anyone willing to listen to me?

Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Sorry, these 4 songs are in italian... in the future I will post also stuff in english..........

http://www.myspace.com/stoikaestinta
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Uh,,,,, kind of like:

Amazing! :D

I love your voice! It's beautiful and it weaves so nicely along with the guitar and melody.
    I have to run out to work now, but I'm glad I saw this and I'll listen to them all later.

Go Eva!! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I love your voice! It's beautiful and it weaves so nicely along with the guitar and melody.
    I have to run out to work now, but I'm glad I saw this and I'll listen to them all later.

wow! thanks so much, I didnt expect such a great compliment!
    Love, Eva
  • Lovely stuff, Eva! I'll send you a request. I'll be http://www.myspace.com/finsburytunes, by the way. :)
  • Eva7Eva7 Posts: 226
    Lovely stuff, Eva! I'll send you a request. I'll be http://www.myspace.com/finsburytunes, by the way. :)

Great! I just did it, I just sent you the request ;)
  • Holy crap, you wrote these?
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
    Holy crap, you wrote these?

...is it a bad thing?
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    very nice!

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Great stuff Eva. I like it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Definately indie.

If you give a shit, I can pass it on to some buddies.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Wow, you are amazing. Loved them. Are you putting out a record? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • taratara Posts: 293
    pretty awsome, are you playing one of the instruments too?
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
    Definately indie.

If you give a shit, I can pass it on to some buddies.

It's a pleasure to share! Thanks you all for sharing, it is a real gift to me!!! :)
    wolfbear wrote:
    Wow, you are amazing. Loved them. Are you putting out a record? :)

I am finishing recording 15 tracks, I am actually unsigned but I have a few interesting contacts..... hope it will work out.
    tara wrote:
    pretty awsome, are you playing one of the instruments too?

In the recordings, I played guitars and bass. My boyfriend also helped with some bass and drums. I am just starting a band these days.

Thanks so much for sharing and all your nice words, folk :)
    Much Love, Eva
  • I gotta love anyone who has even HEARD of Sainkho Namtchylak, let alone be an influence! :D I saw her sing in Europe once. Now THERE'S a one of a kind!

Eva, I just listened through all four, and they sound great. I know I never liked to be compared to others in any band I was ever in, but your voice is sometimes reminiscent of Grace Slick in the original days of Jefferson Airplane. (I would say "Old" stuff, but I bought Surrealistic Pillow when it came out. ) :) That's a compliment, because I love their original stuff and her voice had amazing power.

I like hearing it in Italian, too. I love listening to Italian voice even though I can barely understand it.

Ciao!

I'll listen through again, too.
    Be kind, man

Eva, I just listened through all four, and they sound great. I know I never liked to be compared to others in any band I was ever in, but your voice is sometimes reminiscent of Grace Slick in the original days of Jefferson Airplane. (I would say "Old" stuff, but I bought Surrealistic Pillow when it came out. ) :) That's a compliment, because I love their original stuff and her voice had amazing power.

I like hearing it in Italian, too. I love listening to Italian voice even though I can barely understand it.

Ciao!

I'll listen through again, too.

Hey, who's, thanks! Someone else also told me about the similarity with Grace Slick, it's weird because I can't see it though, eheh
    by the way, yes, it is a HUGE compliment!!! :)

and what do you play?
  • Eva7 wrote:
    Hey, who's, thanks! Someone else also told me about the similarity with Grace Slick, it's weird because I can't see it though, eheh
    by the way, yes, it is a HUGE compliment!!! :)

and what do you play?

One example is the very first line in the last song. Your soft voice sounds Slick-like.

I'm a guitar player. haha,,, well, I WAS a touring guitar player for years. I used to get hired by bands or singers putting together a band for the road. Now my main gig is once a month in an art gallery down the street, playing "art gallery music". I just play whatever I want to match what is on display that month. Usually experiment with loops and delays and goofing around and people sometimes actually think I know what I'm doing!
    I do it for free, so they can't fire me! :)
    Be kind, man

I'm a guitar player. haha,,, well, I WAS a touring guitar player for years. I used to get hired by bands or singers putting together a band for the road. Now my main gig is once a month in an art gallery down the street, playing "art gallery music". I just play whatever I want to match what is on display that month. Usually experiment with loops and delays and goofing around and people sometimes actually think I know what I'm doing!
    I do it for free, so they can't fire me! :)

what the hell, I need a touring guitarist badly and I wouldn't fire him!!!!
    too bad we're so far away!!!
    but why did you quit working with bands?
  • Eva7 wrote:
    what the hell, I need a touring guitarist badly and I wouldn't fire him!!!!
    too bad we're so far away!!!
    but why did you quit working with bands?

