my effects pedal business is going

2»

Comments

• TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    Originally posted by alowishis
    hey telesonic i have a question for you. i don't mean to bother you but you sound like someone who could help me. i have a mxr phase 90. i did the r28 mod to it and it worked fine for a while. now it is haveing a problem where it just starts crackling and poping. the effect goes away and there is no guitar sound just crackling and static. adjusting the knob doesn't affect it at all. sometimes it does it for a few minutes and then quits and works fine. any ideas of whats wrong. any help will be appreciated. also i live near indy and may have to come by meridian and check out your pedals. they sound very interesting.

probably doesn't have to do anything with the R28 mod since that just takes a resistor out of circuit. so the phase effect is completely gone when its crackling and popping? may have something to do with the output. what are you near indy? i could probably fix it for you.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    You and exhausted have the same drive to want to build better pedals. Ex is in Canada and your in the States why not talk to each other and see where you both are with these ideals and maybe get something started. Paco would make and excellent vp of sales. Mig would be an excellent vp of quality control with his sound engineering background. Anyone other than me see a company here.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • alowishisalowishis Posts: 16
    i live in a little town called cayuga on the illinois state line. i come through indy about once a week for my job, i deliver stuff there. i go to the music center a lot but i have never been to the store on meridian. but with the pedal when it screws up there is no sound from the guitar getting through and there is no effect just bad noise. i love this pedal and i don't want to but another one just like it. i would rather put that money towards a different pedal. but i have to have the phaser. how much would it cost for you to fix it? i talked to the dunlop people snd they said 50 to fix it. but i could buy a new one for 69 on the net. if it wouldn't be worth it for you to fix i understand i might be better off just to buy a new one. a guy i work with thought it might be one of the chips. he did some analysis on it at work and changed the chip and it worked fine for a day or two but now it's back to the same old problem. with the way it comes and goes i don't know if the chip was the problem or not. it's all greek to me. thanks for the reply.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by puremagic
    You and exhausted have the same drive to want to build better pedals. Ex is in Canada and your in the States why not talk to each other and see where you both are with these ideals and maybe get something started. Paco would make and excellent vp of sales. Mig would be an excellent vp of quality control with his sound engineering background. Anyone other than me see a company here.

i'd love to but i'm even too busy to do my dumb little switch boxes. i barely get a half an hour a day to play lately let alone tinker.

sure would be fun though.

Agreed. With the collective knowledge and talent on here, we could form a badass company. It just sucks we all live far from each other. I want to make this my living so bad, and it would be awesome to bring other people along that have the same passion. I’m determined to make this happen, cuz my regular engineering job just doesn’t cut it. I really want to partner with some people in this because it’s tough to try to do everything yourself. It’s taken me almost a year to fully develop my overdrive pedal. Working full-time slows you down a bit. But now that I’ve laid the groundwork, I’m ready to spit out like 6 or 7 different designs. But of course, marketing and establishing a name are the keys to being a success. I can only do one thing at time right now though, and that’s where I need other people. I’m very close to getting a small business loan and a relative is going handle the accounting work.

Seriously though, if any of you would be willing to come to Indianapolis, I’m convinced we could make this happen. I’ve made some good connections around here for running a business. Indy is not bad at all either. The 11th biggest city in the US. It’s clean and the cost of living is pretty low. Finding a decent job for the time being wouldn’t be too tough. The job market has been pretty good around here. Well, I know it may sound ridiculous and it wouldn’t be any easy thing to up and move, but my plan is to make this thing BIG.

As one of my favorite actors once said in one of my favorite movies, “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Originally posted by alowishis
    i live in a little town called cayuga on the illinois state line. i come through indy about once a week for my job, i deliver stuff there. i go to the music center a lot but i have never been to the store on meridian. but with the pedal when it screws up there is no sound from the guitar getting through and there is no effect just bad noise. i love this pedal and i don't want to but another one just like it. i would rather put that money towards a different pedal. but i have to have the phaser. how much would it cost for you to fix it? i talked to the dunlop people snd they said 50 to fix it. but i could buy a new one for 69 on the net. if it wouldn't be worth it for you to fix i understand i might be better off just to buy a new one. a guy i work with thought it might be one of the chips. he did some analysis on it at work and changed the chip and it worked fine for a day or two but now it's back to the same old problem. with the way it comes and goes i don't know if the chip was the problem or not. it's all greek to me. thanks for the reply.

i can give you my phone#, and you can get a hold of me when you're coming through town. you could drop it off so i can take a look at it. i'd only charge you like 20 bucks if i can fix it. then you can just pick it up later.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395

I'll share Quality Control with Bob, if he's up to the task... just ship us both a demo version, and we'll put it through the paces. I'll sit here with my audiophile set-up and talk about transient response, Bob'll just spill beer on it and see if it still cranks!

I can do soundclips, too...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I'll share Quality Control with Bob, if he's up to the task... just ship us both a demo version, and we'll put it through the paces. I'll sit here with my audiophile set-up and talk about transient response, Bob'll just spill beer on it and see if it still cranks!

I can do soundclips, too...

MIG, You know me all too well! I'm all over that.

I'm not bonding with the soundclip thing yet, though.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart