Hey, Pearl Jam pays attention. Check it out.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Howdy ya'll from Sunny and 75 Degrees Oklahoma! There is still about 4 more people that can squeeze into the next batch of Nova Wah effects pedals due out April 15th-ish. The New Keeley Compressor with attack control is a Hit! Pearl Jam just got 2, and Check out the 2 pedals Steve Vai got on the TS9DX FLEXI-4x2 page! -Robert Keeley.

Ha. A little loud unsquashed compression and some fat solos on the next tour, kick ass.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    oh how i wish the one i had included attack control. that really would have helped.

i still love my maxon CP-101. the attack just suited me better.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    oh how i wish the one i had included attack control. that really would have helped.

i still love my maxon CP-101. the attack just suited me better.

I'm still wanting a tone press, parallel compression is essentially the same thing but kind of like a light attack lots of compression and an added clean. I don't know if you still have the launch pad. I just like David Barbers stuff. Really well constructed for the money.

I just love the name of Mr. Squishy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i'll get another launch pad someday when i'm using the actual amp more. right now it's pods most of the time anyway so the channel blend is moot.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'll get another launch pad someday when i'm using the actual amp more. right now it's pods most of the time anyway so the channel blend is moot.

True, now that the XT is out and I can plug in with a USB cable I kind of want one, it just seems a shamed to not plug in to my orange. It would make recording easier though. I'm going to get one eventually I'm sure. It's too cool not to have.
    i don't even touch the thing (except for the output level). i control everything via the editing software. i love it.

i have my pharoah at the end of my chain for clean boost now. it just stays on all the time.
    exhausted wrote:
    i don't even touch the thing (except for the output level). i control everything via the editing software. i love it.

i have my pharoah at the end of my chain for clean boost now. it just stays on all the time.

what models do you use mostly? I end up loving the boutiques on there a lot it seems. Matchless is just heaven to me.
    the twin reverb, the bassman and the JTM45. all with their "standard" cabinets. those are my favourites.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    frampton probably showed them the way. har har. i just want to know if mike got my overdrive. hell, i handed it to kelly curtis in grand rapids. hope he didn’t just toss it to the side or anything. would be cool to spot it on mike’s board next tour.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Telesonic wrote:
    frampton probably showed them the way. har har. i just want to know if mike got my overdrive. hell, i handed it to kelly curtis in grand rapids. hope he didn’t just toss it to the side or anything. would be cool to spot it on mike’s board next tour.

definately. cool story. At least maybe see it in some studio shots or something. Kelly probably took it home for himself :D

nice models ex, some of my favorites too. Does it do a 59 bassman 4x10? I think so, can't remember.
    yes, it's the original 4x10 bassman.
    exhausted wrote:
    yes, it's the original 4x10 bassman.

I love that amp now, I absolutely adore the lacquered tweed new model looks and sound, I just wish it had an opto bias tremolo, but I'm going to fix that with a wiggler anyway.

do you use headphones mostly or you must have very clean monitors I guess.

How does the edit software work.....pretty much basic stuff right just the representation on the computer and you can adjust it right? Kind of like protools except you have the models right there?

The SBV combined with that would be perfect, although I'd probably ruin stuff with too much layering and too many effects.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    definately. cool story. At least maybe see it in some studio shots or something. Kelly probably took it home for himself :D

ha. maybe he did. i actually talked to mike's tech, jeff, before the st. louis show as he was setting up mike's gear on stage. i told him about my pedal and asked if mike had gotten it from kelly. he said he hadn't seen it at all but would ask kelly about it. he was really interested, asked me some questions about it, and said they'd try it out and maybe use it the next night in asheville. so at least he knew about it. he also gave me a couple of mike's picks.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I love that amp now, I absolutely adore the lacquered tweed new model looks and sound, I just wish it had an opto bias tremolo, but I'm going to fix that with a wiggler anyway.

do you use headphones mostly or you must have very clean monitors I guess.

How does the edit software work.....pretty much basic stuff right just the representation on the computer and you can adjust it right? Kind of like protools except you have the models right there?

The SBV combined with that would be perfect, although I'd probably ruin stuff with too much layering and too many effects.

i plug the pod into my mbox and take the headphones from there.

the edit software is pretty visual and intuitive. boxes for amp/cabinet/microphone selection with pull down menus and knobs. boxes and settings for the gate and compressor and then boxes and pull downs for the gain/modulation/delay/reverb effects and a box for the 4band EQ. it's all realtime and really fucking brilliant. much easier than surfing through the menus on the pod itself.

http://customtone.com/FAQ.html#editVideo

and now that the pods are easily updated (flash instead of the chip) they can tweak things easily. the version 2 of the xt software is just a simple download.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Howdy ya'll from Sunny and 75 Degrees Oklahoma! There is still about 4 more people that can squeeze into the next batch of Nova Wah effects pedals due out April 15th-ish. The New Keeley Compressor with attack control is a Hit! Pearl Jam just got 2, and Check out the 2 pedals Steve Vai got on the TS9DX FLEXI-4x2 page! -Robert Keeley.

