anyone willing to listen to me?

2»

Comments

• Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
    niner wrote:
    Bravo Eva, Bravo! Molto biene!
    Beautiful voice and songs, thanks for sharing.
    Grace Slick is a great comparison, but i also heard a littel Bjork and Sinead O'Connor. Who i think have amazing voices and control.
    Lots of luck & success to you!
    Ciao Bella!

Ciao! Thanks for your italian! :)

aaaaawgh, you're just too nice!!!!
    Haha :O Well, I STUDIED with a piece of music history, but that doesn't make ME a piece. :)
    I am on a recording of the League of Crafty Guitarists, but haha,,, you'll never know I was in there. I guess my main history seems to be that I never got kicked out of a band, anyway! :D

Actually YOU are more of a piece of history because you wrote some cool music! :cool:

NO WAY!!!! YOU'RE THE ONE!!!!

.....maybe we could work on something together and finally make a certain piece of history??? eheh
    it would be a good pretext for you to visit italy ;)
    Drew263 wrote:
    Eva I'd love to but I can't get on myspace at work. Can you email me the mp3's?

I have just pm'd you! just forgot to tell you that you can download the files from the links I have sent you. Hope it works!!! love, Eva
  • Still listening to the music, and loving it, Eva!

( Btw, this link is for who's-pearljam?! It features a circa-1974 era Don Van Vliet. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21voUGVzym4 )
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    Eva7 wrote:
    I have just pm'd you! just forgot to tell you that you can download the files from the links I have sent you. Hope it works!!! love, Eva

Yeah, i'm listening. I love "April"
    Drew263 wrote:
    Yeah, i'm listening. I love "April"

ehhe, that one is not on myspace... sssssh ;)
  • Hey Eva - thats some great stuff. Best of luck with the recording!
    btw - you should hear whospearljam play an A pent. scale! It'll blow you away!

ps Bob - I got the highest mark in the class for that assignment. You rule!
    Hey Eva - thats some great stuff. Best of luck with the recording!
    btw - you should hear whospearljam play an A pent. scale! It'll blow you away!

ps Bob - I got the highest mark in the class for that assignment. You rule!

Thanks!

I have just added 3 more songs, one is in english! ;)

I believe you about whospearljam...... I wish I could hear him play and also jam with him!!!

lots of hugs
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Beautiful! I really like your voice, Eva! Really nice.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    One guy, one of my first tours in the 70's, a guy named Captain Beefheart, went into seclusion. I only went with him for a year, anyway,but that got me started.

You played with Captain Beefheart :eek: that's not "a guy", he's a musical genius! I'm listening to A carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond right now... it's wonderful!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • I believe him. Bob doesn't bullshit. :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Sounds Great Eva - keep them coming.
    I don't speak Italian, but you have a beautiful voice

Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

PS - I was briefly in Italy two months ago (tour).
    You're lucky to live in such a lovely place.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Collin wrote:
    You played with Captain Beefheart :eek: that's not "a guy", he's a musical genius! I'm listening to A carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond right now... it's wonderful!

I guess Beefheart isn't a "guy". He's an "interplanetary waves from space receiving type of being"! :D
    Haha ,,,, I came into the picture out of nowhere. I loved Beefheart in high school in the 60's, and Zappa, and all the "out there" music. When I got out of college I was doing research on fish in a river in Minneapolis and came upon my friend, who I hadn't seen for a while. He was a roadie for Beefheart, and they were sitting on the side of the river chilling out.

They just lost their one of the guitar players and they were looking for one to complete the tour, and my friend said,,,,, "THAT guy, Bob,,,, may be able to do it". So I auditioned,,,,,,,, and there went my Environmental Science degree out the window, and I was in a stinky bus with my first tour ever, and it was with Captain Beefheart! That was like,,,, late '75 and '76. I replaced a guitar player named Slippery Eel Hat, or something like that. :D

I was one of at LEAST 10,000 guitar players who passed through the Magic Band. Haha,,, I was the first guitarist after the "Tragic band" years of 1974 and 75.
    It's too bad he didn't get the acclaim and respect THEN that he does now. He is amazing. He could improvise the most amazing strings of words on stage and his voice can cover quite a few octaves, and there is also no way that you can look into his eyes and know what's going on in that head!
    That band was wild to play with. When we were playing a headline show then the Beefheart fans would LOVE the show.
    Even crazier though, was in the outdoor festivals. I remember one in England where Pink Floyd was the final night act, and we were on in the afternoon and there were a couple of bands after us, and it wasn't an audience the knew Captain Beefheart music.
    The look of horror on people's faces was pretty priceless! :D
    That started me a career for quite a while as an emergency guitarist. I played in quite a few other quirky bands after that, too. That seemed to be my niche in guitar life.
    Haha,,, and I'm not the only one on the message pit here, who played with him!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I think you're one of three people in the world that ever heard of that one! :D

I think they started on that one right after tour. Some of the material that went into that one was from the tour, but I never recorded with him. Frankly, I suck in the studio!
    I was in the era right after what was called the Tragic Band. The Tragic Band, so to speak, was a little softer than the hard edged stuff from Strictly Personal, and Trout Mask and all. He officially disclaimed the soft stuff and didn't want to do it anymore, so i was playing more of all that polyrhythmic offbeat stuff. Great fun, but intense to concentrate on,,,, but that was the music I played in the basement when I was growing up.
    Part of the tour was opening for Zappa, and Don,,,, (The Captain) would sing with Zappa's band after we played. The same tour that Zappa's "Bongo Fury" came out, if you ever heard that one.
    Be kind, man
  • Yep, I'm a Don fan. I'm one of the three. :D And I know Bongo Fury. There's some kind of, er, now- taper-friendly (and ex-unfriendly) boot from the tour, banging about on sugarmegs, from March 1975, I think:

(Goes and looks)

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/sugaree/frankzappa1975-05-23captainbeefheart.wma

That link works after 5pm, Eastern time, I think, up until 9am.

Are you on that, Bob, in any shape or form? I know that's Frank, but I'll dig deeper for some Don. :)
  • Yep, I'm a Don fan. I'm one of the three. :D And I know Bongo Fury. There's some kind of, er, now- taper-friendly (and ex-unfriendly) boot from the tour, banging about on sugarmegs, from March 1975, I think:

(Goes and looks)

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/sugaree/frankzappa1975-05-23captainbeefheart.wma

That link works after 5pm, Eastern time, I think, up until 9am.

Are you on that, Bob, in any shape or form? :)

I clicked the link and it's downloading. I love that site! If it's Frank Zappa playing and Beefheart singing,,,, and May, then I was there, but not playing. We would have opened with the Magic Band, but then Beefheart played in Zappa's show, too.
    Zappa had REAL musicians in his band! I was probably backstage wondering how the hell I had any business being there! :D They were definitely way out of my league, but that's the best way to learn fast!

Edit:
    No,,,, I wasn't at that one. I picked up with Beefheart in about Septemberish of 75. I was graduating from college when that was being played! :D
    haha,,, there might be a Beefheart bootleg I was on, though. I'm downloading it now. The dates seem kind of iffy on some of those,,,, but then those were some hazy years!

Ok, but this is about Eva7 and HER voice and her music, which I have on right now, and it's so great! :D

Go Eva!!!!! :D

edit again for the 20th time! :D
    Ok, Fins,,,,, I found one!
    http://tela.sugarmegs.org/boxofrain/captainbeefheart1975-11-22.wma
    It won't work until later tonight.

That was definitely me,,, and the prior month october show. Some slide and mostly rhythm and damn that was a challenge when we were both playing slide! Haha,,,,, wow,,,, that brings me back!
    Oh man did I sound bad! Rough quality as it probably was some tripping guy with a tape recorder, but it sounds better than it usually did on stage! I never realized we were that scary! :D
    That is definitely "Avant Garde"
    Be kind, man
    Haha,,, and I'm not the only one on the message pit here, who played with him!

Amazing story. I wish I was good at something so some awesome band or musical genius would take me on tour :D

I can't even make smoothies, right now I'm eating a whole bowl filled with chunks of all kinds of fruit and probably drank a gallon of ice cold milk. :D

I love the whole zany music scene, I have a carrot is as close ... on cd but haven't got anything else by Beefheart. My cousin is a big fan though and has quite a nice collection, mostly Zappa though.

Has anyone seen Zappa Plays Zappa? I wonder if they'll be touring again, I'd like to check it out...

Nice link Finsbury!

Anyway I think we all know this thread is about Eva and her beautiful voice and I think we can agree that you (Bob) should fly over to Italy so you two can play together and tour in Belgium :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední