Options

*Official* Final Solution *Thread*

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited February 2008 in The Porch
HERE IS THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH
10 Club

Given that so many people here clearly don't remember what the fuck it was like to be a humble fucking fan when the fucking 10 Club didn't offer the fucking privelage of receiving premium fucking seats to the best show on the fucking planet ...

... and given that said people, even when they do get tickets whine and bitch about how their seats suck and its not fair, and they can get better from ticketmaster, and goddamnit they paid $20 goddamn dollars, and they want fucking good seats ...

... and given that, again, to really hammer this home, some people here don't remember what it was like to join a fanclub just to get some fucking information about a band you loved, to get a cool ass record, and that was it ... and that when seats suddenly became available through the fanclub, even though the bands popularity was arguably on the decline from the crazy early 90's ... amazingly, the 10 clubs membership began to ramp up heavy ... and then when they were nice enough to give us full access to shows via 10C, the membership rates went off the fucking charts ... even though we are at this point talking about binaural ... ;) ... given all that

... and the fact that in all likelyhood, the single biggest driving factor of the higher price that so many also like to bitch about , or use a reason why they should get tickets ( because thats why they joined and thats what they paid for) ... the single biggest driving factor of that price is probably the massive increase in ticketing responsibility that comes with a huge fan club, along with inflation which is not their fault ...

... given ALL that ...
which is to say, some people here are completely unaware of what this club realy is, and how shity it realy could be (if you for some reason think this is shity) ...

... and given that some of us would like to just keep our happy system, and not get backlash from crazy people who think talk about suing the fucking fanclub is necessary or intelligent ...

given all of all of all of that

I SAY THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IS...
THE SOLUTION ...
THE FINAL SOLUTION ...

CUT OFF FANCLUB MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS AT TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND AND REFUND THE REMAINING NUMBERS THEIR PRO-RATED ANNUAL DUES

...and get on with life!

AND, give each <250,000 # Member the right ... not the obligation, and not the duty, but the right to SPLIT their membership, extending a complementary membership to any one of their choosing.

That means, if you truly are one of the "faithful", you'll be just fine, because someone will vouch and put you right.

Otherwise. SEAL THE GATES, LOCK OUT THE HEATHENS, CLOSE THE CLUB, AND PRIVATIZE THE BENEFITS.

:D:D:D
I knew you folks would like that.
Deadly serious.
And please don't nominate me for expulsion based on this post. I haven't slept in 24 hours.
;)
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    only one question, what is so OFFICIAL about your opinion?

and an elitist opinion at that...........

ps: get some sleep, you are delirious
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    I like this idea!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options

oh please.
    *official* is the new "i'm so cool. rollsmyeyes".
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    HERE IS THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH
    10 Club

Given that so many people here clearly don't remember what the fuck it was like to be a humble fucking fan when the fucking 10 Club didn't offer the fucking privelage of receiving premium fucking seats to the best show on the fucking planet ...

... and given that said people, even when they do get tickets whine and bitch about how their seats suck and its not fair, and they can get better from ticketmaster, and goddamnit they paid $20 goddamn dollars, and they want fucking good seats ...

... and given that, again, to really hammer this home, some people here don't remember what it was like to join a fanclub just to get some fucking information about a band you loved, to get a cool ass record, and that was it ... and that when seats suddenly became available through the fanclub, even though the bands popularity was arguably on the decline from the crazy early 90's ... amazingly, the 10 clubs membership began to ramp up heavy ... and then when they were nice enough to give us full access to shows via 10C, the membership rates went off the fucking charts ... even though we are at this point talking about binaural ... ;) ... given all that

... and the fact that in all likelyhood, the single biggest driving factor of the higher price that so many also like to bitch about , or use a reason why they should get tickets ( because thats why they joined and thats what they paid for) ... the single biggest driving factor of that price is probably the massive increase in ticketing responsibility that comes with a huge fan club, along with inflation which is not their fault ...

