Rob's last gig

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    all the best, man.
  • this is sad but very beautiful. i wish you all the best in your time left, and God bless you. hope your having the best time, peace.
    lizi
  • i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    God be with you.
  • A truant finds home...and I wish to hold on...
    But there's a trapdoor in the sun.... immortality
    If you hate something don't you do it too?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Peace be with you Rob. Nepal is a beautiful place. It was a joy conversing with you. We'll all miss you although you say it's Rob's last gig, I don't see it that way. See you on the other side.

P.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ledfloydledfloyd Posts: 604
    best wishes rob, hope you find the serenity you're looking for in nepal....
    "won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom...cause all i've ever had, redemption songs"
    --BOB MARLEY
  • After reading this, I had to put on a song, for Rob and for myself, so I can send him good vibes. Such bravery I have seen only a couple times on this board, and it's something to be admired. Wow.. :(

~~
    And I wish for so long, cannot stay..
    All the precious moments, cannot stay..
    It's not like wings have folded, cannot say..
    But without you, somethings missing, cannot say..

Holding hands are daughters and sons,
    and their faiths have fallen down, down, down.. down.
    I have wished for so long,
    How I wish for you today..

We all walk the long road,
    There's no need to say goodbye..

All the friends and family,
    all the memories goin round, round, round.. round..
    how I wish for you today..

And the winds are blowin,
    and the skies keep turnin grey..
    And the Sun is setting,
    the Sun will rise another day..

Aooh hey, hiey.. hey hey hey..

how I wish for you today..

I have wished for so long..
    How I wish for you.. today..

We all walk the long road..
    We all walk the long road.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • Rob,

I never knew you and you are not likely to see this, but I was touched by your words and inspired by your decision to live out your final days on your own terms. Everyone should be so brave and lucky. Good luck on your trip(s).
    Resist Much, Obey Little.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    God bless you. I hope your final days bring you peace and happiness.
  • keven 33keven 33 Posts: 259
    for a sec i felt tears rob

lets chill out a little

wherever you go make sure you take

the spirit of jesus with ya and

if you not into that well all i can say

is i love ya

rokin with dokken
    convicted
  • Rob, I don't know you, but i've been through this with a great friend and it hurt. Go out on top brother. Let nature and the guitar take you away in style

"Thief" Our Lady Peace

As the world implodes
    We fall into it
    And we can't go home because this will not go away
    There's a house built out in space

And I can't see that thief (cancer) that lives inside of your head
    But I can be some courage at the side of your bed
    And I don't know what's happening and I can't pretend
    It's a long, long getaway, it's a long, long getaway
    Make it home again
    Make it home again
    It's a long, long getaway, it's a long, long getaway

And I can't see that thief that lives inside of your head
    But I can be some courage at the side of your bed
    And I don't know what's happening and I can't pretend
    But I can be your, be your

I'm here
    and I can be your, be your
    I'm here
    It's a long, long getaway
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Look at this board,
    Rob! This is beautiful.

Before he left, Rob asked me to check in and read his post to see if it makes sense, and to add anything I think I need to. I don't know, I think it says a lot and I can't believe the beautiful thoughts and responses you have sent back.

They're in Amsterdam until Thursday, then on to Nepal, so he will probably be on again, and will probably see these posts.

I'd like to write a bit about this, but after I see this post, I need some time to write, there are so many people thinking about him now.

I don't know if it is appropriate here but I need to write now. Do I post here? I guess so, don't mind me, I'm thinking out loud!
    Smile :)
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by thelouderthebetter
    Look at this board,
    Rob! This is beautiful.

Before he left, Rob asked me to check in and read his post to see if it makes sense, and to add anything I think I need to. I don't know, I think it says a lot and I can't believe the beautiful thoughts and responses you have sent back.

They're in Amsterdam until Thursday, then on to Nepal, so he will probably be on again, and will probably see these posts.

I'd like to write a bit about this, but after I see this post, I need some time to write, there are so many people thinking about him now.

I don't know if it is appropriate here but I need to write now. Do I post here? I guess so, don't mind me, I'm thinking out loud!

Thanks for letting us know how he is doing. I said all I needed and wanted to say to rob in pm. He knows.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Hi Puremagic, I know he does. He said.
    I just wrote a whole mess of stuff, should I post?
    Oh, Ok! I guess I do it here! ( sound of me thinking on my feet )
  • OffRampOffRamp Posts: 76
    Peace Rob. Enjoy your days.

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• isisisis Posts: 34
    may God hold you in the palm of his hand Rob!
    I don't want to hear from those who know
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    rob,
    i don't have the words to really speak. my heart is really heavy right now. all i can say is if i had an ounce of God's power i would use it on U. U will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. i thank U so much for being brave and putting this up on the board, sharing it with all of us strangers. the only thing that makes me happy is that U are doing what U want. PJ has some of the greatest fans, and i can say that U are one that is at the top of the peak. i wish U the best each and everyday. U will not be forgotten by us. god bless.

PJammin'.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • I cannot begin to tell you how much this one post will forever affect me... Rob, you inspire me as a fellow musician (drummer), as a member of society, and as an inhabitant of this earth. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. A slight explanation of some thoughts, from Tool... Rob we will see you again soon.

Prying open my third eye.
    So good to see you once again.
    I thought that you were hiding.
    And you thought that I had run away.
    Chasing the tail of dogma.
    I opened my eye and there we were.
    "They have the internet on computers now!" -- Homer Simpson
  • robrob Posts: 142
    Holy shit!

This is incredible. so many pm's, so many responses. I'm in an internet cafe now in Amsterdam, I need to grab another glass of wine for this, and a more comfortable chair!

There is really something special about you all. I'm on a roll with writing. I guess I'll post something. So many things to say. I guess I'll say it on this gearhead thread. Beware, I write a lot when I get going!

Maybe I'd better get a BIG glass of wine.

I toast to you with the rest of this one!
    Gulp!,,,,,aaaahhhh

Rob

Ahhhllll be baaack! ( is aaaarnold the governor? ) That's big news here.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Originally posted by rob
    There is really something special about you all. I'm on a roll with writing. I guess I'll post something. So many things to say. I guess I'll say it on this gearhead thread. Beware, I write a lot when I get going!
    no, there is something special about U. write as much as U want, we our all ears. :) glad to see you're here with us. it brightened my day.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Originally posted by rob

Ahhhllll be baaack! ( is aaaarnold the governor? ) That's big news here.

Yes, aaaarnold is the governor. You probably know that by now.
    Hope you had a great flight.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    back to top for those who missed it.....
  • bs420bs420 Posts: 3
    That was pretty touching........I didn't know Rob and he probably won't read this...........but he has inspired me.....and like someone else said, makes you feel humble....

Good luck and my best wishes to you, sir. Wherever you are.
  • over on the who you are forum, there is a RIP post put up by a good friend of Rob. I didn't know Rob and didn't even catch this post until now...but thought it would be nice to bump it for others. Live life to the fullest....
    oh Ed! what big vinyl you have!

Won't let the light escape from me
    Won't let the darkness swallow me
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    RIP Rob.

keep bumping this post for others to see.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Here is the thread about Rob's passing. This is so sad, but he did it right. He was where he wanted to be when he left us. One can only hope for that opportunity.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21855
  • We miss you Rob...
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • this has been gone too long, so I figured I'd bump it before it disappeared.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    still thinking of you Rob. Rock On.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Wow, I didn't know that this thread still existed!
    It makes me sad, and happy at the same time to see this.

To my friend Rob
    I miss you. So many memories , and good times we had for so many years. I couldn't have had a better friend.

To any that read this:
    He lived a good life.

Youthinkyoureold, Rob's niece, and I were with him at the end, in Nepal, where he died peacefully, a happy man.
    I know the way he wanted to be remembered. It wasn't the fact that he was a great guitar player, or a great human being, or funny as hell. He was all those. It was the memory of one who left a trail of good feelings wherever he was in the world, and who lived and enjoyed life to the fullest.
    This world is a brighter place because you were in it, Rob, and you still shine on.

Peace always
    Bob
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart