2»

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    picked up my new car last night. :D

and the russian muff arrived too. :D

polygamy is ok in Canada?

Ha ha. sorry bad joke.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    my mrs has supposedly got me a fender bender, a boss bd2 and a boss tr2 :)
    other than that i want equal rights for gay whales.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
    JofZ wrote:
    The AM SF was weak, which I liked for some stuff, but it just had no balls what so ever. BJ offered to take a look at it and since the box was a weird size and all I figured he could at least fix that. When he got it I think he was more then shocked at the low quality components and the lack of quality trannies. Did I get a bad one? I have no idea. I do know that I have an email from Mike that states the new batch of SF's mine being one of them have the best NKT's he has had in a while. So that leaves me wondering about all his stuff now. The CC had a vol. drop and some tone suck problems. Most of that was the circuit, not really Mike's build. BJ fixed that and made the leslie setting way more usable. That wobble sounded like crap IMO.
    The truth is most of these pedals have about 30 bucks in parts and a nice paint job. You gotta dig deeper to find the good stuff ;)
    Scotty from Pro Analog is one to keep an eye on. Sean has some great stuff, BJ, McBroom and Main. Those guys have everything I need or would ever want.

Right, it's very interesting. BJ and Mcbroom seem to have an affinity for BC108's. Much of the pedal thing is hype too. I'm sure the SF even if it was weak is at least 10 times better than the average FF. Fuzzes are so hard to get right and for BJ it's obviously a labor of love. I'm beginning to see consistancy in the pedals that are crowd favorites, many include those square yellow caps inside not sure what they are but they aren't film caps. The orange has been down for a month now, but I was listening to clips I did of the EGDM earlier and it's astounding how much is there, yeah BJ is hella expensive and I traded 3 good pedals for that one but wow does it do what it does amazingly well. I've really got to sell stuff so I can expand my board.

What have you heard if anything at all about that new Boss rotating sim?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Ha ha. sorry bad joke.

I was thinking of a similar joke in poor taste... something along the lines of:

"The mail order brides arrived early this month." :D
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Right, it's very interesting. BJ and Mcbroom seem to have an affinity for BC108's. Much of the pedal thing is hype too. I'm sure the SF even if it was weak is at least 10 times better than the average FF. Fuzzes are so hard to get right and for BJ it's obviously a labor of love. I'm beginning to see consistancy in the pedals that are crowd favorites, many include those square yellow caps inside not sure what they are but they aren't film caps. The orange has been down for a month now, but I was listening to clips I did of the EGDM earlier and it's astounding how much is there, yeah BJ is hella expensive and I traded 3 good pedals for that one but wow does it do what it does amazingly well. I've really got to sell stuff so I can expand my board.

What have you heard if anything at all about that new Boss rotating sim?

Yes fuzz boxes are tempermental beasts. Something I had not even thought about was the bias knob and the winter temps. I wonder if maybe the temps had something to do with the trannies? Oh well!
    I have not a clue what any of these guys have in the guts, most of them use the dumble goop and I don't pry, since these trade secrets always seem to get out and then the poop hits the fan. I know BJ has been working on this stuff for 20 years, so it just can't be a simple schematic he lifted and improved upon.
    As you said, they do what they do very well. I can't find anything wrong or dissapointing about BJ's line.
    I am selling off so much stuff that I have no use for now and I see others who have done the same and at the end of the day there is no reason to keep hunting if you are happy, or is there? :)
    I have read a few things on the Boss Sim. I know the boutique guys stayed away from the chorus and leslie stuff, but that is changing. BJ is working on one and I know of a couple others that will pop up after the new year. Pedals are trendy and only a few want a complete line.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    maybe I should start a new thread, but a thread you should reply to over on the gear page (PPF to Sybil) comparison sparked my interest as to what you think the difference is between the Sybil and the BJ modded SF.

It's going to be ridiculously hard to get the actual proper doppler effect down pat in a pedal I think. tremolo is not to bad, but that actual leslie sound very very hard to replicate.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    maybe I should start a new thread, but a thread you should reply to over on the gear page (PPF to Sybil) comparison sparked my interest as to what you think the difference is between the Sybil and the BJ modded SF.

It's going to be ridiculously hard to get the actual proper doppler effect down pat in a pedal I think. tremolo is not to bad, but that actual leslie sound very very hard to replicate.

