Options

*Official* Final Solution *Thread*

2»

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i don't think he was implying that ten club would sell the members list, rather just making the point that being able to identify who your customer is an valuable aspect of strategic business management
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    i don't think he was implying that ten club would sell the members list, rather just making the point that being able to identify who your customer is an valuable aspect of strategic business management

Right.
    I get that from the clarification. :D

And i have no problems with that.
    Sounds like neither do either of the two of you.

But again, knowing where the fanclub came from, and reading things like the TFT interview with Tim, it is very apparent that the 10C was LOSING MONEY FOR A LONG LONG TIME ... and at some point the band stepped in directly and said, "Look we love the fans, and we want the best for them, but PLEASE try to make this operation SELF SUFFICIENT!"

And there is NOTHING wrong with that!

The 10C is still, IMHO, the best fanclub fucking money can buy ... and if you've had there back from the word "jump", they've had yours right back!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Right.
    I get that from the clarification. :D

And i have no problems with that.
    Sounds like neither do either of the two of you.

But again, knowing where the fanclub came from, and reading things like the TFT interview with Tim, it is very apparent that the 10C was LOSING MONEY FOR A LONG LONG TIME ... and at some point the band stepped in directly and said, "Look we love the fans, and we want the best for them, but PLEASE try to make this operation SELF SUFFICIENT!"

And there is NOTHING wrong with that!

The 10C is still, IMHO, the best fanclub fucking money can buy ... and if you've had there back from the word "jump", they've had yours right back!

:D

I have no problem at all with the 10club using the fan club list as a marketing tool. I think it would be stupid not to. It just bugs me when people think that the 10club is only being run to benefit the fans and has no benefit to the band.

Although I am not sure if you can measure the success of the fan club by looking at it as a totally independent self sufficient operation. I mean to use an exaggerated example, the fan club might lose 1-million dollars over a year but because of the work of the fan club Pearl Jam the band might make an extra 5-million dollars off of increased ticket and CD sales. If that was the case as, 10club as an independent operation wouldn’t be very successful, but as part of the band’s operation as a whole it would be very successful. The problem is I don’t know enough about marketing to know how you would measure that, but I am sure that 10club has an effect on the bands profits that you can’t measure by looking just at the 10club books.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    so many assumptions around here.....

Anyway, I need a final solution to what I'm having for lunch today
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

i could realy go for a GOOD chimichanga!
    And a strong margarita, rocks, salt and a sidecar of Don Julio!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    I have no problem at all with the 10club using the fan club list as a marketing tool. I think it would be stupid not to. It just bugs me when people think that the 10club is only being run to benefit the fans and has no benefit to the band.

Although I am not sure if you can measure the success of the fan club by looking at it as a totally independent self sufficient operation. I mean to use an exaggerated example, the fan club might lose 1-million dollars over a year but because of the work of the fan club Pearl Jam the band might make an extra 5-million dollars off of increased ticket and CD sales. If that was the case as, 10club as an independent operation wouldn’t be very successful, but as part of the band’s operation as a whole it would be very successful. The problem is I don’t know enough about marketing to know how you would measure that, but I am sure that 10club has an effect on the bands profits that you can’t measure by looking just at the 10club books.

Right.

What i am saying is up until VERY recently (like 2003 or later) i don't think the 10C was run with a BUSINESS strategy at ALL ... i think it was a PURE cost center ... run with 1 real goal ... pleasing the fanclub, and keeping a loyal fanbase ... particularly in times where PJ was increasingly NOT a public image ... they were so far from the mainstream of music for most of the No Code - Avocado era ... sure you can argue they got airplay in Philly ... but come on ...

The tenclub kept fans happy (or most of them at least) ... and that was good enough ... for a LONG time ...

at SOME point, the band realized that it needed its fanclub to carry some weight.
    And wether that resulted in a true profit center or just an augmented cost center that provided enough real value to the other major profit center (the band proper) to offset its liability to Pearl Jam Inc., i think is irrelevant ...

the point I was making is that I truly believe in my heart, given what i personaly experienced with 10C over the years, is that it was a BORN A THING OF LOVE ...
    the band was truly using it to give back to the fans.

Of course where there is money to be made, money will eventualy be made, and whose to fault them for that ...

but i'm TELLIN YA ... you guys are barking up the wrong tree if you think they are heartless assholes just trying to get your $$$ ...

if anything, they may have become heartless because "you" made 'em that way by relentless bitching ...

hence the "baby bird" logo ... never fucking happy, always fucking whines for more, oh boo hoo ... feed me feed me ...
  • Options
    only one question, what is so OFFICIAL about your opinion?

and an elitist opinion at that...........

ps: get some sleep, you are delirious

agreed , so youre saying becuase i only joined in 05 and my number is higher than 250X that im not WORTHY of being in the 10c ???
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i didnt get the gist of your post because i couldnt get past the intelligent use of the work "fuck" 50 billion times...haha

just messin

only complaint i have about the 10C is their server sucks, which in the big picture of life is small, but getting tickets is a headache and this is coming from someone who actually got to go to the Vic :)
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

Of course where there is money to be made, money will eventualy be made, and whose to fault them for that ...

but i'm TELLIN YA ... you guys are barking up the wrong tree if you think they are heartless assholes just trying to get your $$$ ...

