The other side of gibson.....

2»

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    the 59 is the chunkier one.

my standard has a fairly thick neck. same as my les paul so i like it very much.

play a standard and a 61 back to back to get a good feel for the necks.

For some reason I just prefer the slimmer neck that comes on the '61. Just wasn't sure when they introduced that.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    moster78 wrote:
    For some reason I just prefer the slimmer neck that comes on the '61. Just wasn't sure when they introduced that.

That's why there are so many different profiles around. Apples and Oranges, comfort is relative. I believe 1961 was the first year for the SG and that slim fast profile.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    That's why there are so many different profiles around. Apples and Oranges, comfort is relative. I believe 1961 was the first year for the SG and that slim fast profile.

Its all a matter of personal taste. I didn't think I'd take to the slimmer neck, but I surprisingly did. Now if only the neck on last one I played wasn't all sticky from the 100 people that manhandled it before me.