playing a b chord

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Pacomc79
    This is true. but it'd give us a good reason for a raft trip huh?

I'll bring the coconut liquor.

I'm ready! It's cold here! Winter came.
    We'll be a National Geographic special. A raft of reeds just to go pick up lost luggage! A modern day Kon Tiki with a couple of guitar amps on board.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    We'll be a National Geographic special. A raft of reeds just to go pick up lost luggage! A modern day Kon Tiki with a couple of guitar amps on board.

THey could even shoot it in Imax. In that case. I'll need a couple dozen more speaker cabinets.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Hopefully, Puremagic will be along, but we have to learn to duck with her left handed righty guitar!

But then again, it's below the equator, so maybe we're Leftys down there!

Exhausted's tab will be right handed down there
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I say we go for an uplugged session...
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    how the hell am i tabbing left-handed? the bass string's on top. it always is.

Euuuhhh, no it's not. At least not on giventowail and all the tabsites I frequent.
    THey could even shoot it in Imax. In that case. I'll need a couple dozen more speaker cabinets.

He he he... sucker...

I finally got my quartet of Weber 10" speakers yesterday... I loaded the cabinet late last night, but I haven't had the chance to plug in yet. Neighbors and all, you know...

I now have a Marshall 4x10" cabinet loaded with vintage Celestion ceramics and a Crate 4x10" cabinet loaded with vintage Weber alnico's. After Christmas, I'll have two custom-built 2x10" cabinets loaded with Crate ceramic speakers. And every cabinet will be at 8 ohms! That alone is worth it...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Oh, and exhausted... dude... you are most definitely tabbing upside down from what I've always read, and I've read a lot of tab. Where's Rick? He'd settle this in a second...

My version of a G-major chord (open):
    E--3--
    B--0--
    G--0--
    D--0--
    A--2--
    E--3--

Your version:
    E--3--
    A--2--
    D--0--
    G--0--
    B--0--
    E--3--

I'm always used to seeing the high strings down to the bass strings. Damned lefties... always messing me up...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    He he he... sucker...

I finally got my quartet of Weber 10" speakers yesterday... I loaded the cabinet late last night, but I haven't had the chance to plug in yet. Neighbors and all, you know...

I now have a Marshall 4x10" cabinet loaded with vintage Celestion ceramics and a Crate 4x10" cabinet loaded with vintage Weber alnico's. After Christmas, I'll have two custom-built 2x10" cabinets loaded with Crate ceramic speakers. And every cabinet will be at 8 ohms! That alone is worth it...

Now you just need to figure out how to mic it!

Sounds really cool. I bet it looks cool too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hmmm. whatdayaknow.

there really should be no difference between left-handed and right-handed for tab. chord charts, yes. tab no. i was just doing things ass backwards. coco montoya style or something.
    Now you just need to figure out how to mic it!

Sounds really cool. I bet it looks cool too.

Shure Beta 52 and Shure SM57 on two speakers in the Marshall. Shure KSM 32 and Sennheiser MD421 on two speakers in the Crate.

The coolest view of the Crate is the backside with the lid off... those four beautiful vintage-blue alnico housings... feel some Sir Mix-A-Lot coming on... "I like big butts and I cannot lie... you otha brothas can't deny..."