I try and stay away from those heated GP 5 page threads LOL, it just pisses everyone off :)
    I don't have my BJ SF back yet, anyday now.

I thought the same thing about lush tones and vibes and phasers effect. That was until the MGMV and PPP got stacked. I get pretty close now to a leslie. It is its own tone, but one that doesn't sound like it is coming from a pedal.
    The MGMV is a very special pedal!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Pacomc79 wrote:

The Nord really does a great leslie effect with its software... It requires running things in stereo to really capture it, but it does a good job. now, taking that down to a pedal is tough... I agree.
    There's No Code.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Ha ha. sorry bad joke.

hey, even the russians are true bypass now. bonus.
  • brain of c wrote:
    me i want a hula hoop........

that made my day.... nothing like an Alvin and the Chipmunks song quote to cheer things up.

Oh, and boxers not briefs for me......hehe
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • nick1977nick1977 Posts: 327
    I want a mandolin. I really want to learn to play one of those things.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I want a book that tells me what half the fuckin stuff on this thread is..

MMFC --- BJ modded SF --- Sybil ---- AM SF was weak ---

I'm only a beginner... think I'll just go down the old Ed route and plug the geetah into an amp... this kinda talk scares the shit out of me!!!

will my knowledge of this stuff come eventually?? :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • kigcat wrote:
    my mrs has supposedly got me a fender bender, a boss bd2 and a boss tr2 :)
    other than that i want equal rights for gay whales.
    blender?

fender blender?

the flender?

i ordered one for myself a few weeks ago.. it was backordered until december first... so hopefully it will be in by tuesday :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I want a new capo
    Wave came crashing...
  • getting myself either 14" AAX Stage hats or 14" 2002 hats.

havent decided yet
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    I want a new capo

try out a Keyser capo... I bought one for my acoustic and it is really great. I am going to get another one for my electric to have two handy.

Really very nice.
    There's No Code.
  • House53 wrote:
    try out a Keyser capo... I bought one for my acoustic and it is really great. I am going to get another one for my electric to have two handy.

Really very nice.

Cool. Thanks for the tip.
    Wave came crashing...
  • House53 wrote:

Really very nice.

I love my Keyser capo
  • No one's ever gonna buy me this, so if anyone here is thinking about buying me a nice gift this Christmas...

http://muziek.2dehands.be/markt/muz_instr/akoestische-gitaar/11684855-vintage-guild-f47-l-r-baggs.html
  • I know what I DON'T want!

I don't want anything that's encased in thick plastic that you have to stab, then cut, then tear, then find some sort of pliers or other tool to extricate the item without destroying the item, then find the staples that fly off the cardboard backing, that you practically need stitches in your fingers after the razor sharp knives and cut plastic wrap have cut them while trying to get 5 picks out of a package that weighs five times as much as them! :mad:

Either that, or I would like to have a pony.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

i also asked for like 10 packs of batteries, lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I'm getting my first electric guitar for my Birthday/Christmas....lol. My b-day is December 20th, so I'm gonna go guitar shopping next weekend :D

I'm pretty sure about what I'll get. I'm thinking of getting a sunburst Fender Mexican Fat Strat, and a little 10W Marshall practice Amp (the low wattage is not a prob, because I'm gonna hook it up to this vintage 60W amplifier/receiver thing that I use as a "home theater", haha. It's a pretty powerful system. My dad found it at a thrift shop and got it for $30.)

I'm still keeping an open mind, I plan on trying a few Epiphone SGs and LPs at the store :)

Also, if I buy a guitar at a store, do you think they could give me a free guitar set up? And...do you guys know how much a set up would usually cost? I need to lower the action on my acoustic, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to give the new guitar a set up as well.

Happy Holidays! :D

Peace & Love,

Juli
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Also, if I buy a guitar at a store, do you think they could give me a free guitar set up? And...do you guys know how much a set up would usually cost? I need to lower the action on my acoustic, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to give the new guitar a set up as well.

Don't know about free, but a new guitar should be setup for you before you buy it. Its only right. As far as cost, I paid a little more that $30 to have my teacher setup my acoustic, so it shouldn't run you more than that, 40 tops.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    moster78 wrote:
    Don't know about free, but a new guitar should be setup for you before you buy it. Its only right. As far as cost, I paid a little more that $30 to have my teacher setup my acoustic, so it shouldn't run you more than that, 40 tops.

Awesome :) Thanks for the info!!!!!! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • that's a sucky birthday ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"