Give me one good reason not to bid!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's big enough to live in. which might be a good thing.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    well how about
    US $1,825.00
    (Reserve not met)
    No? Then go for it. ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ooooh, excalibur. shipping would be frightening, but other than that and the fact that is should go for around $2,200. One of the best amps of all time.....
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    you know i don't think there is a good reason not to bid...........unless you don't have the cash
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Not my taste in an amp.....but nice, go for it if you have the dough
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • I have no good reason for you to NOT bid on this -> it's sah-weeeeet!
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Sorry, I forgot all about this link.

http://www.elderly.com/brand/130U_FENDER.html
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Sold for $2,800 almost 29 including shipping.

more than I thought, but for a collector that's a good one I think, it's one of those amps you always hope to find under a cover in the back of a studio or in someones garage sale listed at 50 bucks.

I play lots of blues and it's one of my personal all time faves.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Pacomc79 wrote:

more than I thought, but for a collector that's a good one I think, it's one of those amps you always hope to find under a cover in the back of a studio or in someones garage sale listed at 50 bucks.

Do you ever go for the Mississippi delta blues or just stay more modern?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:
    Do you ever go for the Mississippi delta blues or just stay more modern?

lately I've been on a DADGAD and Open E kick on my Acoustic and I'm attempting to teach my self slide.

I'm really needing a Dobro and I've been shopping them for a while. I think I'm going to go with a Regal or an Eastwood because cheap is the way to go when you're playing delta blues right? I found a shop the otherday selling old steelbody nationals that were cool but expensive

I love the old Stella archtops too but they are hard to find. Electric wise an ES-125 is just heaven with a little P-90.

I guess mostly I play modern stuff but I definately pay respect to the Robert Johnson's of the world. I even like bluegrass.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:

This is on par for what it is, it could have fetched 2800 easily at a dealer. I contacterd a couple dealers and I would be much more comfortable dealing with a known vintage dealer.

The time is coming, I'll dump the f30 and pick up a vintage super reverb with known specs and a dealer who'll stand behind the purchase.

I did just pick up the pic wah from teese and 2 lovepedals the Cot50 and Eternity. I haven't gotten seans pedals yet, but I can't wait every tone I want is there.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    This is on par for what it is, it could have fetched 2800 easily at a dealer. I contacterd a couple dealers and I would be much more comfortable dealing with a known vintage dealer.

The time is coming, I'll dump the f30 and pick up a vintage super reverb with known specs and a dealer who'll stand behind the purchase.

I did just pick up the pic wah from teese and 2 lovepedals the Cot50 and Eternity. I haven't gotten seans pedals yet, but I can't wait every tone I want is there.

nice. the beauty behind those is they are meant to be played not decorate the shelf. beautiful clean clear tone and smooth full on rock tone when overdriven.

so what of the pic wah? is it as advertised?

my next purchase is the strat and then a CC2. After that likely a Fuzz Factory and some kind of tremolo.

What you driving now anyway?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice. the beauty behind those is they are meant to be played not decorate the shelf. beautiful clean clear tone and smooth full on rock tone when overdriven.

so what of the pic wah? is it as advertised?

my next purchase is the strat and then a CC2. After that likely a Fuzz Factory and some kind of tremolo.

What you driving now anyway?

The Pic Wah is everything you have read and more, simply put it has the most amazing vintage wah tone I have ever heard. It sounds so good you can't take your foot off it. I really can't say anything that hasn't been said by everyone else, its my number one pedal right now for sure.
    I might be dumping my FF, Sean at Lovepedal is making me a fuzz box. Shoot me an email jzdinan540i@aol.com if you want it. Mine is 1 or 2 made, orange and sparkles. I can shhot some pics for you.

As for the trem, I am sold on the Demeter. It is small, sounds great and is small :)
    The swampthang is great just way too freaking huge.
    I am driving an 04 M3, just put a deposit on a new Z06, I can't wait.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    The Pic Wah is everything you have read and more, simply put it has the most amazing vintage wah tone I have ever heard. It sounds so good you can't take your foot off it. I really can't say anything that hasn't been said by everyone else, its my number one pedal right now for sure.
    I might be dumping my FF, Sean at Lovepedal is making me a fuzz box. Shoot me an email jzdinan540i@aol.com if you want it. Mine is 1 or 2 made, orange and sparkles. I can shhot some pics for you.

As for the trem, I am sold on the Demeter. It is small, sounds great and is small :)
    The swampthang is great just way too freaking huge.
    I am driving an 04 M3, just put a deposit on a new Z06, I can't wait.

Oh dear lord....... *with the look of Mavrick's CO* 500 horsepower to begin with in a *cough* "small block inspired" 427????!!! Not a rat motor, a mighty mouse.

God help us. Drive by the Ferrari and Porsche dealerships and honk your horn.

That car is amazing. I'd get 15 speeding tickets before it left the lot.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Oh dear lord....... *with the look of Mavrick's CO* 500 horsepower to begin with in a *cough* "small block inspired" 427????!!! Not a rat motor, a mighty mouse.

