Options

couple questions (amps & sound)

2»

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I just ran into one of the OLD Mesa 4x12" cabs at a pawn shop today... two open-back, two closed-back Black Shadows. $500... not bad... but not for me. They're great cabinets and great speakers, though.

Glad you got something that fit your style, JofZ! Have fun!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Thanks again!
    I am far from worthy, but all I think about now is playing. Goin home early today :)
    The guitar center salesman said he used the same amp on stage as a head. I am fairly certain I will never need to upgrade.
    I am serious if you 2 ever need a favor just ask.
    Not sure if you are into punk, but I have access to the new Descendants demo. I also have a farily large collection of PJ, many 2K and 03 tour dates, just let me know.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by JofZ
    Thanks again!
    I am far from worthy, but all I think about now is playing. Goin home early today :)
    The guitar center salesman said he used the same amp on stage as a head. I am fairly certain I will never need to upgrade.
    Not sure if you are into punk, but I have access to the new Descendants demo. I also have a farily large collection of PJ, many 2K and 03 tour dates, just let me know.

I like the decendants. But it's cool. I used to sling guitars for Guitar Center. If this job starts to suck I'll consider going back. 6 days a week yeah and the money sucks but it's damn good fun.

That amp is the working mans tube amp. Modelling we don't need no stinking modelling. Mesa's will produce nearly any tone you want if you got time to tweak it. I'm just glad you're happy. That makes me happy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Thanks again!

Just promise you'll never play Sum-41, blink-182, or Good Charlotte riffs on that amp. It's all I ask.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I like the decendants. But it's cool. I used to sling guitars for Guitar Center. If this job starts to suck I'll consider going back. 6 days a week yeah and the money sucks but it's damn good fun.

That amp is the working mans tube amp. Modelling we don't need no stinking modelling. Mesa's will produce nearly any tone you want if you got time to tweak it. I'm just glad you're happy. That makes me happy.

You should just start charging us :)
    All the guitar center guys seem to be really willing to help, not just sell. The salesman said the exact same thing, its a working mans amp. I'll probably have some more questions for you once I get familiar with it :)
    You might take me up on my offer.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Just promise you'll never play Sum-41, blink-182, or Good Charlotte riffs on that amp. It's all I ask.
    Aw man, those aren't bands they are good humor.
    I swear on my life 2 things:
    None of those bands will ever be played by me, and none of those bands will ever get playing time in my house, car, freinds house or car.
    I can't beleive people consider Blink good music, what is wrong with people?
    I just noticed you live in Montana. Are you a Fly Fisherman as well?
    That's my second love. My college roomate is a guide in Missoula and I go see him every summer. Maybe I can re-pay ya :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Options
    I just noticed you live in Montana. Are you a Fly Fisherman as well?
    That's my second love. My college roomate is a guide in Missoula and I go see him every summer. Maybe I can re-pay ya :)

No, I'm a Jeff Ament, Jr... pissed I was born here, instead of near a city, all arty, wanting to get the piss outta here... but yet, still, sort of attached to the place. We arty Montana boys have this love-hate relationship with our state...

I used to go fishing a lot with my grandpa, especially ice-fishing... but not since I've been at college. I hunted deer for a couple years... shot one, and figured that was something I didn't have to do again. I love snowmobiling, ATV's, and trail-riding motorcycles... used to ski a lot, but it's gotten expensive, and again, college. I have a feeling I'll go live in a city somewhere for like 15 years, and move back... or maybe when kids come along... I dunno.

Glad you've been out here, though... always nice to see people appreciate this place...
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    No, I'm a Jeff Ament, Jr... pissed I was born here, instead of near a city, all arty, wanting to get the piss outta here... but yet, still, sort of attached to the place. We arty Montana boys have this love-hate relationship with our state...

I used to go fishing a lot with my grandpa, especially ice-fishing... but not since I've been at college. I hunted deer for a couple years... shot one, and figured that was something I didn't have to do again. I love snowmobiling, ATV's, and trail-riding motorcycles... used to ski a lot, but it's gotten expensive, and again, college. I have a feeling I'll go live in a city somewhere for like 15 years, and move back... or maybe when kids come along... I dunno.

Glad you've been out here, though... always nice to see people appreciate this place...

Its a great place is you can entertain yourself :)
    With all the califruitloops moving into Colorado, Montana looks like heaven now.
    You have the best fishing in the country IMO.
    Enjoy the relaxation, urban life ain't what it's cracked up to be.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?