X-mas lists, who wants what?

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Better question:
What will everyone really wind up getting? :)

So much gear, so little money. So much to play and so little time.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Probably a tape recorder..... I think the Bogner will have to wait
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The love and affection of my friends and family and some new underwear.

Then I want to find buyers for all my stuff I want to sell so I can go out and pursue new stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Even though I'd like to get a new head I know all my X-mas money will go where it belongs, in the bank for my band.
  • A new us strat for me this x-mas :) I got a les paul studio 2 years ago so its time for a change :) I think i also need some new underwear!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    JofZ wrote:
    Better question:
    What will everyone really wind up getting? :)

So much gear, so little money. So much to play and so little time.

my damn verbzilla to arrive.

but i just bought a new car so everything else is out.
    exhausted wrote:
    my damn verbzilla to arrive.

but i just bought a new car so everything else is out.

Ferrari?

Aston Martin?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    sadly, just a plain old subaru. but i drooled on a couple jag XK8s and an STI in the process.
  • John Mayer's signature guitar...

its beautiful...

but expensive..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    exhausted wrote:
    sadly, just a plain old subaru. but i drooled on a couple jag XK8s and an STI in the process.

STI, wow, that would be perfect for a burgeoning family. Back seat for the kids AWD for the winter, rally capability, why don't women notice this?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    STI, wow, that would be perfect for a burgeoning family. Back seat for the kids AWD for the winter, rally capability, why don't women notice this?

yeah, i laughed at the amusing sight of the child seat anchors in the back seat of an STi.

i bought a 2.5i wagon. at least i got the "i".
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i laughed at the amusing sight of the child seat anchors in the back seat of an STi.

i bought a 2.5i wagon. at least i got the "i".

it's utilitarian anyhow. I mused about a used M3 or S2000 when I bought my 4dr tacoma, in the end practicality and economy always wins out damnit. But I can always dream of supercharging it.
    yeah, i gained 43 hp, a bunch of torque, two more drive wheels and more hatch space so i'm happy. it's nimble enough.

thread hijacked!!!!
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i gained 43 hp, a bunch of torque, two more drive wheels and more hatch space so i'm happy. it's nimble enough.

thread hijacked!!!!

so what you want for christmas is a verbzilla and gas for your car.

BOT.

and a partrige in a pear tree.
    and some russian muff.
  • 68 les paul custom - triburst
    vortech supercharger for the cobra
    shannon phaser
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i want a bike.
  • a new acoustic guitar, im thinking a takamine an-10
  • New plan.

Fender American Standard strat. 3 colour sunburst, maple neck.

I'd better get to the asking soon....
    :)
  • I'm not wanting, I'm gving! My mom is retired since this summer and she told me she would like to pick up the guitar again, like in her young hippie days. I know her, she'll never buy one herself. Anyway, I have a beginners acoustic lying around here from a friend of mine. I'll take it of his hands for a few euros and give it to my mom as a christmas gift. She'll never see it coming.
  • A Mandolin or Uke, but probably get aftershave and socks.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    New plan.

Fender American Standard strat. 3 colour sunburst, maple neck.

I'd better get to the asking soon....
    :)

Nice. Thats what I just got, except with a rosewood fretboard. Love it.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    As previously noted... Christmas came early for me...

Nord Electro 2 organ
    new speakers for my amp

and more recently

Fender Telesonic in red...

I really overdid things... but I get excited when playing regularly.

What about you JofZ?
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    House53 wrote:
    As previously noted... Christmas came early for me...

Nord Electro 2 organ
    new speakers for my amp

and more recently

Fender Telesonic in red...

I really overdid things... but I get excited when playing regularly.

What about you JofZ?

I am looking to pick up some vintage parts and keeping me eyes open for a nice TV Jr LP.
    On the giving side I am donating to some local animal shelters, cancer society for dogs and Houses for Humanity.

I have been really content with my tone and for a change I have no plans of adding any pedals or amps LOL

Who is keeping track of the underwear requests? I am thinking we should help these guys out LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    I am looking to pick up some vintage parts and keeping me eyes open for a nice TV Jr LP.
    On the giving side I am donating to some local animal shelters, cancer society for dogs and Houses for Humanity.

I have been really content with my tone and for a change I have no plans of adding any pedals or amps LOL

Who is keeping track of the underwear requests? I am thinking we should help these guys out LOL

Billie Joe from Green Day has more than a few TV yellow jrs. Maybe he will part with one or two I mean, hey, it's Christmas. :D

As far as a wish list, I want a Tim or Timmy or a Fulldrive 2 and some kind of awesome fuzz face style germanium fuzz.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Billie Joe from Green Day has more than a few TV yellow jrs. Maybe he will part with one or two I mean, hey, it's Christmas. :D

As far as a wish list, I want a Tim or Timmy or a Fulldrive 2 and some kind of awesome fuzz face style germanium fuzz.

I can find them, I just wont pay someone for the next 6 months worth of appreciation ;)
    A lot of this is because of Billie though!
    I sent my AM Sun Face to BJ for a tweak and it is on its way back. I never thought I would send out one of Mike's pedals, but there was so much room for improvement with the NKT's. BJ swapped them out for good trannies and reboxxed it, etc. He did the same with a CC for me. I'll post a review.

I hear Paul C is offering any Detroit automotive color you want now for the Timmy :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    I can find them, I just wont pay someone for the next 6 months worth of appreciation ;)
    A lot of this is because of Billie though!
    I sent my AM Sun Face to BJ for a tweak and it is on its way back. I never thought I would send out one of Mike's pedals, but there was so much room for improvement with the NKT's. BJ swapped them out for good trannies and reboxxed it, etc. He did the same with a CC for me. I'll post a review.

I hear Paul C is offering any Detroit automotive color you want now for the Timmy :)

yeah that's pretty cool. So you didn't like the NKT 275's. interesting. I wonder if he did anything else. I wonder what he could do to my Direct Drive. BJ and Paul C and Sean from Lovepedal are definately people I want to support. Mike is a good guy too for that matter.

After seeing the inside of Timmy, I know, that it's going to sound great stacked with the Emerald Green.
  • Since the John Mayer guitar isn't happening (it's just too much money for me...)

http://www.visualsound.net/Pedal_h2o.htm - THIS will be my present :)

musicians friend has it knocked down to 165 for the holidays.

:cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    me i want a hula hoop........
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah that's pretty cool. So you didn't like the NKT 275's. interesting. I wonder if he did anything else. I wonder what he could do to my Direct Drive. BJ and Paul C and Sean from Lovepedal are definately people I want to support. Mike is a good guy too for that matter.

After seeing the inside of Timmy, I know, that it's going to sound great stacked with the Emerald Green.

The AM SF was weak, which I liked for some stuff, but it just had no balls what so ever. BJ offered to take a look at it and since the box was a weird size and all I figured he could at least fix that. When he got it I think he was more then shocked at the low quality components and the lack of quality trannies. Did I get a bad one? I have no idea. I do know that I have an email from Mike that states the new batch of SF's mine being one of them have the best NKT's he has had in a while. So that leaves me wondering about all his stuff now. The CC had a vol. drop and some tone suck problems. Most of that was the circuit, not really Mike's build. BJ fixed that and made the leslie setting way more usable. That wobble sounded like crap IMO.
    The truth is most of these pedals have about 30 bucks in parts and a nice paint job. You gotta dig deeper to find the good stuff ;)
    Scotty from Pro Analog is one to keep an eye on. Sean has some great stuff, BJ, McBroom and Main. Those guys have everything I need or would ever want.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

picked up my new car last night. :D

and the russian muff arrived too. :D