God help us. Drive by the Ferrari and Porsche dealerships and honk your horn.

That car is amazing. I'd get 15 speeding tickets before it left the lot.

Eh, it's still no RUF Turbo.

What about the new SRT-10 Chrysler coupe? A Viper with class:

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/12212004151233.jpg
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Eh, it's still no RUF Turbo.

What about the new SRT-10 Chrysler coupe? A Viper with class:

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/12212004151233.jpg

I have been dumb enough to purchase some really great cars over the years. Nothing is going to compete with the new ZO6 dollar for dollar ever!
    The Germans, whom I love and support are fucked. The new Porsche TT is 50hp behind and is twice as much. The Americans got their shit together, I guess it only happens every 3 decades, so we should enjoy it while it lasts. The Ford GT, and Mustang are amazing, the Vette, the new Dodge Charger, and your fav the Viper have shown you can own a sub 4 sec car for under 100K (minus the GT).

I have driven every car under the sun and the new vette is on par with them all, even the 360 Ferrari. The ZO6 will pounce them all, and if it can't keep up a quick trip to INdy and Lingenfelter Performance will make me the champ once again and I will still be under 100K.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    I have been dumb enough to purchase some really great cars over the years. Nothing is going to compete with the new ZO6 dollar for dollar ever!
    The Germans, whom I love and support are fucked. The new Porsche TT is 50hp behind and is twice as much. The Americans got their shit together, I guess it only happens every 3 decades, so we should enjoy it while it lasts. The Ford GT, and Mustang are amazing, the Vette, the new Dodge Charger, and your fav the Viper have shown you can own a sub 4 sec car for under 100K (minus the GT).

I have driven every car under the sun and the new vette is on par with them all, even the 360 Ferrari. The ZO6 will pounce them all, and if it can't keep up a quick trip to INdy and Lingenfelter Performance will make me the champ once again and I will still be under 100K.

On straight performance, I'd agree, but the Germans have one big plus over their American counterparts: Refinement. The Z06 is a great technological achievement, but a BMW will serve decent performance while giving you a much better cockpit, driver response, and comfort. The Viper is a beast, and performs well, but it's not the kind of car you want for everyday, year-round driving. The M3 is really a much better vehicle for those who need a fast, comfortable, reliable, and appropriate car.

The other big thing about the Germans versus the Americans is stability. The new American supercars (and the Mustang and Corvette) have amazing straight-line performance, but ultimately a Porsche has better balance and holy-grail steering. Also, I'm a much bigger fan of BMW's in-line engines and Porsche's boxer motors than the American pushrod V-8 (or V-10).

I'd leave the new Dodge Charger out of this discussion... it just doesn't live up to the namesake. Chop two doors off and re-style it (looks like a massaged Dodge Magnum/Chrysler 300). It's about as sporty as the new GTO. Still, if you want a sedan with rear-wheel drive and some kick, it's not bad... maybe keep the car, just find a more appropriate name. A Charger is a muscle-car coupe, not a mid-life-crisis daddymobile.

And as far as it goes, the new Ferarri F-430 has a great deal of potential to kick serious ass. Damn near Enzo performance for a fraction of the price.

One more thing: you forgot the Saleen S7, which deserves at least an honorable mention for American cars with potential.
    On straight performance, I'd agree, but the Germans have one big plus over their American counterparts: Refinement. The Z06 is a great technological achievement, but a BMW will serve decent performance while giving you a much better cockpit, driver response, and comfort. The Viper is a beast, and performs well, but it's not the kind of car you want for everyday, year-round driving. The M3 is really a much better vehicle for those who need a fast, comfortable, reliable, and appropriate car.

The other big thing about the Germans versus the Americans is stability. The new American supercars (and the Mustang and Corvette) have amazing straight-line performance, but ultimately a Porsche has better balance and holy-grail steering. Also, I'm a much bigger fan of BMW's in-line engines and Porsche's boxer motors than the American pushrod V-8 (or V-10).

I'd leave the new Dodge Charger out of this discussion... it just doesn't live up to the namesake. Chop two doors off and re-style it (looks like a massaged Dodge Magnum/Chrysler 300). It's about as sporty as the new GTO. Still, if you want a sedan with rear-wheel drive and some kick, it's not bad... maybe keep the car, just find a more appropriate name. A Charger is a muscle-car coupe, not a mid-life-crisis daddymobile.

And as far as it goes, the new Ferarri F-430 has a great deal of potential to kick serious ass. Damn near Enzo performance for a fraction of the price.

One more thing: you forgot the Saleen S7, which deserves at least an honorable mention for American cars with potential.

Go drive a new vette, it outhandles my M3. It outhandles my old 996 porche and makes the 540 look like a joke on wheels. The Z06 will kill the Pcar TT in every way, shape and form, straight, turns, up side down it wont matter. These aren't 60's muscle cars any more.
    The S7 is priced too high to keep it under 100K, it is a better comparison for the Ferrari, and I would buy the Italian any day for that kind of cash.
    Its not a question of who makes a better the car, the Euro cars are always better. But, you can finally say the Americans have created a killer car for under 100K that will kill the competition. I can't remember the last car the Yanks built that I would be proud to drive. I know I wasn't born yet thats for sure!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    Its not a question of who makes a better the car, the Euro cars are always better. But, you can finally say the Americans have created a killer car for under 100K that will kill the competition. I can't remember the last car the Yanks built that I would be proud to drive. I know I wasn't born yet thats for sure!

