BJF Pedals -- comparisons

2»

Comments

• JofZ wrote:
    We are going to do them every 6 months, so you'll get in on the next one. We have lots of cool stuff planned, even ToneFest Japan :)

The Bumbox is the shit, get one now before you have to wait 2 years-trust me!
    I think the price is beyond great, the looks are amazing and the sound, well the clips are just the tip of the iceberg. We are giving one away at ToneFest!

yeah you just fucking sold me, and i've only listened to 1 clip so far.

nothing else out there seems to even compare ... not at $400 that is for DAMN SURE ! ! !
    the gain knob is just pure BONUS.
    :D

i think i'll place my order to-freaking-morrow!

now i just need to find a good 1x12 cab.

once again jay, you fukin' slay me with your geetar whizzardry.

[edit] AHHHH mercy be to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sombrabella.com/bumbox/mp3/spitzer_Lead1_3.mp3

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah you just fucking sold me, and i've only listened to 1 clip so far.

nothing else out there seems to even compare ... not at $400 that is for DAMN SURE ! ! !
    the gain knob is just pure BONUS.

i think i'll place my order to-freaking-morrow!

now i just need to find a good 1x12 cab.

once again jay, you fukin' slay me with your geetar whizzardry.

[edit] AHHHH mercy be to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sombrabella.com/bumbox/mp3/spitzer_Lead1_3.mp3

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, I know the money is set aside, if you want one you might want to get in ASAP.

These things have a way of exploding. Waiting in this sense usually means waiting big time. You can find a cabinet later there are lots of good cabinet builders that we've discussed. I can't remember if we've mentioned tone tools or not.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, I know the money is set aside, if you want one you might want to get in ASAP.

These things have a way of exploding. Waiting in this sense usually means waiting big time. You can find a cabinet later there are lots of good cabinet builders that we've discussed. I can't remember if we've mentioned tone tools or not.
    dude.
    i'm IN.
    i have to go to the store and get some food for a lunch meeting here at the office but when i come back i'm sending an email over asking about placing the order ...

it WILL happen TODAY.

i can see these going on 6month wait very quick
    and then i see the price going up to at least $650 if not $850+
    agree?
    yup.

thanks again, all.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/112-AVATAR-Guitar-Speaker-cab-Eminence-Wizard-WOW_W0QQitemZ7410298663QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

speaker cab. 100 bucks including shipping, Bada Bing Bada Boom.

Eminence Wizard. 75 watter very clean, pretty stiff cone, if you don't like it though you can always sell it and swap it for something else.

There are some Ear Candies on their too.

For those type of features that price ain't gonna last long.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i just placed my order for the Lead1.

I may bid on that Avatar if it doesn't go up too hight.

I know this sounds retarded but, as much as i LOVE my matched flamed maple 2x12 Buzzbomb from Earcandy (that i picked up on ebay, it was a demo piece they did for a wood show) ... i can NOT STAND their new logo (that stupid false-metal core blood drip logo) ... and the new direction their designs have taken are just so beyond-the-pale dark \ goth and blah ... i dunno ...

i'd like to post a pic. of the cabinet i picked up 2 years ago from them so you all could see the difference in where they were and where they are now.

i asked the guys at sombrabella if they knew of any other cab makers,
    but i guess i'll probably pick up an avatar in the near future ...

worst comes to worse i'll run this thing through only the 1 side of my stereo 2x12.

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I think Bumbox is going to sell so many they will be backordered for years and the price has got to go up. I can't wait for mine :)
    Enjoy it!!!!
    One nice feature is you can use just about any cab you want, so there is no need to sacrifice if you have a second rig.
    I am glad you dig it and make sure you let me know how you like it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Hell maybe I should get one too. Anybody want to buy an 87 LP Studio wine red dot inlay Ebony, schallers? Anyone? Bueller?

Why not just use your Ear Candy you already love?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Hell maybe I should get one too. Anybody want to buy an 87 LP Studio wine red dot inlay Ebony, schallers? Anyone? Bueller?

Nate is the owner and one cool guy. I am going to talk to him in a few. I'll see if I can get him to come over here and introduce himself.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    Nate is the owner and one cool guy. I am going to talk to him in a few. I'll see if I can get him to come over here and introduce himself.

great, I want to know how much his boosts cost too.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    great, I want to know how much his boosts cost too.
    I will get some clips and prices for you.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Pacomc79 wrote:

it's a 2x12 wired in STEREO ...
    somehow i doubt being able to get this Bumbox w\ stereo outs
    (but fuck me if i didn't ask. :D )

anyhow,
    i need something portable ... and even if it WAS easy to move ...

it's polyeurethane coated bookmatched maple ... NO tolex ... so it is too much of a looker to be dragging back and forth ...

i already have an ding or two on the front top from a goober of a friend who laid the guitar against it with the strings facing and the strings dug a sliver in to it...

i'd rather keep it stationary ...
  • BTW -- I am in cue for a Lead 1 from Bumbox!
    Super excited,
    and he is adding an extra out on the back so i can have the option of plugging in to a 1x12 (that i've yet to get) or my current 2x12 which requires 2 cables (as it's stereo) ...

BJF BBOD -- anyone? anything? JoZ?
    :(
    :( :(
    :( :( :(
    :( :( :( :(
    BTW -- I am in cue for a Lead 1 from Bumbox!
    Super excited,
    and he is adding an extra out on the back so i can have the option of plugging in to a 1x12 (that i've yet to get) or my current 2x12 which requires 2 cables (as it's stereo) ...