... given ALL that ...
    which is to say, some people here are completely unaware of what this club realy is, and how shity it realy could be (if you for some reason think this is shity) ...

... and given that some of us would like to just keep our happy system, and not get backlash from crazy people who think talk about suing the fucking fanclub is necessary or intelligent ...

given all of all of all of that

I SAY THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IS...
    THE SOLUTION ...
    THE FINAL SOLUTION ...

CUT OFF FANCLUB MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS AT TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND AND REFUND THE REMAINING NUMBERS THEIR PRO-RATED ANNUAL DUES

...and get on with life!

AND, give each <250,000 # Member the right ... not the obligation, and not the duty, but the right to SPLIT their membership, extending a complementary membership to any one of their choosing.

That means, if you truly are one of the "faithful", you'll be just fine, because someone will vouch and put you right.

Otherwise. SEAL THE GATES, LOCK OUT THE HEATHENS, CLOSE THE CLUB, AND PRIVATIZE THE BENEFITS.

I knew you folks would like that.
    Deadly serious.
    And please don't nominate me for expulsion based on this post. I haven't slept in 24 hours.
    ;)

1) Who's to say that complainers only exist >250,000? Are you telling me this is some sort of magic number where below it, everyone is grateful? Hm.

2) Sure, people bitch about these ticket prices, but they buy them anyways, don't they? So maybe people need to learn to shut the hell up at times, not lose a priviledge they actually pay for.

3) I completely agree with you on the topic of people complaining about their seat location, however my number is 359,XXX, and will willingly take the seats I get, at the prices I'm charged, knowing my money is money which will go in Pearl Jam's pockets, not Ticketmaster. Maybe you should rethink your thoughts based on the fact that you're generalizing like mad.

4) I assume this post is a response to the responses regarding the Eddie Solo Tour Ticketing Fiasco... Well, try and imagine you don't have money for groceries because the Ten Club is holding your money. Don't you think you'd be a bit upset? Now, what's the difference between Ten Club holding your money and not telling you what's going on when you're broke, and when you're not? Either way, it seems a bit irresponsible.

Those are my two cents, I'm not trying to fight here.

My point is - there's no right course of action the Ten Club can take, because I believe there's work that needs to be done on the fans, and on the Ten Club's end.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I think you seriously need to study history. Labeling anything as the "Final Solution" is both ridiculous and offensive.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    do you think we could cut it off at 260,000 instead?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    oh, and should we start by referring to you exclusively as adolf?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    I think you seriously need to study history. Labeling anything as the "Final Solution" is both ridiculous and offensive.

what in this post did you NOT find ridiculous and offensive?

In fact that was the very point of the title ...

I find a lot of the behavior on this board to be both of those, especialy in relation to expectations that 10c be this unfaultering entity that OWES people.

I was just giving back a little.

Sheesh.
    :D
  • Options
    Is it really worth all this debate???

why are you spending hours on this topic???

OCD????
    the Minions
  • Options
    Is it really worth all this debate???

why are you spending hours on this topic???

OCD????
    good fun
    thats all it is.
  • Options
    i'm gonna get railed for this:

but, so be it

it must be difficult for 10C to handle all these tix sale-so here's my two choices:

1) STOP SELLING TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!

2) Consult the Grateful Dead people in their ticketing office-i went to 132 dead shows and never missed out on mail order. It was snail mail but it worked.

I hope everyone that is pissed gets this resolved and i hope the happy people have fun at the shows-I'll be hiking on the AT, not thinking about ya.

peace.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Make the cut off 293xxx and higher please ;)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Make the cut off 293xxx and higher please

Lol.
    I'm sure you have a friend <250K that will split, don't yah?

I dont know what i was going for with 250k, but it seemed reasonable.

I think going back to snailmail would be wonderful for the fans, but all hell for poor little Kerensa, Tim and crew.

