Options

my Overdrive Pedal is done. Have a look!

2»

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Being broke sucks...

After tax returns come in... maybe then!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    oh man, i can't wait for my tax return!
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    Tax returns are evil... they make me buy toys I can't afford.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    Extended bass range in the mid hump
    Internal switch for selecting between symmetrical or asymmetrical clipping. Symmetrical gives you original 808, while asymmetrical adds a diode to one side which increases the overall volume and gives you less compression and more even order harmonics.

I use single-channel tube amps but I already have the following dirt-boxes:

- Boss SD-1
    - Danelectro Daddy-O
    - Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
    - Marshall Guv'nor (original UK version)

Although I'm not in the market for a new pedal right now but I've been searching for something that has the grain of my SD-1 but with alot more bass response. I'll definitely contact you when I'm ready to pick something up.
    www.PintoMusic.com
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    Originally posted by PintoMusic
    I use single-channel tube amps but I already have the following dirt-boxes:

- Boss SD-1
    - Danelectro Daddy-O
    - Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
    - Marshall Guv'nor (original UK version)

Although I'm not in the market for a new pedal right now but I've been searching for something that has the grain of my SD-1 but with alot more bass response. I'll definitely contact you when I'm ready to pick something up.

well, my pedal is essentially an SD-1 and a TS808 in one. The SD-1 is a clone of the TS9 with a few different component values. It has more gain than the TS9 and has an extra diode in the clipping section. The internal switch in my pedal adds in this diode and can give you the asymmetrical clipping of the SD-1 or the symmetrical clipping in the TS808.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Beautiful. Nothing like opening up the case and having those awesome Metal Film resistors staring back at you. Very very nice.

well built, strong hammond case.

looks very nice, Have you tried any different op amps?

I use that setting you have it on quite a bit on my Direct Drive actually.

The opposing clipping option is nice so you can achieve a smoother or gritter tone depening on what you are looking for in the song.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    http://www.barberelectronics.com/Tweaks%20page.htm

this is what I own now. You might check out the tweaks page it has some cool stuff you can play around with on your's too.

I would be really picky about the board mounted jacks but everyone including Roger Mayer are doing that now. I prefer switchcraft but I'm not evil on my pedals so there's not to much of a problem with breakage. Like you said electrons don't care and it's a hell of a lot simpler to build. I like the relative simplicity and the clean build of yours. You can never have enough boosts or overdrives.

Some kind of Compressor or Double Clean Boost would be cool for you to build next.

Or a Rangemaster type germanium diode driven pedal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Beautiful. Nothing like opening up the case and having those awesome Metal Film resistors staring back at you. Very very nice.

well built, strong hammond case.

looks very nice, Have you tried any different op amps?

I use that setting you have it on quite a bit on my Direct Drive actually.

The opposing clipping option is nice so you can achieve a smoother or gritter tone depening on what you are looking for in the song.

Hey Paco, I'm going to be the guinea pig:D

I got your email, telesonic. Let's do it!
    Ohboy ohboy ohboy ohboy!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Hey Paco, I'm going to be the guinea pig:D

I got your email, telesonic. Let's do it!
    Ohboy ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Cool. Flog it mercilessly. I want to hear SRV riffs at my house. :)
  • Options
    Cool. Flog it mercilessly. I want to hear SRV riffs at my house. :)

I flogged my brother's Marshall last night for Five-Against-One, to figure out Alive for her! I'm storing it at my house for a week or 2.
    Fun! The neighbors are aware that I'm back now!:D
    Be kind, man
    I flogged my brother's Marshall last night for Five-Against-One, to figure out Alive for her! I'm storing it at my house for a week or 2.
    Fun! The neighbors are aware that I'm back now!:D

Oh man I used to love jamming with my buddies from guitar center. My best friend from there was a huge George Lynch/John Petrucci fan and our other buddy was about the biggest Kiss fan you'll ever meet go figure but they had amazing JCM 800 rigs. Sounded great but man without any attenuation you're ears will bleed.