I see what you are saying and I think if the fan club can make some cash without alienating too many fans they should totally go for it. I don't think they are heartless assholes at all. But at the same time I recognize that they are a company, where as I get the feeling that some people on the board have 10club confused with UNICEF or the Red Cross.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    and this is coming from someone who actually got to go to the Vic :)

Yeah.
    Well fuck YOU!
    ;)

I was shut out on that shit!
    :(

Oh well.
    How it goes.

Honestly i can't believe that 5 years after 2003 we're still having these server problems, but just keep dealing with it and bitching about it, maybe they'll get it right.

I hope everyone understands that the original post was intended to be illustrative of the hypocricy inherent about bitching about a system you are quite possibly to new to realy understand. About how bitching about it in front of a whole bunch of people who have known life without even having such a great thing to be bitching about can be pretty offensive. And also, how a "solution" to one person is a total slap in the face to 20 other people.

Oh. And i fully get that its not just the "newer" members that are bitching like fuck-all ... the ones under 250K that are bitching? They are the elitists. ;D ;D ;D

Anyhow.
    Just stop ragging on our poor little club. Its the only club we got.
    And they could be realy spiteful and make it a lot worse if so many continue to be such ungrateful fucks.
    Thats all i'm saying.
    :D:D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

cruise on out here, i'll buy you lunch. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    cruise on out here, i'll buy you lunch. :D

I still have TWO phone numbers for you saved on my phone from one of your little ticket fiascos in '06.

If you start tryin to "get serious" with ECM i will break that shit up by harrassing your phone endlessly, insuring that i put an end to any monkey business (ahahhah roflmao, i'm so fucking funny! not!) that may be taking place.

And i'm not questioning your virtue.
    I'm just saying ... it tastes like a popsicle shoved up someones ass, and SOME people are INTO that ... ECM wink wink ECM wink wink ....

ohman.
    wtf am i talking about?

I have now officialy been up for 32 hours straight!
    Fuckin sleep next at 3am, god willing.

:sigh:
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    HERE IS THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH
    10 Club

Given that so many people here clearly don't remember what the fuck it was like to be a humble fucking fan when the fucking 10 Club didn't offer the fucking privelage of receiving premium fucking seats to the best show on the fucking planet ...

... and given that said people, even when they do get tickets whine and bitch about how their seats suck and its not fair, and they can get better from ticketmaster, and goddamnit they paid $20 goddamn dollars, and they want fucking good seats ...

... and given that, again, to really hammer this home, some people here don't remember what it was like to join a fanclub just to get some fucking information about a band you loved, to get a cool ass record, and that was it ... and that when seats suddenly became available through the fanclub, even though the bands popularity was arguably on the decline from the crazy early 90's ... amazingly, the 10 clubs membership began to ramp up heavy ... and then when they were nice enough to give us full access to shows via 10C, the membership rates went off the fucking charts ... even though we are at this point talking about binaural ... ;) ... given all that

... and the fact that in all likelyhood, the single biggest driving factor of the higher price that so many also like to bitch about , or use a reason why they should get tickets ( because thats why they joined and thats what they paid for) ... the single biggest driving factor of that price is probably the massive increase in ticketing responsibility that comes with a huge fan club, along with inflation which is not their fault ...

... given ALL that ...
    which is to say, some people here are completely unaware of what this club realy is, and how shity it realy could be (if you for some reason think this is shity) ...

... and given that some of us would like to just keep our happy system, and not get backlash from crazy people who think talk about suing the fucking fanclub is necessary or intelligent ...

given all of all of all of that

I SAY THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IS...
    THE SOLUTION ...
    THE FINAL SOLUTION ...

CUT OFF FANCLUB MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS AT TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND AND REFUND THE REMAINING NUMBERS THEIR PRO-RATED ANNUAL DUES

...and get on with life!

AND, give each <250,000 # Member the right ... not the obligation, and not the duty, but the right to SPLIT their membership, extending a complementary membership to any one of their choosing.

That means, if you truly are one of the "faithful", you'll be just fine, because someone will vouch and put you right.

Otherwise. SEAL THE GATES, LOCK OUT THE HEATHENS, CLOSE THE CLUB, AND PRIVATIZE THE BENEFITS.

:D:D:D
    I knew you folks would like that.
    Deadly serious.
    And please don't nominate me for expulsion based on this post. I haven't slept in 24 hours.
    ;)

I thought you quit the 10c because you recently found out that EV supported Michael Jackson back in '94.

What happened to that thread? Mods deleted it?
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"