New Reverend Jetstream.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
yep, a new candidate in the mix for next guitar after I finally sell the les Paul

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2005/Reverend-Jetstream-390.html

Beautiful in Black.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79 wrote:
    yep, a new candidate in the mix for next guitar after I finally sell the les Paul

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2005/Reverend-Jetstream-390.html

Beautiful in Black.

She sure is a beauty. nice bridge & pups. its a little like the Jag shape eh.
    very cool.

the chambered body probably makes it one loud ballsy guitar

How much they want for one?
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Spook Fish wrote:
    She sure is a beauty. nice bridge & pups. its a little like the Jag shape eh.
    very cool.

the chambered body probably makes it one loud ballsy guitar

How much they want for one?

sub 500. It should be very resonant with the spruce top but not quite as good as the American Built versions that are only 2 or 300 more.

I like the look and the smaller PG that differs from the American Version. Imagine that thing with Lollars or Fralins or Harmonic Design... damn the torpedos it's already got a wilkinson trem and locking sperzels. That is a quality unit. Make over the electronics and it will be phenominal.

hold the PHONE!!

WOW!!

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/stage_king_series.html
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    lots of cool stuff from reverend... I dig the new finishes too.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    lots of cool stuff from reverend... I dig the new finishes too.

I like the looks of these better than the Americans.

wonder what I can get for the Les Paul. I'd like to think an 87 LP Studio would fetch around 500.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I like the looks of these better than the Americans.

wonder what I can get for the Les Paul. I'd like to think an 87 LP Studio would fetch around 500.

yeah... I think you could get $500 pretty easily... maybe a bit more. $650?

I am pondering getting a Les Paul... but I don't know if I can part with the Falcon... it's been over two months (I am proud of myself, lol)

the telesonic sounded great last night... I have it setup with 12s (heavy) and medium action, tuned to open G... I played slide for a good 45 minutes of our practice. pretty fun.

It made me think I should just play telecaster style guitars honestly.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    yeah... I think you could get $500 pretty easily... maybe a bit more. $650?

I am pondering getting a Les Paul... but I don't know if I can part with the Falcon... it's been over two months (I am proud of myself, lol)

the telesonic sounded great last night... I have it setup with 12s (heavy) and medium action, tuned to open G... I played slide for a good 45 minutes of our practice. pretty fun.

It made me think I should just play telecaster style guitars honestly.

It's because you're playing the Tele a lot in practice now and performing with it, if you were rocking the Falcon out live a lot it'd be the favorite. Hey, with the way you ship things around why not, you'll eventually miss it though, none of the girls you are dancing with at this point are ugly. You're trading 10's for 10's.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    , none of the girls you are dancing with at this point are ugly. You're trading 10's for 10's.
    :D LOL

That is great. I know what you mean though. I have played it at practice, and it rocks hard. No doubt there. The feedback is a bit bothersome, but it comes with the territory.

I think it is just me wanting to try something else. My wife said the same thing. "You just make up reasons to try other stuff." (She knows me pretty well) :D

I am honestly not sure what I would trade for though. A D-28 would be nice...
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    :D LOL

That is great. I know what you mean though. I have played it at practice, and it rocks hard. No doubt there. The feedback is a bit bothersome, but it comes with the territory.

I think it is just me wanting to try something else. My wife said the same thing. "You just make up reasons to try other stuff." (She knows me pretty well) :D

I am honestly not sure what I would trade for though. A D-28 would be nice...

Sure, I'd look for something seasoned. 70's D-28 maybe. Don't you have the J200 though? Maybe an older J160E.

Wait, screw all that, trade the Falcon for a James Trusart Rusty Tele. You will not be disapointed.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Sure, I'd look for something seasoned. 70's D-28 maybe. Don't you have the J200 though? Maybe an older J160E.

Wait, screw all that, trade the Falcon for a James Trusart Rusty Tele. You will not be disapointed.

If I could find a used Trusart with an owner wanting a Falcon... I would be all over it.

I do have the J200, but that is a maple jumbo. D-28s are rosewood dreads. :D
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    If I could find a used Trusart with an owner wanting a Falcon... I would be all over it.

the Ex GF's 69 D-28 is awesome.
    House53 wrote:

Dave's guitar has a John Lennon J-160E Peace model I could likely get in trade. Natural with a special strap. It's pretty cool.

