New Reverend Jetstream.

2»

Comments

• 2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

awesome, 6 sets of Boomers works out to about 30 bucks.

go to Musictoyz, and watch thier sample video, then go for it. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • thats the demo i was looking for to refresh my memory

i dont know...i dont know if its what i want or need...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    thats the demo i was looking for to refresh my memory

i dont know...i dont know if its what i want or need...

worse comes to worse, it's not what you want, you still have 6 sets of strings, and you can flip it as new on Ebay for at least 135.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • yeah thats true...im still gonna look around

now the KBD-2 is cleaner?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    yeah thats true...im still gonna look around

now the KBD-2 is cleaner?

at minimum gain yes, at maximum it's got some of the properties of a fuzz face, it also cleans up very well. I never ran it without the very subtle bass boost. (essentially a bit of a fat boost)

compared to a TS9 it does not have that midrange bump in the eq. Turn it on with the volume up and the gain down and you pretty much have a lot more of what you have, a lot bigger, with a great deal of prescence. Cleans up pretty well with the volume knob turned back. It's actually a good #1 or #2 depending on how you set it up, it's very blusey sounding. Modifications by Keeley or Analogman or whoever make a good pedal a very good pedal. It gets very, very loud.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    at minimum gain yes, at maximum it's got some of the properties of a fuzz face, it also cleans up very well. I never ran it without the very subtle bass boost. (essentially a bit of a fat boost)

compared to a TS9 it does not have that midrange bump in the eq. Turn it on with the volume up and the gain down and you pretty much have a lot more of what you have, a lot bigger, with a great deal of prescence. Cleans up pretty well with the volume knob turned back. It's actually a good #1 or #2 depending on how you set it up, it's very blusey sounding. Modifications by Keeley or Analogman or whoever make a good pedal a very good pedal. It gets very, very loud.

ok thanks so much pac!!

maybe i should just ask this...can u just give me some advice on what you think i should do? i mean know you have been on here and you have heard what "type" of sound i am looking for, just wondering what you think
    I think the keeley or Analogman BD2 is a good bet, especially if the parents will get it for you for Christmas because of your not really warming up to the TS9. There are tons of ways you can go though. I think mainly you need to keep an open mind and experiment, because there are a lot of different ways to go. I think the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 would also be a very very good fit for you with your amp too. Given that you already have the TS9 though I might just wait for Christmas, and then stack the TS9 (1) with the KBD-2 (2)
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    I think the keeley or Analogman BD2 is a good bet, especially if the parents will get it for you for Christmas because of your not really warming up to the TS9. There are tons of ways you can go though. I think mainly you need to keep an open mind and experiment, because there are a lot of different ways to go. I think the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 would also be a very very good fit for you with your amp too. Given that you already have the TS9 though I might just wait for Christmas, and then stack the TS9 (1) with the KBD-2 (2)

well right now im just using the ts9 as a boost to give my amp some balls...but i dont need it once i get it past volume 1 1/2 or 2...i dislike the sound of ts9 --> clean

the only reason im thining of not getting the kbd-2 is that you said its very loud...i cant have loud in where im living, i almost blow this place up with a volunme of 1
    well right now im just using the ts9 as a boost to give my amp some balls...but i dont need it once i get it past volume 1 1/2 or 2...i dislike the sound of ts9 --> clean

the only reason im thining of not getting the kbd-2 is that you said its very loud...i cant have loud in where im living, i almost blow this place up with a volunme of 1

It can get very loud, the good thing is actually that it does get very loud. You can keep your master volume relatively low and cascade the KBD-2 and TS9 toegther to get lovely creamy distortion, or you can get fat harmonic goodness with the KBD2.

The other thing you might investigate is a weber MASS (http://www.webervst.com) or a THD Hotplate or even some yellowjackets (http://www.thdelectronics.com) or a Dr Z Airbrake (http://www.drzamps.com) an attenuator will let you crank the amp and get those tones at a lower output volume at the speaker, you'll lose the sound of the speaker at high cone excursion but it's very nice in a controlled volume situation. I've used a minimass for a while.

It can get very loud, the good thing is actually that it does get very loud. You can keep your master volume relatively low and cascade the KBD-2 and TS9 toegther to get lovely creamy distortion, or you can get fat harmonic goodness with the KBD2.

The other thing you might investigate is a weber MASS (http://www.webervst.com) or a THD Hotplate or even some yellowjackets (http://www.thdelectronics.com) or a Dr Z Airbrake (http://www.drzamps.com) an attenuator will let you crank the amp and get those tones at a lower volume.

"Why do I want one?
    Our customers use attenuators because their amps sound good at high volumes, especially with full distortion, but in rehearsal, small clubs, or at home, they can't turn the amp up. They are also used in recording studios for better separation between the instruments, and for use when the speaker sounds best at low levels, or if it can't handle the power output. The Hot Plate® also makes a perfect dummy load."
  • i think what im going to do

is get a regular Boss BD-2 right now...and i can always send it to keeley and he can mod it for me

and ill just ask for a Sonic Distortion and/or Fender Blender for christmas

thanks for all your help Pac!!!
    i think what im going to do

is get a regular Boss BD-2 right now...and i can always send it to keeley and he can mod it for me

and ill just ask for a Sonic Distortion and/or Fender Blender for christmas

thanks for all your help Pac!!!

no problem. sounds like a good idea.