Hmm,,, I was just in India for 5 weeks. I put a bunch of pics up on AET. Being in India makes Italy seem close! :D

I guess there are a few reasons I don't work on tour anymore.

1.) It got a bit old. If the artist was out on tour for 6 months, they would finish their tour, but I would have to pick up another job somewhere, so I was being on the road all the time. Not bad mind you, because there was nothing like walking out and that 2 or 3 hours of playing, but the in between was tougher and tougher.

2.) A few of the artists died on me! :(
    One guy, one of my first tours in the 70's, a guy named Captain Beefheart, went into seclusion. I only went with him for a year, anyway,but that got me started.
    Then I used to be a good emergency guitarist. I'd go with bands that had a partial breakup. That was kind of fun because they were always happy to see me, even if I did screw up! :D

3.) I got old! :) well, I got sick and had pretty nasty cancer about 6 or so years ago, but haha,,,, I seem to have survived it so far.

4th and REAL reason :D,,,, haha,,, I'm starting to suck at guitar! I should really be playing more, but I definitely lost a step. I've been playing a lot again, though.

Hmm, I love Italy! When do you think you would tour? :D
    Be kind, man

agreeed!

actually sorta reminds me of the voice of the singer from the band the cranberries...similar feeling to it...and i LOVE it!

beautiful music eva!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Hmm,,, I was just in India for 5 weeks. I put a bunch of pics up on AET. Being in India makes Italy seem close! :D

I guess there are a few reasons I don't work on tour anymore.

1.) It got a bit old. If the artist was out on tour for 6 months, they would finish their tour, but I would have to pick up another job somewhere, so I was being on the road all the time. Not bad mind you, because there was nothing like walking out and that 2 or 3 hours of playing, but the in between was tougher and tougher.

2.) A few of the artists died on me! :(
    One guy, one of my first tours in the 70's, a guy named Captain Beefheart, went into seclusion. I only went with him for a year, anyway,but that got me started.
    Then I used to be a good emergency guitarist. I'd go with bands that had a partial breakup. That was kind of fun because they were always happy to see me, even if I did screw up! :D

3.) I got old! :) well, I got sick and had pretty nasty cancer about 6 or so years ago, but haha,,,, I seem to have survived it so far.

4th and REAL reason :D,,,, haha,,, I'm starting to suck at guitar! I should really be playing more, but I definitely lost a step. I've been playing a lot again, though.

Hmm, I love Italy! When do you think you would tour? :D

wow....... I bet you must have a bunch of stories to tell!!!
    Hey, but first of all..... you're never too old for music!!! have you seen Wim Wender's movie "Buena Vista Social Club"? Average age of the band members: 80!!! ahaha
    and I don't believe you when you say you're no longer good at guitar!!!! it is just matter of practise and passion!!!
    ...I can understand the health problem though.... awch, but I am very happy to hear it's all over, that's a real great thing!
    I hug you, and if you love Italy you should come over sometimes ;)
    agreeed!

actually sorta reminds me of the voice of the singer from the band the cranberries...similar feeling to it...and i LOVE it!

beautiful music eva!

Thank you so much! Thanks so much for sharing, my friend :)
  • Eva7 wrote:
    wow....... I bet you must have a bunch of stories to tell!!!
    Hey, but first of all..... you're never too old for music!!! have you seen Wim Wender's movie "Buena Vista Social Club"? Average age of the band members: 80!!! ahaha
    and I don't believe you when you say you're no longer good at guitar!!!! it is just matter of practise and passion!!!
    ...I can understand the health problem though.... awch, but I am very happy to hear it's all over, that's a real great thing!
    I hug you, and if you love Italy you should come over sometimes ;)

Yeah, I guess I have stories! :D

I LOVE Italy. So I ended up playing last night. I have some really good friends, The California Guitar Trio. ( cgtrio.com ) I sat in with them last night for a few songs that we used to play years ago. (I guess that would have made them the Guitar Quattro!)
    I guess with a good kick in the butt and all those people looking on, you remember how to play pretty damn fast! :D
    They JUST came back to the states the other day, from a tour in Italy, and were all jet lagged and loving Italy. Maybe you even saw them. They are amazing.