Ha. A little loud unsquashed compression and some fat solos on the next tour, kick ass.

Keeley makes a good pedal for those who are impatient and for those who can't read :)
    Do 15 mins of research and you will find out what the real story is behind the comp. Check out Analogman's Bi-comp and Teese's F*ck Keeley Comp, for the best ross comps out there. For those who like OS, check out PEdalwork and Janglebox.
    The bi-comp is the best of both worlds which is why there is a 1 year waiting list.
    I am sure Mike's Ross just blew up on him if he found the need to replace it. Keeley is nothing special IMO.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    actually, that video shows the old version of the software i think. it's much better now.
    JofZ wrote:
    Keeley makes a good pedal for those who are impatient and for those who can't read :)
    Do 15 mins of research and you will find out what the real story is behind the comp. Check out Analogman's Bi-comp and Teese's F*ck Keeley Comp, for the best ross comps out there. For those who like OS, check out PEdalwork and Janglebox.
    The bi-comp is the best of both worlds which is why there is a 1 year waiting list.
    I am sure Mike's Ross just blew up on him if he found the need to replace it. Keeley is nothing special IMO.

you say this as if I can't read...... :D

The Bi-comp has had a year waiting list for 3 strait years. I'm a big OS fan myself. The keeley certainly dosen't suck though. I think Teese is upset with Keeley for the wah mods. Keely has just got a lot of pub in magazines.

Hell, Telesonic (Shannon Effects) has some damn nice stuff too if you've tried it.

Still, for whatever reason, David Barbers stuff just fits my sound perfectly at the moment.
    JofZ wrote:
    Do 15 mins of research and you will find out what the real story is behind the comp.

so what exactly is the "real story" behind his comp? the guy has great customer service, which is what has helped make him so popular. as a fellow pedal builder, i respect his work. and try my comp if you want a great OS.
    Telesonic wrote:
    so what exactly is the "real story" behind his comp? the guy has great customer service, which is what has helped make him so popular. as a fellow pedal builder, i respect his work. and try my comp if you want a great OS.

You have a nice following, there are some guys asking for your peds on musictoyz forum, you might want to check it out. Your phaser is still on a lot of guys GAS list.
    Any way, I hate the Keeley issue and it pisses me off, but I am a huge supporter of Analogman and the way I see it is as follows. Keeley saw Mike having problems delivering a product, so he stepped in, and literally took business away. Right, wrong, factual or not, this is the story that I have read and heard a zillion times. The fact that Teese and Analogman are good buddies and the new Teese Comp carries the coincidental acronym makes you wonder, actually the beans were spilled in a 25 page thread on numerous forums.
    Now all this being said doesn't take anything away from Keeley and his product line, I would just like people to do a little research before they shell out cash for something. It is kinda funny how every product Keeley offers was in Mikes catalog.
    Keeley is a great marketer, something Mike doesn't do or see the need to do, his website says it all. I put Keeley in the same camp as Fulltone. They know what it takes to run a business and the magazines are more then happy to do product reviews on their stuff because they are paying for them. Anyone can have the stamp of approcal from Guitar Player if you will shell out the bucks.
    Dave Barber is a class act, and everyone should buy his stuff, he helped me for no reason. He makes high quality stuff at a price that is beyond affordable.
    Thats my 2 cents LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Nice Synopsis J makes a lot of sense.
    keeley lost me after the whole "use a TR-2" as a clean boost thing. i'm still laughing at that.

but i'm keeping my modded BD-2.
    exhausted wrote:
    keeley lost me after the whole "use a TR-2" as a clean boost thing. i'm still laughing at that.

but i'm keeping my modded BD-2.

yeah, I like my rat2 as well even though I'm going to sell it since the BD2 is probably more my thing too.

The tremolo boost was really kind of funny. At least Mike decided not to go that way. I think that was, oh, hey we're doing MT-2 mods now and we've got this extra stuff, how about a volume control no....BOOST!!! ( next on fox.... when business development gets out of control!)

He kind of lost me with the wooden pedal line. Fun idea, but really who buys that stuff?
    volume control on any pedal = good.
    marketing as a boost = teehee.

the wooden pedals are a joke to me.

i think he had a good thing going with the java boost, time machine, fuzzhead etc. but kinda of got out of control.
    JofZ wrote:
    You have a nice following, there are some guys asking for your peds on musictoyz forum, you might want to check it out. Your phaser is still on a lot of guys GAS list.
    Any way, I hate the Keeley issue and it pisses me off, but I am a huge supporter of Analogman and the way I see it is as follows. Keeley saw Mike having problems delivering a product, so he stepped in, and literally took business away. Right, wrong, factual or not, this is the story that I have read and heard a zillion times. The fact that Teese and Analogman are good buddies and the new Teese Comp carries the coincidental acronym makes you wonder, actually the beans were spilled in a 25 page thread on numerous forums.
    Now all this being said doesn't take anything away from Keeley and his product line, I would just like people to do a little research before they shell out cash for something. It is kinda funny how every product Keeley offers was in Mikes catalog.
    Keeley is a great marketer, something Mike doesn't do or see the need to do, his website says it all. I put Keeley in the same camp as Fulltone. They know what it takes to run a business and the magazines are more then happy to do product reviews on their stuff because they are paying for them. Anyone can have the stamp of approcal from Guitar Player if you will shell out the bucks.
    Dave Barber is a class act, and everyone should buy his stuff, he helped me for no reason. He makes high quality stuff at a price that is beyond affordable.
    Thats my 2 cents LOL

yeah, i can see things from that point of view. i was certainly aware of analogman's work way before keeley's. great marketing does wonders though. so much respect for a guy like dave barber. awesome pedals at a great price, but i think too many people overlook him because his prices are almost too real, if that makes sense.

so what forums do you normally post on jofz? just curious because i’m almost ready to roll out my new phaser and will probably venture onto some boards. it’s the only pedal i’m going to continue making for now since there has been so much interest. i received a few emails from people on the musictoyz forum actually. the new phaser will be in a custom case I designed, and i’ve improved the circuitry slightly. i’ll be ready to start shipping them out soon, but my powder coater is taking forever. he told me it would be a week or two, but its now been four and he hasn’t returned my phone calls. i’m getting pretty frustrated. i can’t really do much except tell people to wait just a little longer.
    Telesonic wrote:
    yeah, i can see things from that point of view. i was certainly aware of analogman's work way before keeley's. great marketing does wonders though. so much respect for a guy like dave barber. awesome pedals at a great price, but i think too many people overlook him because his prices are almost too real, if that makes sense.

so what forums do you normally post on jofz? just curious because i’m almost ready to roll out my new phaser and will probably venture onto some boards. it’s the only pedal i’m going to continue making for now since there has been so much interest. i received a few emails from people on the musictoyz forum actually. the new phaser will be in a custom case I designed, and i’ve improved the circuitry slightly. i’ll be ready to start shipping them out soon, but my powder coater is taking forever. he told me it would be a week or two, but its now been four and he hasn’t returned my phone calls. i’m getting pretty frustrated. i can’t really do much except tell people to wait just a little longer.

excellent. what's the new one look like and what did you update? Maybe this deserves another thread.

will you be making a flanger/chorus too?

Oh man would that phaser sound good with my Magic Boy (if Sean ever gets back to me.....)
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    excellent. what's the new one look like and what did you update? Maybe this deserves another thread.

ditto.

features & price please?
    Telesonic wrote:

We are on the same page, but I don't think people over look Dave, they just think it is too good to be true. I bet he would sell more pedals if he raised the price a bit.
    I am on musictoyz and gearpages all the time. Both are great forums and have unbiased opinions.
    I keep an eye on your products just because of PJ and this site. I have never responded to anyone because I don't really know you, but I will be more then happy to direct traffic if you give me the go ahead.
    I know people dig your stuff and ask about them all the time. Musictoyz guys speak up about your pedals when asked.
    You should keep making them :)
    I am here to help if I can!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Pacomc79 wrote:

will you be making a flanger/chorus too?

Oh man would that phaser sound good with my Magic Boy (if Sean ever gets back to me.....)

i'll try to post a pic when i get home tonight. it has a 15 degree sloped face and i've moved the input, output, and 9V jack to the rear. i has about the same size footprint as before. just over an inch tall in the front and about 2 1/4 at the back. i want to make something unique than just your standard hammond case. and if you're looking for a vibe, i've got a mod on my phaser that i call the uniphase. i vary the cap ratios in the phase stages to achieve the univibe sound. it sounds badass! i'm probably going to make a few and see what kind of interest people have after i get my phaser rolling. i'll try to get some clips recorded.
    Telesonic wrote:
    i'll try to post a pic when i get home tonight. it has a 15 degree sloped face and i've moved the input, output, and 9V jack to the rear. i has about the same size footprint as before. just over an inch tall in the front and about 2 1/4 at the back. i want to make something unique than just your standard hammond case. and if you're looking for a vibe, i've got a mod on my phaser that i call the uniphase. i vary the cap ratios in the phase stages to achieve the univibe sound. it sounds badass! i'm probably going to make a few and see what kind of interest people have after i get my phaser rolling. i'll try to get some clips recorded.

i want one. badly. the uniphase is the kicker is it's switchable.
    Telesonic wrote:

glorious! excellent move for PB logistics too. having the stuff on the top and using Right angles cleans up stuff for power supply users like myself.
  • Telesonic!! Hey maaaann!

Good to see you around and making pedals!

You don't have any more compressors do you? I'll take one if you do.
    I'm downsizing like anything, but going for things from people I know.
    I'll definitely try a uniphasing thing, too if you make some.

Yeah,, you should have a pedal thread!

Also, all you Line 6 users:

I might break down and go for one. I'm getting rid of all those giant tube amps, because I don't see myself needing them anymore. I don't think I'll be playing out much in the near future, but this old man's going digital! :D
    I played around with a regular pod and it was quite cool. You guys have the XT? It looks good, but there aren't any local here. It sounds like it's worth the road trip to get one.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart