Get your Led out in 2007! yes they are going to Tour!

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002471692,00.html

There was an article in Guitar Mag UK about 9 months ago stating that Dave Grohl took the gig, but that rumor was put to bed about 3 months ago when he was in Ft. Collins, Co. So Jason is in, Dave is out and the old men who I am dying to see will probably make more money on this tour then any band to date!
Save your duckets!
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• holy crap.

how much these tickets gonna cost?

;)
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that would have been dave's pinnacle moment in life. too bad for him. though having jason play makes a bit more sense from an emotional perspective.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Awesome.

The only thing that would give me pause is its the Sun, which is one of London's biggest tabloids, if I remember correctly.

But if its true, I am so there, cost be damned.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    :cool:

I saw Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes a few years back, and he was on top of his game on that guitar. He still had that edge and that sense of drama. When he stepped forward and ripped out a solo, it was hair-raising!
    Robert Plant is sounding great, and I saw Jason playing with a band last year in Philly and he was amazing, so it should be good.

Ha ha,,, old men! Actually, I didn't know Robert Plant was as young as he is! He's only 2 years older than me! :o I thought they were older than that.
    Jimmy Page is 58,,, I'll tell ya,,,sad but true,,, it just doesn't seem so old to me anymore! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I saw Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes a few years back, and he was on top of his game on that guitar. He still had that edge and that sense of drama. When he stepped forward and ripped out a solo, it was hair-raising!
    Robert Plant is sounding great, and I saw Jason playing with a band last year in Philly and he was amazing, so it should be good.

Ha ha,,, old men! Actually, I didn't know Robert Plant was as young as he is! He's only 2 years older than me! :o I thought they were older than that.
    Jimmy Page is 58,,, I'll tell ya,,,sad but true,,, it just doesn't seem so old to me anymore! :D

I saw Plant up close at the HOB show and he looked great, he didn't sound as good as he once did but who cares :)
    Aging or not these guys still rock and Page will always be one of my idols!
    If 30 is the new 20 then..... ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Now if only Roger Waters and David Gilmour can bury the hatchet and give us a Pink Floyd tour, all would be right with the world.
    JofZ wrote:
    Aging or not these guys still rock and Page will always be one of my idols!
    If 30 is the new 20 then..... ;)

That makes me 42! :D Now I feel better!

There's no live guitarist that can be that off and that on and emotional with so much tension and release than Page.
    He always plays like he's just on the edge of a train wreck, and he brings it back.. I love that!
    Be kind, man

There's no live guitarist that can be that off and that on and emotional with so much tension and release than Page.
    He always plays like he's just on the edge of a train wreck, and he brings it back.. I love that!

Aint that the truth!
    On top of that he is a genius, his work in the studio, his writing, chord changes, use of alternative tunings and mixing is second to none IMO.

I sometimes think how it must have been being the little man he is all messed up on who knows what slinging that LP for hours on end, he must be super human.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    moster78 wrote:
    Now if only Roger Waters and David Gilmour can bury the hatchet and give us a Pink Floyd tour, all would be right with the world.

That might possibly be the most amazing thing ever.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78 wrote:
    say what you will about live8 thing...
    but they were ON!
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    say what you will about live8 thing...
    but they were ON!

I thought they were amazing during Live 8, and I was hoping it would spark a reunion. Maybe when they're both done with their solo tours.
    JofZ wrote:
    Aint that the truth!
    On top of that he is a genius, his work in the studio, his writing, chord changes, use of alternative tunings and mixing is second to none IMO.

I sometimes think how it must have been being the little man he is all messed up on who knows what slinging that LP for hours on end, he must be super human.

Yup,,, he raised the bar for rock guitaring AND recording. He must pay a lot of homage to Les Paul, too! He sure learned how to use Les's inventions! :D

Jimmy isn't really that small.. He was skinny, but he's like 5' 10 or 11 inches. I stood next to him once and I was surprised to see how tall he is.
    The only other time I was close to him was when I lived in LA in the early 80's. A friend of mine was invited to his party in the Hollywood Hills. We got there and his girlfriend was breaking up the party because Jimmy was laying in the front yard passed out!
    He sure didn't look 5' 10" then, but he played at the Hollywood Bowl the next night and he ripped!

