Get your Led out in 2007! yes they are going to Tour!

2»

Comments

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    don't get your hopes up just yet.. there has been many articles like this over the past few years.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I wish it was Dave on drums.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I wish it was Dave on drums.

dave rocks, but have you ever heard Steve Gorman give the Zep stuff a go? If not, check out that Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes record...it's seriously good.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    if they used Led Zepplin, it would be a sellout move imo. wasn't Bonham's death the whole reason they broke up to begin with, because they knew they were no longer Led Zep when he died? that was a VERY honorable thing to do, I can't see them using that name again.
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    I will believe it when I see it. When I think of Led Zep, I am glad they have never done the money tour. Leave that to Kiss and Van Halen. I hope they don't do it. Please do not tarnish the legacy.
    i agree it aint gonna be the same.a few years back i got the LZ dvd and the No Quarter dvd and watched them back to back-the Page and Plant performance although great just didnt compare.They ARE my heroes too but i just dont want them to do it
    Cornell pwns u
  • SnowRiderSnowRider Posts: 55
    The article is from 2002.
    Calgary 04/09/05, Las Vegas 06/07/06, The Gorge 22/07/06 23/07/06
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    The more I read this, the more I so want it to be true. I was just checking out the LZ webpage and didn't see any news about this re-union....but i did see that the surviving members of Led Zeppelin were just given the Polar Music Prize
    in Stockholm. All members were there; Page, Plant, Jones, and representing her dad, Zoe Bonham. This was just May 22nd of this year. So we know they are at least in communications with one another. If they would just grab Jason and hit the road.....I, along with the rest of the rock-n-roll comminuty, would die of pure excitement!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    i agree it aint gonna be the same.a few years back i got the LZ dvd and the No Quarter dvd and watched them back to back-the Page and Plant performance although great just didnt compare.They ARE my heroes too but i just dont want them to do it
    It's not about being the same. Obviously they, like most of us, are all getting older by the day. For me....this would not be like not-wanting-to-see-Motley Crue....sure, I see that mentality with the Crue. Or even Judas Priest. But Led Zeppelin are just legends and in no way could it be a bad thing. I thought Plant sounded amazing at the HOB show last year. I know Page is still one of the greatest guitar players to ever swing the axe.

I am so all for this reunion. If there was or is any other band out there besides the current Pearl Jam, who has spoken to me, and moved me, and lifted me on every track of every album.....that other band is and has been for many, many, many years; Led Zeppelin.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Sweet Mother of God. It's not happening, people. Start a Zep cover band. You will be masters of that material before they ever step foot on stage together again.
    I hope it happens. Put me down for doubtful. Howabout a double bill with a reunited floyd???
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • OthersiderOthersider Posts: 19
    I hope it happens. Put me down for doubtful. Howabout a double bill with a reunited floyd???
    No reason we can't hope for the Beatles to show up and perform as well.
    Othersider wrote:
    No reason we can't hope for the Beatles to show up and perform as well.

Sarcasm doesn't show up well on the net.
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    aNiMaL wrote:
    It's not about being the same. Obviously they, like most of us, are all getting older by the day. For me....this would not be like not-wanting-to-see-Motley Crue....sure, I see that mentality with the Crue. Or even Judas Priest. But Led Zeppelin are just legends and in no way could it be a bad thing. I thought Plant sounded amazing at the HOB show last year. I know Page is still one of the greatest guitar players to ever swing the axe.

I am so all for this reunion. If there was or is any other band out there besides the current Pearl Jam, who has spoken to me, and moved me, and lifted me on every track of every album.....that other band is and has been for many, many, many years; Led Zeppelin.

I was at HOB too, I thought Plant was really great. Voice was great, only the highest notes in GTC did he have a little trouble. Seeing Plant was one of the main reasons I was convinced to buy the tickets because Zep influenced me the most before PJ musically. I still listen to II and Song and Houses. Still have their debut on Vinyl. I think if they do it, they will do it right. Plants band today is very talented, and since he has been touring I think he would be in good shape for this. Don't know about Page, but I am sure he would be awesome. And having Bonham's son on drums makes it right to call themselves LZ, IMO.

Hope this is for real.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • To me the most important addition, is John Paul Jones, playing with them. Unlike last time.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Being to young to see Zepplin live, there is no way I would worry about any legacy tarnishing, I have to see them! -missing them on a live tour with bonham's son would be like forgetting to breathe...
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I think earlier posts were on the money- if Zep were reuniting, it would be HUGE. So huge we'd have heard about it in a big way, from multiple sources. A write up in a UK tabloid isn't quite enough to get me worked up, but count me in if it does happen.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • my father and I came up with this plan that if this is true that we will each spend 1000$ on ourselves for a ticket. There is no way we are sitting anything but within the first 15 rows or the first 5 rows on the side stage section right next to the stage.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Isn't the Sun the same paper that reports about two headed aliens landing in the desert, too? :D

So, while everyone is holding their breath on this one,
    Check these ladies out! I just went to see this band the other night. An all female Led Zep tribute band.
    http://www.lezzeppelin.com/

All I can say is,,,, "AWESOME!!!!" They weren't trying to "be" anybody in the band, just doing their own thing and they completely rocked the joint!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    this comes up once every year in the same tabloid...
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I was emailed the other day, the tour is going to happen. My source is never wrong. Jason on drums!

Same source told me about the Police many months ago!

Speaking of the Police, check out my photos of Andy's new guitar before it was sent to him for the Grammy's.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Summers1.jpg

Here is Dennis holding his masterpiece:
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/DennisandtheSummers.jpg
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I was emailed the other day, the tour is going to happen. My source is never wrong. Jason on drums!

Same source told me about the Police many months ago!

Speaking of the Police, check out my photos of Andy's new guitar before it was sent to him for the Grammy's.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/Summers1.jpg

Here is Dennis holding his masterpiece:
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/DennisandtheSummers.jpg

that is a freaking killer guitar.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    that is a freaking killer guitar.

It is amazing!

We had the area to ourselves, Only the Top Dealers were there. I asked if I could hold it and they were like ummm, well, ummmm. Dennis came over and grabbed it. He said, Andy is coming by and this is #1. It leaves this week for the Tour. He gave it to me and I gave it the thumbs up, he took her back and posed for the pic. I turned around and a bunch of dealers had walked over to get a closer look. They took it away and back on the wall it went.

I ordered 3 that second :)

The Police are the group that I grew up to, day dreaming to on the school bus and for the most part they created the soundtrack to my childhood. They mean more to me then most bands. The upcoming tour is a dream come true.
    The Police website is broadcasting from the studio all week, check it out!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • You know the whole Zep rumor was tarnished a few days ago, the link is disabled and shit cause it was a London little bitch trying to be cool.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway