Options

What type of Flanger should I get?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I'm still wanting to build a vox wah but I still don't know what exact parts I need. I looked at small bear and couldn't find anything.

I can't remember if they have wahs or not but 3ms sells parts for DIY effects.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by GlorifiedG
    I can't remember if they have wahs or not but 3ms sells parts for DIY effects.

yeah thanks I forgot about 3ms.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    better off buying a dead crybaby or vox to use as a starting point.

unless you just want a static filter without the rocker.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    better off buying a dead crybaby or vox to use as a starting point.

unless you just want a static filter without the rocker.

That's the plan. I'm going to go with a vox of ebay for around 50 bucks, then I need an inductor I know but I'm not sure about the transistors or any other mods.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    transistors don't have to be touched.

all the mods i've see involve resistor and cap switching. every conceivable mod is here.

http://www.green-fuz.freeserve.co.uk/wah.html

except for that bass boost thing that i found accidentally.
  • Options
    transistors don't have to be touched.

all the mods i've see involve resistor and cap switching. every conceivable mod is here.

http://www.green-fuz.freeserve.co.uk/wah.html

except for that bass boost thing that i found accidentally.

thank you kind sir.

where did you buy parts?
  • Options
    thank you kind sir.

where did you buy parts?

mouser.com

or smallbearelec.com

i would use smallbear.

the electronics shops around here aren't open on weekends and their online ordering sucks so i use those two. mouser is slow as hell though. small bear is a good guy. i ordered all my parts for my DS-1 experiment from him.
  • Options
    thanks, I'll see if I can find a vox on ebay and start on it soon. I don't know if I'm all that good with a soldiering iron though
  • Options
    thanks, I'll see if I can find a vox on ebay and start on it soon. I don't know if I'm all that good with a soldiering iron though

you get the hang of it fast. the biggest thing to watch is that you don't leave heat on the pads of the circuit board too long. if you do, you can break the connection within the board itself.
  • Options
    you get the hang of it fast. the biggest thing to watch is that you don't leave heat on the pads of the circuit board too long. if you do, you can break the connection within the board itself.

how does the desoldiering tape work?
  • Options
    how does the desoldiering tape work?

basically, just hold the braid to the connection for a second or two with the iron and it sucks up the solder. works great.
  • Options
    basically, just hold the braid to the connection for a second or two with the iron and it sucks up the solder. works great.

I'm going to look at home depot today after work for a soldiering iron and some desoldiering tape. I'll then change the pots on my Dyna comp.
  • Options
    What's so wrong with flangers? They come in handy for a jam and noise-making... or a destruction. Or for playing awesome songs like Radio Friendly Unit Shifter.
    Ha ha I've a custy
  • Options
    FlizankFlizank Posts: 59
    Feh, I want a flanger just for making noise, in a Flanger's defense. :)

Funny how you make a thread and don't touch it or anything, and it explodes... :)
    PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
    Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
    Don't get behind I can't fall back.
    Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
    They don't want no change. We already have.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Echo Flanger
    What's so wrong with flangers? They come in handy for a jam and noise-making... or a destruction. Or for playing awesome songs like Radio Friendly Unit Shifter.

I just prefer a good guitar into a good overdrive and a good tube amp...

Not a noise guy, at all...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.