Yup, I love the Buena Vista and all the other CD's that Rueben Gonzales and Oscar Cachaito Lopez and crew did after. If you want to check out a GREAT guitar album,,, look up Mambo Sinuendo. It was Manuel Galban from the Buena Vista and Ry Cooder and it's impossible not to love that CD. He's a genius, and he did such a great job with those guys in Cuba. :cool:
    Be kind, man

I LOVE Italy. So I ended up playing last night. I have some really good friends, The California Guitar Trio. ( cgtrio.com ) I sat in with them last night for a few songs that we used to play years ago. (I guess that would have made them the Guitar Quattro!)
    I guess with a good kick in the butt and all those people looking on, you remember how to play pretty damn fast! :D
    They JUST came back to the states the other day, from a tour in Italy, and were all jet lagged and loving Italy. Maybe you even saw them. They are amazing.

Yup, I love the Buena Vista and all the other CD's that Rueben Gonzales and Oscar Cachaito Lopez and crew did after. If you want to check out a GREAT guitar album,,, look up Mambo Sinuendo. It was Manuel Galban from the Buena Vista and Ry Cooder and it's impossible not to love that CD. He's a genius, and he did such a great job with those guys in Cuba. :cool:

you mean Ry Cooder? wow, I love him! and thanks for the album suggestion!!!

Hey, great that you played with the guitar quattro last night, ahah!
    doesn't it feel great when you are on stage again??? I think it's the best feeling ever.... don't you feel, when you play, that you could just live and die for that, and that in that moment you're just THAT THING.... you know what I mean?!
    Sorry I didn't see the calif three, I was actually at bed with flu since a while, and it is not over yet!!! :(
    I just can wish you to have more good nights like last night, my friend!!!!
  • Eva7 wrote:
    you mean Ry Cooder? wow, I love him! and thanks for the album suggestion!!!

Hey, great that you played with the guitar quattro last night, ahah!
    doesn't it feel great when you are on stage again??? I think it's the best feeling ever.... don't you feel, when you play, that you could just live and die for that, and that in that moment you're just THAT THING.... you know what I mean?!
    Sorry I didn't see the calif three, I was actually at bed with flu since a while, and it is not over yet!!! :(
    I just can wish you to have more good nights like last night, my friend!!!!

Thanks.

I've known those guys for years. We studied with Robert Fripp in the mid 80's, and they've been together ever since. I like working under pressure. With those guys, I REALLY have to concentrate because they play tuned to C,G,D,A,E,G. That was the Fripp tuning and they still use it. That makes my fretboard memory brain cells wake up. :D

Ry Cooder is tops. He holds an amazing history of music in his head!

Hope you feel better soon, Eva!

Oh, and this thread is about YOU!!!!

here's that link again, folks!

:D
    Be kind, man

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    Thanks.

I've known those guys for years. We studied with Robert Fripp in the mid 80's, and they've been together ever since. I like working under pressure. With those guys, I REALLY have to concentrate because they play tuned to C,G,D,A,E,G. That was the Fripp tuning and they still use it. That makes my fretboard memory brain cells wake up. :D

Ry Cooder is tops. He holds an amazing history of music in his head!

Hope you feel better soon, Eva!

Oh, and this thread is about YOU!!!!

here's that link again, folks!

:D

ahah, no, it's just about sharing our love for music!!! ;)

I can't believe you studied with Robert Fripp??? ok, I am just speachless now!!! so, here we're basically talking to someone who is actually A PIECE of the music history... YOU!!!!! :D
    Added. :)

thanks for sending me your ms request, honey!!! :)
  • Eva7 wrote:
    ahah, no, it's just about sharing our love for music!!! ;)

I can't believe you studied with Robert Fripp??? ok, I am just speachless now!!! so, here we're basically talking to someone who is actually A PIECE of the music history... YOU!!!!! :D

Haha :O Well, I STUDIED with a piece of music history, but that doesn't make ME a piece. :)
    I am on a recording of the League of Crafty Guitarists, but haha,,, you'll never know I was in there. I guess my main history seems to be that I never got kicked out of a band, anyway! :D

Actually YOU are more of a piece of history because you wrote some cool music! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Grace Slick is a great comparison, but i also heard a littel Bjork and Sinead O'Connor. Who i think have amazing voices and control.
    Lots of luck & success to you!
    Ciao Bella!
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    Eva7 wrote:
    Sorry, these 4 songs are in italian... in the future I will post also stuff in english..........

Eva I'd love to but I can't get on myspace at work. Can you email me the mp3's?