This is why I buy BJF

2»

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    hey didn't i just ask you for a phaser recommendation.
    what took you so long to spit out this info?

:D

Cause they are no longer made and they are sold out :(

Pac, you are right on with the Jimi statement. His hands were pure magic. Ever hear him on an acoustic?

I think when people are looking for tone or are on a tone quest they need to sit down and think what application they are trying to get their tone out of. Trying to get plexi tone at bedrooms levels just ain't gone happen. You can get close but never close enough for us geeks. I can't wait for the day I own enough property that I can buy a 100 watt plexi and crank it. I guess I would by a twin and a bassman a well. So many great amps with classic tones just don't fit into the bedroom :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    Cause they are no longer made and they are sold out :(

Pac, you are right on with the Jimi statement. His hands were pure magic. Ever hear him on an acoustic?

I think when people are looking for tone or are on a tone quest they need to sit down and think what application they are trying to get their tone out of. Trying to get plexi tone at bedrooms levels just ain't gone happen. You can get close but never close enough for us geeks. I can't wait for the day I own enough property that I can buy a 100 watt plexi and crank it. I guess I would by a twin and a bassman a well. So many great amps with classic tones just don't fit into the bedroom :)

yeah, and the neighbors and roomies just don't understand that....Or the childlike glee that comes across your face when the planets align and it just rings out.....even going from a 1x12 combo to a big 4x12 and laying a big full ballsy powerful run down just feels like heaven. One day I hope to at least put a decent bar band toegther, so I can terrorize the audience and the sound guy playing far far too loud!!

I think there's some acoustic jimi on that blues album. My buddy just bought the vinyls off of jimi's site. I'll be getting them too, because they are 200 gram weight vinyl. They will sound phenominal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i just watched the videos for the Green Distortion, Baby Plue, and the Pink Purple Fuzz

i think im in love
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The honey bee sounds sweet. I heard some radio frequencies coming through on the vibe samples at Musictoyz.

As for tubes, I used to spend insane amounts of money on tubes until I realized that changing a few resistor values has a much more significant impact on tone than switching out tubes. Tubes do affect tone, but nowhere near as much as switching out components inthe circuit. I look at tubes like I look at salt and pepper on a dinner table. Why spend tons on salt and pepper when you can change the steak for a lot less money? :)
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    i just watched the videos for the Green Distortion, Baby Plue, and the Pink Purple Fuzz

i think im in love

:)
    It is all down hill from here LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board