Kevn Kinney from Drivin N Cryin, has about the loudest Marshall rig I've ever heard in a small club, I'm thinking it was a 100 watter from the early 70's. I was right next to it, talk about bleeding ears.
  • Options
    Damn it, would this thread just go away! I WANT ONE!!!
  • Options
    http://www.barberelectronics.com/Tweaks%20page.htm

this is what I own now. You might check out the tweaks page it has some cool stuff you can play around with on your's too.

thats interesting. stacking opamps? kinda weird. and as i viewed those pictures, i was somewhat horrified by the soldering. i'm really anal when it comes to soldering though. i like everything to be really neat and clean.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    thats interesting. stacking opamps? kinda weird. and as i viewed those pictures, i was somewhat horrified by the soldering. i'm really anal when it comes to soldering though. i like everything to be really neat and clean.

Yeah, it's ugly isn't it. I think Dave was just taking quick picks and not worring about clenliness.

Mine is nice and clean on the inside. Attention to detail goes a long way especially with soldier joints.

I'm intrigued with the double IC, I'm wondering what it really does. I'm thinking it probably adds a bit more gain.

I don't know if you are familiar with the Way Huge Red Llama or Foot Pig, but I'd love to have a clone of one of those things.

I got my direct drive for $99 + tax and shipping around $112

Just looking at what you have inside I know exactly what it will sound like and I know it's good. You'll sell them if you can market them or get buzz behind them. I'd send one to the Gear guy at Guitar World or at least e-mail him. If you can get it in that buzz bin and sell it at a reasonable price people will buy it.

The symmetric/asymetric thing is a big deal changing the voicing it's cool to have that switch especially in a completely custom pedal, the only other builder I know doing that is Analog Mike and he's doing it as a mod job in the SD-1, I prefer to have something completely custom like yours.

Good luck, if we can help you in anyway let us know.
  • Options
    I got my direct drive for $99 + tax and shipping around $112

Just looking at what you have inside I know exactly what it will sound like and I know it's good. You'll sell them if you can market them or get buzz behind them. I'd send one to the Gear guy at Guitar World or at least e-mail him. If you can get it in that buzz bin and sell it at a reasonable price people will buy it.

Pricing and marketing are definitely my biggest issues right now. For as high quality as this thing is, I want to keep the price down. Hell, I'd sell this thing for $100 if I had a high enough volume going out and could make a living building pedals. I'd like to claim that I have the highest quality effects pedals at a truely affordable price.

But until i get some buzz behind this thing, no matter what I can say about it, people will be skeptical. if the price is a little higher, they won't take the chance. yet if it is priced lower, they might think it can't be a good as I claim. But then again, people will give it a shot and from there it will sell itself. I had orignally thought of pricing it at $135, but that may be just slightly on the high side. I think I might go with a price of $120. That may make people really consider my product as opposed to spending a hell of alot more through the big guys of the boutique pedal world.

In terms of my marketing, I'm going to get a website up in the next few weeks. I'll definitely need to get some sound clips up, so hopefully you guys could help out with that. I'll also put some up on ebay. Getting one to the gear guy at guitar world is a great idea. Maybe once I have a few out there, I'll get in touch with him.
  • Options
    Don't sell yourself short. The reason so called boutique pedals cost more is that more care is put into them and they sound better and more loving care is put into them. You get what you pay for!

Paco's idea is cool. Try Guitar Center. Harmony Central is becoming a standard anymore, too. I don't know how to put a brand name up there, but I'll review the pedal there. (After rigorous noisy testing. ( I'll have my neighbors review it too!:))They'll say ,"it made our coffee cups rattle"

Maybe make up a few effects and take them to one of those big guitar shows, too. In a big city, you'll have a bunch of people walking around with money in their pockets. Have a set up that people can play, or if you know a guitarist, have her or him hang out for the day. Sometimes you can partner up with someone else that has a booth so it doesn't cost so much.

By the way,,,,, I sent your check this morning!:D

And by the way,,,, I've just been going through my pedals and amps and stuff,,, I don't have my mxr phase any more. Lost , stolen, borrowed, but,,,gone.
    Hmmm

If anyone wants to make one, I could use one. :)
    Be kind, man

It looks like you did a good job with it.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Make a Flanger and I'll buy it.

Um, yeah I don't know very much about pedals, so...

That is all. :)
    PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
    Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
    Don't get behind I can't fall back.
    Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
    They don't want no change. We already have.
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I have a ts9 and a dod corrosion, but hell...everybody needs three distortion pedals nowadays.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com