Anyhow.
    ;)

And gardenlover, selling tickets wouldn't be a problem if that darned "other half" was out of the picture.
    :D
  • Options
    Elitists are so funny.

And yet why do I still want them all to go swimming with piranha?

I'm in that 250K and I still think this is a ridiculous idea.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:
    Elitists are so funny.

And yet why do I still want them all to go swimming with piranha?

I'm in that 250K and I still think this is a ridiculous idea.

Elitists?
    where?
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

I agree, but I think that was the point.

I hereby nominate drifingtbythestorm for expulsion. ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    I agree, but I think that was the point.

I hereby nominate drifingtbythestorm for expulsion. ;)

doh.
    :(
    :( :(
    ::sigh::
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    doh.
    :( :(
    ::sigh::

You would have been fine had you not used the language and let everyone in with a number over 344xxx :p
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    I vote no goose stepping.
  • Options
    I vote no goose stepping.

How bout Duck Walking?

Stone would be proud.

[I couldn't even find a PICTURE of him duck walking. Much less VIDEO. sigh sigh sigh]
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Wow, what a prick thing to even come up with. Sorry that I wasn't born when you were, but I'm not a complaining fuck either. I pay my $25 per year, and I love being in the 10club. How fucking rude.
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    Wow, what a prick thing to even come up with. Sorry that I wasn't born when you were, but I'm not a complaining fuck either. I pay my $25 per year, and I love being in the 10club. How fucking rude.

See.
    I was gonna split my membership with you,
    but then you had to get all beligerent.

;)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

this part is the ONLY part of your post that is great!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    4) I assume this post is a response to the responses regarding the Eddie Solo Tour Ticketing Fiasco... Well, try and imagine you don't have money for groceries because the Ten Club is holding your money. Don't you think you'd be a bit upset? Now, what's the difference between Ten Club holding your money and not telling you what's going on when you're broke, and when you're not? Either way, it seems a bit irresponsible.
    If you don't have money for groceries what the hell are you spending your money on tickets for???????? Maybe you had enough money for a pair and groceries, but were "charged" twice or more you say? Well you shouldn't be submitting your info multiple times then, regardless of an error message. If money is that tight you should be saving it anyway.

Yes 10 Club is not handling this good in the least as far as I can tell, but come on, people need to be responsible with their money!

EDIT: The you I'm referring to is a general you, not someone specific.
  • Options
    and get rid of seniority!

the old timers are spoiled and jaded
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343

man, every one of your posts is so aggressive and single minded

you have issues
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

I don't really buy into the idea that 10club are offering these services purely out of the goodness of their heart. I mean yes they are very generous to the members (and I am very appreciative) but at the same time they are getting something very valuable out of the club as well, namely the members list. I mean can you imagine if McDonalds had a list with the names and contact numbers of the 200,000 or so people who go to McDonald’s the most? The information would be crazy valuable from a promotions and marketing stand point. That is pretty much what the tenclub is, I mean look at how much free buzz they generate each year from the Christmas single.

In exchange for our information we are rewarded with things like seats and merchandise. It is pretty much the same thing as a frequent flyer or store rewards program. But to think that 10club and Pearl Jam are doing this for entirely our benefit is kind of silly.
  • Options
    I don't really buy into the idea that 10club are offering these services purely out of the goodness of their heart. I mean yes they are very generous to the members (and I am very appreciative) but at the same time they are getting something very valuable out of the club as well, namely the members list. I mean can you imagine if McDonalds had a list with the names and contact numbers of the 200,000 or so people who go to McDonald’s the most? The information would be crazy valuable from a promotions and marketing stand point. That is pretty much what the tenclub is, I mean look at how much free buzz they generate each year from the Christmas single.

In exchange for our information we are rewarded with things like seats and merchandise. It is pretty much the same thing as a frequent flyer or store rewards program. But to think that 10club and Pearl Jam are doing this for entirely our benefit is kind of silly.