He and Keith Richards must have some constitutions! :D
    Be kind, man

Jimmy isn't really that small.. He was skinny, but he's like 5' 10 or 11 inches. I stood next to him once and I was surprised to see how tall he is.
    The only other time I was close to him was when I lived in LA in the early 80's. A friend of mine was invited to his party in the Hollywood Hills. We got there and his girlfriend was breaking up the party because Jimmy was laying in the front yard passed out!
    He sure didn't look 5' 10" then, but he played at the Hollywood Bowl the next night and he ripped!

He and Keith Richards must have some constitutions! :D

He looks about 5'3 so I am surprised :) I guess when you sling it low you tend to like little :)

I would have loved to seen any of the parties back then. I would really have liked to been a fly on the wall at Lennon's/Moon's pad!

I think he and Keef share some DNA, they both have used up more then their fair share of lives LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Might sound stupid but I'd easily shell out $500 for a good ticket and $100 to get in the door. Maybe I have more money than sense. But Jimmy Page is my musical idol. My kid is named after him and a UB40 song. Tyler James, coolest thing my ex-wife ever let me do.

No matter how good they are, they'll only be a shadow of the band they once were. But that's alright by me. Just to hear music live that you though tyou'd never have the chance to ever hear. I only hope they do not use the name Led Zeepelin.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    i remember seeing page and plant with the national arabian orchestra at glastonbury in 95 and to say it was awe inspiring is such an understatement. (pretty sure jason was with them then too :) )
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Man that would be awesome!!

Hopefully this is true!!! :D
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    surferdude wrote:
    Might sound stupid but I'd easily shell out $500 for a good ticket and $100 to get in the door. Maybe I have more money than sense. But Jimmy Page is my musical idol. My kid is named after him and a UB40 song. Tyler James, coolest thing my ex-wife ever let me do.

No matter how good they are, they'll only be a shadow of the band they once were. But that's alright by me. Just to hear music live that you though tyou'd never have the chance to ever hear. I only hope they do not use the name Led Zeepelin.

They'd use Led Zeppelin.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    They'd use Led Zeppelin.
    That would depress me.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • I don't care if the ticket is 1000$ I am there.

I saw Plant play at the Beacon Theater in NYC both nights. HE WAS AMAZING. His voice is still fuckin GREAT. Crowds were nuts too!

WOW!!! IMAGINE THEIR RETURN TO MSG!!!! HOLY SHIT
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    WOW!!! IMAGINE THEIR RETURN TO MSG!!!! HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • im sure this article is bullshit.
  • HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I will believe it when I see it. When I think of Led Zep, I am glad they have never done the money tour. Leave that to Kiss and Van Halen. I hope they don't do it. Please do not tarnish the legacy.
    HOLY SHIT!

:D:D
    I will believe it when I see it. When I think of Led Zep, I am glad they have never done the money tour. Leave that to Kiss and Van Halen. I hope they don't do it. Please do not tarnish the legacy.

You actually bring up a good point.......

.NJD.
  • :D:D

You actually bring up a good point.......

thanks. i thought i was going to get flamed
    thanks. i thought i was going to get flamed

Lol, I'm sure you will.....:)

But I never really thought of it like that, and even though I would want to see them, I totally see where you're coming from and actually agree.

.NJD.
  • Lol, I'm sure you will.....:)

But I never really thought of it like that, and even though I would want to see them, I totally see where you're coming from and actually agree.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see page, plant, jones, and jason play together. Just don't use the ZEP moniker. I am not saying they aren't talented musicians, i just don't want to see the ZEP legacy tarnished. I wish I could have seen them in the 70s, but i wasnt born.
  • heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Definitely would love to see page, plant, jones and jason. I think it would be a great show! Even better if pearl jam backed um' up ...

I was lucky to see Zepplin in 77' ... I was 15!!! Still have the ticket stub ... "An Evening With Led Zepplin"! That was many moons ago ... but it seems like yesterday!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
    surferdude wrote:
    That would depress me.

I was being a smartass and commenting on the spelling. I have no idea what name they'd use. I hope its not Zeppelin, maybe come up with some other band name or just Page/Plant/Jones
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    There's no way that this is real. It would have been picked up by the entertainment media around the world. Zep are almost Beatles-level popular. This would have been HUGE in the news...even your local 6 o'clock news would have had it.

I can respect that jason is going to drum, but Dave pwn's him.