BJF BBOD -- anyone? anything? JoZ?
    :(
    :( :(
    :( :( :(
    :( :( :( :(

Sweet news on the Lead1, I know Nate is working hard on them.
    I hope to hear something on BBOD soon.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    Sweet news on the Lead1, I know Nate is working hard on them.

Any news is good news at this point.
    Thanks a million, J!

I CAN'T WAIT to get the Lead1.
    I'm DYING to crank a fucking amp ...

honestly, even when i try to crank my Egnater, it doesn't sound so hot ...
    a. because the tubes are so damn old
    b. because it is so loud i get vibrations off of the walls and shit.
    ugly noises...

this 1watter is gonna be fun!
    Any news is good news at this point.
    Thanks a million, J!

I CAN'T WAIT to get the Lead1.
    I'm DYING to crank a fucking amp ...

honestly, even when i try to crank my Egnater, it doesn't sound so hot ...
    a. because the tubes are so damn old
    b. because it is so loud i get vibrations off of the walls and shit.
    ugly noises...

this 1watter is gonna be fun!

ha ha, I have this problem too. I was helping my friends guitar player dial in his AC30 CC for recording, but it was in this like 10x12 room with wood floors and walls, I was going, uh, yeah, part of the problem is you bought an amp that's WAY WAY too loud for the application everytime I got it to operating range he says, wow that sounds good but it's too loud. I said....yeah I agree. Why did you buy this amp? He says because david gilmore and Billy Corgan have used them and I wanted to sound like that....

Oh well, Hopefully the Bumbox is as ill as it sounds on the clips. Good luck on the BBOD.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Oh well, Hopefully the Bumbox is as ill as it sounds on the clips. Good luck on the BBOD.

nice story Pac, it sounds about like my situation.
    I'm now forced to wonder, "what the fuck was i thinking, buying a HUNDRED WATT amp!" ... lol.
    I know, i did it because it had an attenuator knob all the way down to 10watts.

But knowing now what i should have known then, even 10watts is too much.
    Although, i'm not sure that 2 or 3 years ago there were even any viable 1W options.

This is a very recent phenomenon, yes?

I'm sure the Lead1 will not dissapoint.
    i'd just like to know what effects were used with it on those clips at the bottom of the page, or if they were taken from a recording post-preduction (ie. studio effects) ... those last set sound WAY to "done up" to be dry signal... i'd just like to know what is being used ... reverb\delay & ?
    hmm. i'd really like to nail that near-screetching feedback laden sonic-rapture enducing Neil Young Live Rust era guitar sound!
    All I know about the Lead1 is that I placed my order 1 week ago and it was a 3 week wait. Today a couple buddies placed orders and it is an 8 week wait.

I think Nate is going to have to hire some helpers ;) This one is a keeper.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    All I know about the Lead1 is that I placed my order 1 week ago and it was a 3 week wait. Today a couple buddies placed orders and it is an 8 week wait.

I think Nate is going to have to hire some helpers ;) This one is a keeper.

It was something like 4 to 6 weeks when I sent my deposit in,
    which was ... uh ... letterman ... uh ... Thursday!

Yeah ...
    like i said earlier ... this will be $800 with a 2 year wait in a month.

and as long as those "helpers" don't muddy up the production before i get MINE.
    lol.
  • JofZ wrote:
    anything?

you know i can't stop asking.
    anything?

you know i can't stop asking.

I will hopefully have one by or at Tonefest!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    I will hopefully have one by or at Tonefest!

Hey J ...
    I wonder what your progress is on that, because ...

LOOK WHAT I JUST GOT IN MY EMAIL ! ! !
    Friday, May 26, 2006

Dear Nick
    you got the last BBOD in the USA

Your Order # 30XXX was proccessed and shipped out today. Your tracking info
    should be fowarded to you directly from UPS and you may track it at http://www.ups.com

DUDE I'M PSYCHED ! ! !
    :D:D:D

Thanks J, for all your help ...
    if you do come through on that BBOD ... i'm sure you can hock it at tonefest for mega bucks ... and let me know what show i can buy you a beer at, man!

:D:D:D
  • my buddy and i laid down a track a piece this past sunday ...

recorded with a gretch (his favorite) and an LP (My fav) run through Saffron Yellow > Shannon PHaser > Baby Blue > BumBox Lead 1 > Mesa Boogie Black Shadow ...

both tracks sound fucking phenomenal ...
    my buddy ran his track dry except the BBOD ...
    i used just a smidge of SYT and the Shannon with the BBOD cranked mid vol mid drive very little treble ... flying V for the amp ...

IT KICKS ASS ... the tone i mean ... the tracks are bloody half decent but when i listen to the tone i got, i almost cream ...

wow!
  • The Baby Blue is the pedal I want, I found one on ebay but it was going pretty high considering its not made anymore
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • The Baby Blue is the pedal I want, I found one on ebay but it was going pretty high considering its not made anymore

well ... considering they were original list for $290 or so ... :(

i feel for you man ... look at this thread and you'll see i pulled strings-o-plenty to get mine ... in fact, my receipt came scrawled with the note "Last One!" on it!

i can tell you this much ... it is WORTH IT ... once you get it ... you'll wonder how you lived with out it ... my TS9 sits rusting most of the time ... unless i for somereason want that extra bit of crazy crunch and squeale...

good luck on your quest!
    if i die, i'll bequeath it to you.