I'll drink to that.

(no dealer in his right mind would EVER let me test drive a new vette...)
    JofZ wrote:

from what I hear you can spend 30 grand and still be under 100K.

From what I've seen ol John do he can easily put you at around 2.8 0-60 and in the 10's if not lower at 140 in the quarter mile, the only thing I worry about there is being able to drive it anywhere but the track, Mr Lingenfelter ruins transmissions.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    from what I hear you can spend 30 grand and still be under 100K.

From what I've seen ol John do he can easily put you at around 2.8 0-60 and in the 10's if not lower at 140 in the quarter mile, the only thing I worry about there is being able to drive it anywhere but the track, Mr Lingenfelter ruins transmissions.

FOr 25K you'll have twin turbos and 800 hp if not more, and you wont hook up until 3rd :)
    I am not sure if you know this or not, but John died last year after a year in a coma. HIs family took him off life support. LPE is alive and well.
    His cars are pretty tame on the street, you can have your cake and eat it too! Then again with 800hp on tap It would be hard not to let her rip, thats why you hear about them breaking. Its just so much fun :)

MIG go test drive one, go on. Come back and tell me what you think.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    FOr 25K you'll have twin turbos and 800 hp if not more, and you wont hook up until 3rd :)
    I am not sure if you know this or not, but John died last year after a year in a coma. HIs family took him off life support. LPE is alive and well.
    His cars are pretty tame on the street, you can have your cake and eat it too! Then again with 800hp on tap It would be hard not to let her rip, thats why you hear about them breaking. Its just so much fun :)

Yes I read about that, very unfortunate. Z06 with twin (triple) turbos......BRILLIANT!

Brock Yates would be proud. So you're going to one lap and the Gumball eh?

800 HP, yeah it's pretty tame, it's only got the power of an entire lot worth of Jetta TDI's.
  • JofZ wrote:

Sorry to derail the conversation. (Well, I guess it DOES say Gearheads up there!) :D

Did you look in this sellers other sales? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38077&item=3775429634&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38074&item=3775683358&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Those are 2 of my favorites right there! :eek:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Did you look in this sellers other sales? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38077&item=3775429634&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38074&item=3775683358&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Those are 2 of my favorites right there! :eek:

WOW.... *drools*

that is the nicest AC30 I've ever seen. I can only imagine how good that fender Pro sounds.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    WOW.... *drools*

that is the nicest AC30 I've ever seen. I can only imagine how good that fender Pro sounds.

This guy has one hell of a collection.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:

I was sad to hear that John had died, but he lived more than most people could hope to...

I'd rather test-drive a new Mustang, for what it's worth.
    I was sad to hear that John had died, but he lived more than most people could hope to...

I'd rather test-drive a new Mustang, for what it's worth.
    New stang is hot, the new commercials are making every baby boomer alive want one. Wait for the SVT, its will be something worth owning. I might have some pics coming soon.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    New stang is hot, the new commercials are making every baby boomer alive want one. Wait for the SVT, its will be something worth owning. I might have some pics coming soon.

I might be in the market for an SVT or Cobra version in about 14 months. I do want to own another American V-8 rear-drive car before we're all driving AWD hybrids.

Wonder if they'll massage Carroll Shelby into treating it...
    I might be in the market for an SVT or Cobra version in about 14 months. I do want to own another American V-8 rear-drive car before we're all driving AWD hybrids.

Wonder if they'll massage Carroll Shelby into treating it...

I sat in one, I liked it very much, the order time was 19 weeks though for a new GT. For $18,000 I can get a used S2000 and it gets good gas mileage. Either one would probably kill me so I'm going the safe route and looking at motorcycles. For the same price as a new S2K I can get a spankin new Ducati.

For $86,000 you can get a New Old Stock Shelby GT 500. There are only about 20 left though.

I need a truck, but I desperately want something with a supercharger, I just love that sound.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I sat in one, I liked it very much, the order time was 19 weeks though for a new GT. For $18,000 I can get a used S2000 and it gets good gas mileage. Either one would probably kill me so I'm going the safe route and looking at motorcycles. For the same price as a new S2K I can get a spankin new Ducati.

For $86,000 you can get a New Old Stock Shelby GT 500. There are only about 20 left though.

I need a truck, but I desperately want something with a supercharger, I just love that sound.

You are a nut :)
    The Ducati would be fun though, just not very safe. I used to ride, not anymore.
    Best bargin out there is a 95 M3, pick one up for cheap 10-15K, add a supercharger for 4K and you'll have more fun then you can imagine. It will last about 50K miles, and for that kind of cash I would say thats pretty good.

I am really into the new updated "muscle cars". There are a couple shops making 60's cars with all updated electronics and technology. I'll dig up the info.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?