Options

i wanna date a musician

2»

Comments

• Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Yeah, I know what you mean... it is frustrating when things go south... but you have to figure if it is going to end... the sooner the better.

If a girl doesn't want me anymore, I don't want her sticking around... "I want you, to want me" I tell them... "I need you, to need me..." and most importantly "I'd love for you, to love me."

But, if not then it is probably best to move on.

It is sometimes better to be on your own... and be able to just have a good time with people and be happy within yourself...

I look at relationships like this... (warning long post with House53's love insights)

When you start out you are completely you. Meaning: full and no other interests... your own (whatever they might be, which could involve charity work or something... but still all you).

When you make a place in your life for someone else... in whatever level... they hollow out a place in you and become a part of you. So, when that person is no longer a part of your life... there is an emptiness... so you look to fill that emptiness...

the next person comes along, and doesn't fit the mold exactly... but squeezes in, and hollows out some more of you... the space inside you gets bigger, and you are able to allow someone to be a bigger and bigger part of your life... the hole inside changes shape with each relationship until one day you meet someone that fits the hole perfectly and completes you again... in a much better form. Because you have learned to compromise and work with someone else as a part of your life.

Finding the right person to fit, after all of your past relationships is the hard part... and why timing plays such a big factor in these kinds of relationships.

I will shut up now...

To stay on topic: music is one of those holes... and that part of me, (music and my tastes) is pretty firmly rooted in me... no one has been able to modify or take up any of that part of me yet. So, yes, I am looking for someone to go along with my tastes in music.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    don't get me wrong. writing songs about how much love sucks is the touchstone for 99% of pop music. :)

but it would really suck trying to maintain a relationship whilst exorcising frustration in song and having your partner do the same.

Fleetwood Mac anyone?

Love sucks then you die.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Fleetwood Mac anyone?

what a headfuck. playing guitar on a track about how much of an asshole you were to her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Fleetwood Mac anyone?

"Can't help it 'bout the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin... Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answers that you want me to... oh well..."

Oh sorry, wrong Fleetwood Mac :D
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    don't get me wrong. writing songs about how much love sucks is the touchstone for 99% of pop music. :)

but it would really suck trying to maintain a relationship whilst exorcising frustration in song and having your partner do the same.

It depends on how personal and detail the song got. If he's singing about smack my bitch up and she's singing about his touch was different. A family that plays together stays together, may not be the same for musicians.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    what a headfuck. playing guitar on a track about how much of an asshole you were to her.

I know. I'm sure the drugs helped a lot.

The best song about relationship progression in the last few years was from Lit

You make me Cum, You make me Complete, You make me Completely Miserable....

It dosen't get any clearer than that.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    My songs are always either about being upset about a girl or being upset about the president... one or the other...

I could name my album, Bad Girls and Cowboys. I like that. :)
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    just be like matt good. make every female character in your songs and prose named "jenny".
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    My songs are always either about being upset about a girl or being upset about the president... one or the other...

I could name my album, Bad Girls and Cowboys. I like that. :)

Make sure people know you aren't Bisexual. :D

Hiyo!
  • Options
    that's gets an official: "a touche..." Simpson's reference...

The episode where Homer gets into a steak eating contest with the trucker... and the trucker dies, so Homer decides to make the trucker's last run.

Bart hops into the cab and asks if he can go with:

Homer: Don't you have school?
    Bart: Yeah, but don't you have work?
    Homer: Ahh, touche!

Off they go.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    I suppose I could subtitle it...

Bad Girls and Cowboys
    (Love and Politics)
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    [B
    To stay on topic: music is one of those holes... and that part of me, (music and my tastes) is pretty firmly rooted in me... no one has been able to modify or take up any of that part of me yet. So, yes, I am looking for someone to go along with my tastes in music. [/B]

Music is ever changing, it maybe grassroots, but it changes everytime a person hums a note, plays a note or thinks about a certain sound. To respect ones grassroots of music is ok, to be able to appreciate another's and go from there is important.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Music is ever changing, it maybe grassroots, but it changes everytime a person hums a note, plays a note or thinks about a certain sound. To respect ones grassroots of music is ok, to be able to appreciate another's and go from there is important.

perfect.
  • Options

No, my taste in music is CORRECT... other people's WRONG.

Once you realize that... you are off to a good start...

:) (please note the load of sarcasm)
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    No, my taste in music is CORRECT... other people's WRONG.

Once you realize that... you are off to a good start...

:) (please note the load of sarcasm)

Sarcasm noted, besides anyone who can go from Kick out the Jams to Black can't be all boring. Must be a little "rock" in them.
  • Options
    thanks for the vote of confidence. I think I have quite a bit of rock, but I am in a cover band... so that hurts my "rock credibility"

However, I play an SG... so the two kind of wash each other out.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    thanks for the vote of confidence. I think I have quite a bit of rock, but I am in a cover band... so that hurts my "rock credibility"

However, I play an SG... so the two kind of wash each other out.

Well it only hurts your rock credibility if you don't do justice to the music your covering.

Some how I think a "guitarist" could go months, maybe a year or two without a woman as long as they had their guitar. Love your SG outlook. When I get home, I'm going to strap on mines to see if I can get that elistist attitude.

House you rock and you know it. Good luck with your show.
  • Options
    So you are calling me an elitist? well, then...

Thank you for the compliment... a compliment for us... or something like that.

We are going to rip it up Friday... we are all nearing a manic state in practice... I was pogoing like mad during our last practice...

The end of Sympathy the lead guitarist and I do this dueling guitars thing... it really rips...

I am psyched.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    So you are calling me an elitist? well, then...

From what I'm told you have to sign a paper to that fact or you won't be sold a "quality" guitar. Unlike us who inherit such.
  • Options
    I'll say this one more time for that "esteem" building you were looking for.

House you rock and you know it. Good luck with your show. And yes you have that guitar elistist attitude working for you, which isn't all bad.
  • Options
    Well, I don't know about that...

I rock my Squier Tele too... just not as much as my SG.

So, owning a Gibson makes me an elitist. Well, then I am indeed an elitist... and elitist with a kick ass guitar

I've got a Gibson, without a case, but I can't get that even tan look on my face... ill fitting clothes and I blend in the crowd... fingers so clumsy, voice too loud... but, I'm One!!
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    me, me, me, bass player and I can draw a crowd and I'm excellant one-on-one. Also, I'd just love for you to sound check my equipment. Oh wait, damnit a tribute band to smashing pumpkin (no), move to Chicago (no). sorry mig.

Hey, I was just joking about that...

I'll play anytime, anything, with anyone...

So, what did you mean by "check my equipment"?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Hey, I was just joking about that...

I'll play anytime, anything, with anyone...

So, what did you mean by "check my equipment"?

Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought your background is sound engineer.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought your background is sound engineer.

Alas, 'tis true...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.