Give me one good reason not to bid!

2»

Comments

• MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    JofZ wrote:
    Go drive a new vette, it outhandles my M3. It outhandles my old 996 porche and makes the 540 look like a joke on wheels. The Z06 will kill the Pcar TT in every way, shape and form, straight, turns, up side down it wont matter. These aren't 60's muscle cars any more.
    The S7 is priced too high to keep it under 100K, it is a better comparison for the Ferrari, and I would buy the Italian any day for that kind of cash.
    Its not a question of who makes a better the car, the Euro cars are always better. But, you can finally say the Americans have created a killer car for under 100K that will kill the competition. I can't remember the last car the Yanks built that I would be proud to drive. I know I wasn't born yet thats for sure!

The Z06 is good, I dont know if it outhandles the E46 M3, well on a tight bend yea it grips better but on avg it doesnt handle better,

The 996 honestly was over priced, its a joke to dirve..the 997 is a class above, its what the 996 wished it could be.

Cant wait for the 997 Turbo,

New BMW M6 is gonna be a killer, that should out handle most cars, including the 360,
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    MrBrian wrote:
    The Z06 is good, I dont know if it outhandles the E46 M3, well on a tight bend yea it grips better but on avg it doesnt handle better,

The 996 honestly was over priced, its a joke to dirve..the 997 is a class above, its what the 996 wished it could be.

Cant wait for the 997 Turbo,

New BMW M6 is gonna be a killer, that should out handle most cars, including the 360,

The 996 TT is one of the best handling cars on the road. My M3 is not even a challenge for a stock one, much less one with any suspension work.
    The 997 isn't going to cut it, not enough of a pump in HP or suspension, the interior is a huge step back IMO.
    The ZO6 for the money is the best car, and too bad you can't get them till September!
    I have 2 deposits down, one silver, one grey. I would drive it in pink.
    I have never cared to own an American car until now and it is going to clean the clocks of the Germans.
    You muct be kiding about the M6, it is one of the ugliest cars ever made. The Quandts should look for a day job!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    JofZ wrote:
    You muct be kiding about the M6, it is one of the ugliest cars ever made. The Quandts should look for a day job!

I think the M6 is the only new BMW to wear the new face with style. I like it.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I think the M6 is the only new BMW to wear the new face with style. I like it.

I think it looks like a pontiac, I am really disapointed with all the new bimmers. They are going to be in really deep shit soon enough.
    Take a look at sale numbers for the last 2 years, the only things selling are X3's and mini's. Not good at all for a company that made a major impact on the auto industry with the 5 Series for 3 decades, the 7 for 2 decades and the 3 series which has been the number 1 car for BMW since its intro. They are a lame horse waiting to be shot.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    I think it looks like a pontiac, I am really disapointed with all the new bimmers. They are going to be in really deep shit soon enough.
    Take a look at sale numbers for the last 2 years, the only things selling are X3's and mini's. Not good at all for a company that made a major impact on the auto industry with the 5 Series for 3 decades, the 7 for 2 decades and the 3 series which has been the number 1 car for BMW since its intro. They are a lame horse waiting to be shot.

I generally agree that the new designs really don't live up to the last few years prior, but I still think the M6 looks fuckin' hot.

We'll see how long they ride this horse. If sales really do start falling, they'll re-invent.

I'm personally more annoyed with the iDrive system than the new cosmetics.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I generally agree that the new designs really don't live up to the last few years prior, but I still think the M6 looks fuckin' hot.

We'll see how long they ride this horse. If sales really do start falling, they'll re-invent.

I'm personally more annoyed with the iDrive system than the new cosmetics.

I thought you were going for one of the "executive" vipers?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I thought you were going for one of the "executive" vipers?

You mean the Chrysler Firepower?

Neh.

I've been eyeballin' a Pontiac LeMans recently... I want a classic...
    You mean the Chrysler Firepower?

Neh.

I've been eyeballin' a Pontiac LeMans recently... I want a classic...

Why not a 70's cutlass with 25 inch dubs? :D

I want on of those new little Lotus's. Good gas mileage, tons of fun to drive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I want on of those new little Lotus's. Good gas mileage, tons of fun to drive.

Basically an exotic S2000. Not bad, but maybe a bit gimmick-y.

I really want a late 60's-early 70's American V-8 rear-drive. GTO, Le Mans, Chevelle, Nova, Camino, Mustang, Cutlass, 442, etc.

But not a pimp-mobile. Think "Dazed and Confused."
    Basically an exotic S2000. Not bad, but maybe a bit gimmick-y.

I really want a late 60's-early 70's American V-8 rear-drive. GTO, Le Mans, Chevelle, Nova, Camino, Mustang, Cutlass, 442, etc.

But not a pimp-mobile. Think "Dazed and Confused."

oh definately, my co-worker has a perfect 69 GTO in Baby Blue.

I think you'd do well with a fastback Boss 429 or a roadrunner.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    oh definately, my co-worker has a perfect 69 GTO in Baby Blue.

I think you'd do well with a fastback Boss 429 or a roadrunner.

I'd take the Boss, but I'm not really a Mopar guy. Maybe a '68 Charger, that's about it.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    my folks just bought a 545i apparently.

i personally want a smart fortwo.:p
    Stopped and looked at a '71 Monte Carlo tonight... 402 cid, auto tranny, straight body, but needs the front bumper re-chromed and a new vinyl top and new upholstry. The motor looks good, pretty stock, aftermarket exhaust. 2 barrel carb (on a big block?!?). Wow. I want one.

Sure, it's a boat and gets bad mileage... but a big-block American V-8 and rear-wheel drive are guilty pleasures of mine.

Thoughts?