Wow. I thought you were going to say 10C motive was to secure your $$$ directly through tickets ...

... but you warped it (and lost me) with the selling the member list for profit.

I highly doubt they would EVER do this.
    I could be way in the wrong on that,
    but i've known tenclub to do stupid things,
    and i've seen a little of placating the elitistis sure,
    but never anything that scumbag corporate.
    Seriously.

I think you are off on that call.

;)

Also i want to let the people who may not understand this know it for sure ...
    i FULLY believe in my heart, that when 10C was set up, their SOLE aim was to provide THE FAN with a BETTER FAN EXPERIENCE. ... PERIOD.

10C was a COST CENTER ... a MONEY LOSER for A LONG LONG TIME ...
    and that was before they started selling tickets.

To say that the fanclub was in it for the money is BS.
    I and probably anyone else whose been around here long enough can give you STORY AFTER STORY of how the 10C came through like a night in shining fucking armor to right some wrong ... to help transfer tickets ... to fix a mistake ... to GET A MEMBER NUMBER BACK after expiration ... they BENT OVER BACKWARDS to please!

They still do. Best they can.
    But so many have piled on the goddamn "bitch" bandwagon, that now they try to transfer tickets, and the masses either complain about it, or abuse it ...they offer tickets and more of the same ...

Sure, Pearl Jam, as the music industry as a whole has lost $$$ steam and had to reorganize its profit methods, has become a bit more "corporate" ... they are 5\6 guys and a WHOLE STAFF that needs to eat ...

... and with that change, 10C itself has got a bit more Suit & Tie ...

but i know in my heart of fucking hearts that the main goal of 10C is to PLEASE UNPLEASEABLE BASTARDS and DO IT REPEATEDLY TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY!

Anyone here who has met Tim or Kerensa can probably give you a kind story.
    I know i can. (okay, please lets not start the bitch about Kerensa thread. She tries. She tries. She tries.)
    Kerensa personaly got me a fanclub single that went out before i joined, got me some that went out when my membership had lapsed (mine expires over christmas. it sucks!) saved my member number once!, got me transfers in '03, fixed a ticketing snafu in '01 ... pretty sure she was responsible for addressing the envelope for the first show i ever attended in '95 ... answered a slew of emails regarding tickets ... corrected a double billing (just like this one you guys are bitching about) and did it humbly and as quickly as she possibly could.

Likewise, from what i know of Tim he is a laid back honest man of virtue, and they are running this ship as well as they can ... and yes the backend server needs some work ... but goddamnit its the fucking Tenclub people. Either get on their side or get off the fucking field already.

I'm just sick of people bitching about it.
    It makes me really sad.
    Its pathetic.

Coming from someone who knows where this club came from, and what it became.
    And how much shit they've gotten for such a good thing over so many years
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Wow. I thought you were going to say 10C motive was to secure you $$$ directly through tickets ...

... but you warped it (and lost me) with the selling the member list for profit.

I highly doubt they would EVER do this.
    I could be way in the wrong on that,
    but i've known tenclub to do stupid things,
    and i've seen a little of placating the elitistis sure,
    but never anything that scumbag corporate.
    Seriously.

I think you are off on that call.

;)

I never said they would sell the list to any 3rd party and I don't think that they would do that. But keeping it for themselves and using the list as a promotional tool for the band is highly valuable. I already mentioned that the Christmas single creates a ton of free buzz (both word of mouth and in the media).

And if they were planning a tour, the fan club list instantly gives them information on where the largest groups of hard core fans live.

I mean even with the poster book, the fan club list gave them thousands of email address that they could send messages too to let people know the book was coming out, without that list I am sure they wouldn't have sold as many as they did.

Seriously think of it like a frequent flyer program. The airline isn't just giving you free tickets because they like you. They are giving them to you in exchange for information on when and how often you fly, which there marketing department can use to make money.