Hey, Pearl Jam pays attention. Check it out.

2»

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the XTs are worlds above the old pods. i think you'd probably like it.
  • I think I'll go find one.
    I'm looking for something that's easy to use and it looks pretty good and diverse, which it looks like it is. I've made the move to Apple,, so maybe I'll finally get music into a computer! :)
    It figures that I just got rid of a Roland JC120, which would be a good clean amp for it, but I can drum something up. The DRRI probably.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Telesonic - Would still be happy to record clips for you! PM if interested...

Bob - I'd kindly propose the PodXT Live:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=42/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/150394/

And if you need an amp for it:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=42/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/600454/

(Although a JC would've been a nice match, as well)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I think I'll go find one.
    I'm looking for something that's easy to use and it looks pretty good and diverse, which it looks like it is. I've made the move to Apple,, so maybe I'll finally get music into a computer! :)
    It figures that I just got rid of a Roland JC120, which would be a good clean amp for it, but I can drum something up. The DRRI probably.

Hey bob, check out the new atomic amps slave for the pod (or insert your modeller here. It's a tube power amp mated to the pod preamp. pretty cool.

I bet you'd dig the line 6 duoverb amp as well.

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/amps/atomicamps.php

http://www.line6.com/duoverb/features.htm
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Wow, Atomic finally got everything together, eh?

I'd like to try one out...

Of course, you could always just get a JBL Eon.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Wow, Atomic finally got everything together, eh?

I'd like to try one out...

Of course, you could always just get a JBL Eon.

or an audio engineer, a tube preamp 40,000 watts and 72 EAW loudspeakers eh? :D

yeah they finally did it. I wonder if Line 6 is cooking that up.

The next Duoverb should be exactly like that. The best amp they've made that no one bought.

I'm gonna have to break down and buy an XT or an XT live eventually too. Strait in to the Mbox is just too easy not to.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    exhausted - features will still be the same. volume, speed, depth knobs. circuitry is improved a bit. i reworked the output mixer/buffer of the phase 90 circuit to better handle hot signals and mix the wet/dry signals properly. I know people say the phase 90 can distort with humbuckers. especially on the reissue with r28 because it increases the gain of the phase signal. i've found its because of the poor biasing and mixing at the output transistor. its drives the transistor into distortion. the price will go up slightly because of the custom case, custom paint, aluminum knobs, metal jacks, and a few more components. also, added build time. since i'm only selling direct though, i want to keep the price down. i was thinking $159.95. and in terms of making the uniphase switchable, it can be done. it would require a 4PDT toggle switch (expensive), but the problem is that bias trimpot inside needs to be adjusted a bit to make the depth knob fully usuable between the two settings. I guess a pot could be added externally. something i might try later. for now, i'll focus on having the two seperate models. Same build basically, except for the four capacitor values.

bob - nice to see you man! my #1 customer...literally. haha. I need you to PM me your home address. I thought I had it saved somewhere, but I lost it. There's something I want to send you.

mig - clips would be great! i'd definitely like to get a phaser and uniphase off to you for recordings. sometime soon, i'll let you know.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i look forward to hearing clips of the uniphase version for sure.
    exhausted wrote:
    i look forward to hearing clips of the uniphase version for sure.

ditto. sounds, really really cool.