
    dude thats a ignorant comment calling the guy the biggest dick alive when im sure you've never even met him. I dont like his music but i wouldnt go making comments about him as a person.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    K I am sure some of you love this guy, he can play hella fast.

But,
    He dresses like well, like I don't know. Platform shoes and giant fur coats with oakleys, classy real classy.
    He constantly implies how amazing he is with out saying it outright. His guitar is ugly, but so practical with that cool handgrip.
    Tight leather pants are pretty cool.

Man I can see this guy hating Mike McCready

are you compensating for something? relax.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Ron Jeremy, should get the vote for people being alive.
    John Holmes, should get the vote for dead people.

Steve Vai, hard to say. I've never seen his dick. Although a friend of mine pointed it out to me in one of his videos from the Passion and Warfare album. So I guess I have, but I've blocked it out of my memory. I only remember him going to hit the pause button....*shudder*
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    I never thought of a guitarist as the biggest dick alive,,,,Ok, maybe the platform shoes aren't for everyone! :)

My vote for biggest dick alive would really to someone like, oh,,,,, Ed Gein :mad:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
    i saw him 2 months ago here in his hometown...they have this black guy, i dont remmeber his name, but he plays synth and guitar...when he plays guitar, HES BETTER THAN STEVE VAI
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
    "judging by his shows either his manager or he himself thinks he's a god of some sort."

Yah its the fact that he acts like he is the greatest guitarist ever. I read a few articles of his, he really does seem like the biggest dick ever.

The costume (which kinda goes with the theory he thinks hes some sort of god, he dresses like a comic book superheroe) is just shit icing on the dick cake :)

THis is all kinda a joke, well I really think the guys an asshole. But not the worst human being on earth.

He talks in one article about how there are 3 types of guitarists, the type he is the type that makes history. Wow conceded much? Funny thing is I had never heard of the guy before I started reading alot of guitar mags. Making history?

I believe him to be the scott stapp of the guitar world. Except with 100x more talent than Stapp.

I haven't met him, but it's up to him to make sure he is properly represented, wearing floor length fur coats, no shirt, leather pants and sunglasses, all the while constantly posing and talking about how amazing he is (sorry he just implies it), does not make me thinik he is any sort of nice guy.

I have never heard mike mcready, or even guys like Slash for that matter say how great they are.

To support my claims of assholishness I will find some wicked posing for you guys :)

http://www.aoqz76.dsl.pipex.com/Web%20Page%20Components/Wallpaper/Music/Steve%20Vai.jpg
    "I am king rock, you will bow before me"

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/epic/stevevai/0702_steve_vai_a.jpg
    must be pretty cold in that metallic room, cause that fur coat looks ridiculous and severe cold is the only reason someone would wear it
    http://members.aol.com/dantheman4/guitars/vai_icon.jpg
    Sexiest man alive? YOU FRIGGIN KNOW IT!!!
  • he's not the biggest dick alive...my dick is WAY bigger than he is
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    "His name is Stevie Vai...and he's a crazy guy.....this november I recall he needed a spanking..

Hair brush...Ooh with a haaiir bruuush.....it's NOT that he requires grooooming..

...Guys with light blue hair...never doooooooooooo......"

Lil' titbit of info as well, if you didn't know....it's Dweezil that plays the second guitar solo...(Vai the first!)

Great song! Great Guitar player (although I must admit, I prefer the earlier - playing with Zappa - stuff!)
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    I never thought of a guitarist as the biggest dick alive,,,,Ok, maybe the platform shoes aren't for everyone! :)

My vote for biggest dick alive would really to someone like, oh,,,,, Ed Gein :mad:
    ed gein is dead
  • He's a lot better than that Malmsteen. Now there's an ego.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Did you ever think that maybe he dresses that way just to get attention....I mean, he got yours didn't he? As for what kind of person he is...I'll let you know if I ever meet him.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    "Did you ever think that maybe he dresses that way just to get attention....I mean, he got yours didn't he?"

Maybe this one charactertisitic of an asshole :)

He got mine alright!! Then I started a thread about his dickishness, probably not the attention he was looking for. Then again all this did cause me to download a couple songs of his.

I downloaded 5th symphony by him. I was not impressed. I downloaded a long solo of him and malmsteen together, and I heard the ridiculous speed, and lack of musical qualities in the solo. The speed was impressive still, but I swear Zakk Wylde plays just as fast. IS this the case?

I would like Mike Mcready to bust out a souped up moonlight sanata at the end of black. That would be cool.
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    "I'm not like, all over the guitar. I play half speed to these fuckin' other assholes, Steve Vai and whoever the new incarnation Mutant Guitar God is. And ya know, they're great, they're fast and more power to 'em. Fuckin' stock car racer guitar players, heh heh"

-Neil Young, from the biography SHAKEY
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Monkey ManMonkey Man Posts: 20
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    "I'm not like, all over the guitar. I play half speed to these fuckin' other assholes, Steve Vai and whoever the new incarnation Mutant Guitar God is. And ya know, they're great, they're fast and more power to 'em. Fuckin' stock car racer guitar players, heh heh"

-Neil Young, from the biography SHAKEY

Neil's excessive use of "heh, heh" amuses me. I'd say Neil is a much better guitarist than Vai, more modest too.

Vai's sort of overrated, listen to somebody like John Mclaughlin instead.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Mclaughlin destroys just about any guitarist who has ever walked the Earth. I wish he played electric more often...or could just suck it up long enough to to a Mahavishnu reunion :)
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    enharmonic wrote:
    Mclaughlin destroys just about any guitarist who has ever walked the Earth. I wish he played electric more often...or could just suck it up long enough to to a Mahavishnu reunion :)

Oh man, I had a copy the bootleg, session the Holy Grail. Long misplaced, but I still have the published version The Lost Trident Sessions.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Man I'm gonna check this guy out.

Iw as just shredding a wicked uke solo personally :)
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    ed gein is dead

:o You're right!! I wasn't paying attention to the "living" part.

Ok,

maybe Kenneth Lay!

:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Could you sing one of his solos note for note? I can kind of sing a John Coltrane sax solo. He was faster than Vai and more harmonically sophisticated, so why doesn't Vai's stuff register? Answer? Because it doesn't really say much, perhaps?
  • Steve Vai is actually a really nice guy. From personal experience. Not by deciding he's an asshole because of how he dresses.
    7/10/06
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Ah yes, the Malmsteen thread.

Now there's a guy who's known to be an arrogant dick.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    This guy like Satriani doesn't play guitar, he plays his ego.

This isn't music, it's a circus act.

Fuck it.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    This guy like Satriani doesn't play guitar, he plays his ego.

This isn't music, it's a circus act.

Fuck it.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»