Rob's last gig

13»

Comments

• neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
    here's to rob...may he rest in peace at that big pearl jam concert in the sky :)

and thanks for bumping this for your friend...

-ames-
  • Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
    I was thinking about this the other day, i saw it a month ago and I wondered what was happening with Rob, if he made it. I guess he did, and I'm glad he did. Thats something really courageous, to make the most of life, but especially considering the difficult circumstances he was in and they way he chose to tackle it. I admire anyone williong to do that, and though its been said 1000 times, and my post probabaly wont be dinstinguishable, I wanted to add this.

I've left my home for a year, Im away at the moment and Im only 18. Been here two months and even though I know other people I know, some friends etc are doing a similar thing, to realise that everyone makes journeys like this and more in particular, people make a one way journey like this peacefully and full of hope is just crazy when u apply that to yourself....Im afraid sometimes. Why? shit, this post by rob never hit till a few minutes ago, but its crazy isnt it?

RIP Rob, u sound like u were and are the man!
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    im still not actually posting on here....but, i was thinking about rob today, and really wanted to come on here and bump us this post so we could remember rob, he sounded like such a lovely man, a real inspiration to us all, and i know he was a great friend to our bob....

....*raises galss* to rob.
  • Originally posted by bambi girl
    im still not actually posting on here....but, i was thinking about rob today, and really wanted to come on here and bump us this post so we could remember rob, he sounded like such a lovely man, a real inspiration to us all, and i know he was a great friend to our bob....

How sweet! I'll raise a glass with the awesome Bambi Girl, to my bestest old friend!
    *Clink!* ;)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    *Clink!* ;)

:)

:) back to ya.

You just made my day.
    Be kind, man

that was nice of you:) too bad youre still not posting so you wont even see this:(........
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    what was rob's deal? i think i missed something (important).....

:(
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    what an amazing post, I wish I would have seen this last year, but glad I see it now.

rob wherever you are now, I hope you're enjoying yourself and at peace.

bob, I am glad you got to be with your friend till the end, and I hope you're doing well now.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • Originally posted by JDE-PJ
    what an amazing post, I wish I would have seen this last year, but glad I see it now.

rob wherever you are now, I hope you're enjoying yourself and at peace.

bob, I am glad you got to be with your friend till the end, and I hope you're doing well now.

Thanks for bumping these threads, JDE-PJ. I think.:)
    Kind of a jolt on a Sunday morning. I can't believe it's been almost a year, since Nepal. It seems like last week to me.That was a powerful powerful trip.

I'm doing well., Jason. I had a great trip to Austria to visit the Squirrel. I told the whole story to her in an outdoor cafe on a beautiful day. She saw who'spearljam with tears in his eyes and she was truly there for me.

I miss ya, Rob
    Peace

Oh yeah,,, And Cheers!
    Be kind, man

God bless you all.....bob, im glad i came to talk to you. i still think about Rob...it's amazing as it's someone i never even spoke to...he was quite a person eh?

love to ya...

God bless you all.....bob, im glad i came to talk to you. i still think about Rob...it's amazing as it's someone i never even spoke to...he was quite a person eh?

love to ya...

He was a great person. He collected friends everywhere he went in the world. If you had to describe the words "good Karma", it would be him.
    I met him in about 9th grade. (oh, maybe 1967 or so.) and we grew up together, along with Youthinkyoureold, who entered the picture in college. We all were guitar players and travelled a lot. Man, the three of us knew each other so well, it was like old married people that can predict what each other were going to say!
    Everybody perked up when he showed up at a party, always lit up a room.

The whole reason I came to this board is because I was just sending a message from Rob to puremagic from an internet connection in Nepal. So I can thank her me being here.
    Then someone named Bambi Girl:D, wished me a Happy Buffday out of the blue. and I came back,,, then the Squirrel wrote to me that she liked my sig line,,,,,,,, and now it's a year later,,,,,,Amazing!

I'm glad you came to talk to me last Nov 10th, Bambi Girl. I've met a lot of good people because of that! Including you;)

Cheers
    Be kind, man
  • wow - sounds like an amazing man. must be for you bob - to hold in such high regard. it fills me with such a sense of well-being....reading how someone made the final choice of how theyd live their last days. such a tragic beauty in it all. i hope his soul is at peace.......

i am thankful for this board in so many ways....n meeting a few truly amazing individuals is one big part of it.

bob - thanks for letting me know this was here. :) much love to you!!!
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Never knew about Rob until I've just read this post today...How sad but he sounds like he was a great guy who's enriched the lives of quite a lot of people in his life. Hope he's at peace now.....
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • What a coincidence... I just watched "Life Without Me" this weeked, and the story of someone living out the final days of their life on their own terms made me think about this post.

I've always thought it was amazing how someone that I've never met, somehow touched my life.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln