Options

i wanna date a musician

justjoshingujustjoshingu Posts: 538
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
not pj (cause they're like dudes, man) but i want a rock chick girlfriend with good tastes(ie pj)
mean people suck!
but nice people sw****w

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 550
    Originally posted by justjoshingu
    not pj (cause they're like dudes, man) but i want a rock chick girlfriend with good tastes(ie pj)

agreed, dating a cool rock chick is my goal as well, or at least a girl with good musical taste
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    Yeah, me too. I really have my sights set on Tegan from Tegan and Sara (http://www.teganandsara.com), but since she is quasi-famous (in that the band does have fans, etc...) it would seem a little creepy and stalkerish, but I do think I would like her.

I play guitar and would love to have a rock chick, musician, girlfriend. Hopefully, she would be better than me and could teach me a thing or two on the guitar, among other places.
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Good luck my friend, considering she's on the other "team".
    Originally posted by GhostBoy
    Yeah, me too. I really have my sights set on Tegan from Tegan and Sara (http://www.teganandsara.com), but since she is quasi-famous (in that the band does have fans, etc...) it would seem a little creepy and stalkerish, but I do think I would like her.

I play guitar and would love to have a rock chick, musician, girlfriend. Hopefully, she would be better than me and could teach me a thing or two on the guitar, among other places.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    I may be too young for you... but I like older men. lol. (lotsa people are older than me though)
    "Provided there are no pre-conditions"

Originally posted by MrBrian -

"one day a country may just liberate america, what will you say then?"
  • Options
    I thought this was gonna be a High Fidelity thread.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Good call...
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gossard_Is_God
    I thought this was gonna be a High Fidelity thread.

actually why i started this thread. was watching it and i just agreed with it
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I always had a thing for female musicians...

I really want to find a girl who plays bass. Then I'll have a girlfriend AND a bass-player! If she's hot, she'll draw a crowd, too.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    I'm a girl, single and a muso :D I play bass and guitar and I sing a little too. I would love a musician boyfriend, or one that is musically minded and w/ great taste in music. As for being a rock chick... well, I do try.

Oh, and I LOVE High Fidelity.
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    Originally posted by elusive_one
    I'm a girl, single and a muso :D I play bass and guitar and I sing a little too. I would love a musician boyfriend, or one that is musically minded and w/ great taste in music. As for being a rock chick... well, I do try.

Oh, and I LOVE High Fidelity.

Can you play the basslines to Smashing Pumpkins songs? We could move to Chicago and start a tribute band...
  • Options
    Originally posted by JesusTheTerrorist
    I may be too young for you... but I like older men. lol. (lotsa people are older than me though)

I always though Jesus was a dude...fuck.
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Can you play the basslines to Smashing Pumpkins songs? We could move to Chicago and start a tribute band...

I know 1 song... and I'm pretty sure the others won't be hard to learn since D'Arcy's bass playing (from what I've heard anyway) isn't the most challenging. But why are we moving to Chicago to be a tribute band?
  • Options
    Originally posted by elusive_one
    I know 1 song... and I'm pretty sure the others won't be hard to learn since D'Arcy's bass playing (from what I've heard anyway) isn't the most challenging. But why are we moving to Chicago to be a tribute band?

Because that's where the Pumpkins are from.
  • Options
    Because that's where the Pumpkins are from.

ok... that makes sense... but is it a problem if I really don't like the Pumpkins?
  • Options
    My ex girlfriend lives in Philadelphia and she loves Pearl Jam. Uhh, PM me if interested :)
    Ha ha I've a custy
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I always had a thing for female musicians...

I really want to find a girl who plays bass. Then I'll have a girlfriend AND a bass-player! If she's hot, she'll draw a crowd, too.

me, me, me, bass player and I can draw a crowd and I'm excellant one-on-one. Also, I'd just love for you to sound check my equipment. Oh wait, damnit a tribute band to smashing pumpkin (no), move to Chicago (no). sorry mig.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by puremagic
    me, me, me, bass player and I can draw a crowd and I'm excellant one-on-one. Also, I'd just love for you to sound check my equipment. Oh wait, damnit a tribute band to smashing pumpkin (no), move to Chicago (no). sorry mig.

She's Hot to Mig. Very Hot.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    rock chics are great... the perfect compliment to a legit rock dude...

too bad, I am not really a rock dude... just a poser.

see pics for reference:

http://ftp.cablemo.net/~eddiehill/ruckus/

that's me dead center... see what I mean... poser.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    wow, this is the part where you are all supposed to build up my self esteem... :D

anyways, to me there are few things that are as important as taste in music when finding "someone" or just clicking with a person on a date... pearl jam is an instant in with me...

I went on a date with a girl, and the conversation turned to Pearl Jam... she asked if I had been to any concerts lately...
    I mentioned that I had been to Seattle for one of the Key Arena shows...

she said, I really like Pearl Jam... what's your favorite album?

I said: That's tough to say, but if I must pick one, No Code.

She says: I think that album is pretty heavily influenced by Neil Young.

I was overwhelmed... this girl knew something about Pearl Jam...

anyways, what was my point? oh yeah... good taste in music is essential in finding a good man/woman.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    wow, this is the part where you are all supposed to build up my self esteem... :D

anyways, to me there are few things that are as important as taste in music when finding "someone" or just clicking with a person on a date... pearl jam is an instant in with me...

I went on a date with a girl, and the conversation turned to Pearl Jam... she asked if I had been to any concerts lately...
    I mentioned that I had been to Seattle for one of the Key Arena shows...

she said, I really like Pearl Jam... what's your favorite album?

I said: That's tough to say, but if I must pick one, No Code.

She says: I think that album is pretty heavily influenced by Neil Young.

I was overwhelmed... this girl knew something about Pearl Jam...

anyways, what was my point? oh yeah... good taste in music is essential in finding a good man/woman.

So are ya'll still dating or just friends?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    well, like I said, I am just a poser... not a real "rock dude"

so, I would not be what a rock chick is looking for...

we still see each other every now and then...

She comes to by band's shows. Nice to have your friends support.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Originally posted by House53
    well, like I said, I am just a poser... not a real "rock dude"

so, I would not be what a rock chick is looking for...

we still see each other every now and then...

She comes to by band's shows. Nice to have your friends support.

The reason for my question was because when people say they want a person that likes music. It is usually limited to their own personal musical tastes. Just a thought.
  • Options
    The reason for my question was because when people say they want a person that likes music. It is usually limited to their own personal musical tastes. Just a thought.

not me, I pretty much like all people that are passionate about music.

You really don't meet people that are passionate about pop music right? If you're into pop music you are basically just looking for a background track you aren't really listening.

I loved dating this musical theatre girl I dated for a while I got along better with her than anyone, unfortunately I always catch girls before they are in that transition stage when they always think after a while that maybe there is something else out there and they dump me and then date losers. I know because this particular girl dated this ugly goonlike moron for 3 years after she dumped me. Aparently I give them hope that there are good men in the world so they get bored with me and go look for losers. I am not dramatic enough.

Basically I date a lot of fickel immature selfish women.

In conclusion if you love music, look for a girl that also loves music chances are you and her can rub off on each other it's even better if you and she like different music.

You can't really do anything about them being selfish, immature, fickel or psycho hose beasts......
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

In conclusion if you love music, look for a girl that also loves music chances are you and her can rub off on each other it's even better if you and she like different music.

You can't really do anything about them being selfish, immature, fickel or psycho hose beasts......

I'm just going to assume this was directed to House and not me.
  • Options
    I'm just going to assume this was directed to House and not me.

yeah. that's it. I shouldn't have quoted you. Unless you want to date a music girl too but you don't swing that way so I guess all that applies just change girl to guy. But you knew that.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    dating a musician would be great until it all went to shit and you both started writing songs about how much it sucked. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    dating a musician would be great until it all went to shit and you both started writing songs about how much it sucked. :D

hey it worked for No Doubt. They made millions off of gwen and that wierd looking bass players misery.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted

Then we'd end up like Nickelback and Puddle of Mud.
  • Options
    Then we'd end up like Nickelback and Puddle of Mud.

And Limp Bizkit. :)
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    don't get me wrong. writing songs about how much love sucks is the touchstone for 99% of pop music. :)

but it would really suck trying to maintain a relationship whilst exorcising frustration in song and having your partner do the same.