Options

my wife is a bit on the short side so I'm wondering..

2»

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    I actually enjoyed sitting at the Mansfield acoustic pre-set. However, lighting up a spliff was nice as well.

I can't imagine I'll get away with that at the Boston Opera Hose :)
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Cosmo wrote:
    Yeah... i was all jumping up and down and screaming and going ape-shit during 'Dead Man'... man. It was rad.. because i'm so rad.
    Well... actually... i was having a seizure brought on by that food poisoning. Never eat the day old sushi from the discount sushi place, regardless of what a great deal it is.

Ouch...
  • Options
    PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
    I'm just wondering how'd you feel if your wife posted with the subject:

my husband is a bit on the short side so I'm wondering...

Something tells me there would be a lot more male interest in this thread!
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    they tried to make me sit in san fran balcony for pj and i told the guard its my ticket that i paid for ill stand if i choose
    that's just plain ridiculous....nobody can be expected to sit thru a full on PJ show! ed shows make sense to sit though....i remember everybody standing for hard sun though, and i was standing singing loud for porch in santa cruz :) folksa round me were calmer in berkeley so when porch came on i just hopped in my seat a lot lol
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea i get that,,but i mean really how can one expect to sit at a show?

and say one doesn't want to sit?

they tried to make me sit in san fran balcony for pj and i told the guard its my ticket that i paid for ill stand if i choose

I was told to sit down as well in San Fran. I refused, and was then told that if I wanted to stand then I "need to learn an instrument and join the band on stage if I want to be up."

What the fuck?! Really? I then had beer thrown on me a little bit after that by the same guy.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    I was told to sit down as well in San Fran. I refused, and was then told that if I wanted to stand then I "need to learn an instrument and join the band on stage if I want to be up."

What the fuck?! Really? I then had beer thrown on me a little bit after that by the same guy.

Hahah what the hell? That's such bullshit! Sorry that guy's such an asshole
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    alexers wrote:
    Hahah what the hell? That's such bullshit! Sorry that guy's such an asshole

Haha yeah I was quite amazed at the behavior of some people. Especially someone older trying to pick a fight. I was just like, wow, I know some jr high kids that wouldn't even take something that far to try and start a fight.

Thanks though, and yeah there were quite a few arrogant assholes there for the few nights I was there. It's all laugh worthy now two years later. He also slipped walking down the stairs slipping on his beer.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    are some of you 5 years old? This is Eddie Vedder with his guitar...thats it...in venues that are basically small opera houses...this isn't a rock concert...im not saying that I wouldn't want to stand at some point but you should have the common sense to realize the content of the show you are going to see and what is expected...and believe me I will throw a beer on you if you stand in front of me when 99% of the audience is seated, including the performer who also asks this favor.

Can't do it?

Pearl Jam will tour next year
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Haha yeah I was quite amazed at the behavior of some people. Especially someone older trying to pick a fight. I was just like, wow, I know some jr high kids that wouldn't even take something that far to try and start a fight.

Thanks though, and yeah there were quite a few arrogant assholes there for the few nights I was there. It's all laugh worthy now two years later. He also slipped walking down the stairs slipping on his beer.

He deserved it :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    it is scary how many people dont understand the difference between an intimate acoustic concert and a full blown rock concert

it is amazing people actually think everyone stands for an entire ev show?

when in rome folks