Also, a 69 D18... not too shabby.
    There's No Code.
    old martins and all solid wood electric gibby's are luscious. I don't know how this relates to the new reverands, but what the hell.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    old martins and all solid wood electric gibby's are luscious. I don't know how this relates to the new reverands, but what the hell.
    sorry for derailing the thread... it relates to revs because they also have laminate and now solid wood guitars...

just like the falcon is laminate and the les paul is solid wood. ;)
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    sorry for derailing the thread... it relates to revs because they also have laminate and now solid wood guitars...

just like the falcon is laminate and the les paul is solid wood. ;)

I was kidding. This is the Gearhead forum, there are only like 20 of us, discussion of anything is fine since they all interrelate. this thread is essentially about new guitars anyway and that's what you're talking about.

That SF is gorgeous. Still fun to have a Trussart, besides, need a hammer, pull out the trussart, need a rudder, pull out the trussart. Ha ha.

another relation, Trussart, steel body, Reverend, Aluminum reso bars and tops occationally.
    good point...

now to find a trussart for less than the street price new.

the Steeltop is likely my favorite... too bad it is $3,000 new.
    There's No Code.
  • reverend guitars are worth to drool over
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    reverend guitars are worth to drool over

sigh....tis true.

House, there is a lightly used steel top on TGP.
  • i always wanted this in the yellow/orange, blue, or red

http://reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/slingshot.html
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    i always wanted this in the yellow/orange, blue, or red

aye, I like it too. did you see the korean made version?
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    aye, I like it too. did you see the korean made version?

no i didnt

(i just ordered a shannon uniphase :) )
    no i didnt

(i just ordered a shannon uniphase :) )

nice, I think you will like the Uniphase.
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    i always wanted this in the yellow/orange, blue, or red

its to bad its got that metal strip on the binding...
  • im sure you can take it off

about the uniphase i should say i got it
    im kind of in a dilema
    Eric offered me to pay 135$ for the uniphase but i also have the money for a Keeley BD-2 which is 150$
    what should i do?
    im sure you can take it off

about the uniphase i should say i got it
    im kind of in a dilema
    Eric offered me to pay 135$ for the uniphase but i also have the money for a Keeley BD-2 which is 150$
    what should i do?

Uniphase, BD2 can be purchased at a later time and more cheaply, there aren't many Uniphases (less than 20) in existance. If you don't like it you can probably flip it for that since it's worth in the 160 range.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Uniphase, BD2 can be purchased at a later time and more cheaply, there aren't many Uniphases (less than 20) in existance. If you don't like it you can probably flip it for that since it's worth in the 160 range.

but if i dont like it, where do i sell it to? i never see any shannons on ebay just for the fact that there arent many
    but if i dont like it, where do i sell it to? i never see any shannons on ebay just for the fact that there arent many

That's a good question, I can't say about resale because I've never seen one come up for sale.

Eric is pretty famous for the regular phaser, there are plenty of people that would jump on it if they saw it on Ebay I think. I don't anticipate you wanting to sell it except to try something different. You could always trade.
  • i still dont know

i want a vibe sound and 135$ sounds good
    but i dont know if i NEED a vibe sound
    i still dont know

i want a vibe sound and 135$ sounds good
    but i dont know if i NEED a vibe sound

It's by far the best phaser I've ever plugged into not quite a true vibe but you get that feel, it's 4 stage. I definately understand where you are coming from. I went through several modulation pedals thinking, wow, this is useless and I should concentrate on OD's and Fuzzes. The Uniphase unless I go to a true vibe is something I might always keep around. It's the first truely good sounding all around modulation pedal I've ever owned. The KBD2 is also a quality pedal that is more transparent than the tubescreamer and it could do very nicely depending on what you want to do and the resale will be in the $120 range probably. It just depends on what you want to do. Maybe go to the store and try out a regular BD2 and it will give you an idea. The Keeley is much louder and cleaner than the standard boss model. The uniphase is better than anything you will find in the average guitar shop phaser lines.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's by far the best phaser I've ever plugged into not quite a true vibe but you get that feel, it's 4 stage. I definately understand where you are coming from. I went through several modulation pedals thinking, wow, this is useless and I should concentrate on OD's and Fuzzes. The Uniphase unless I go to a true vibe is something I might always keep around. It's the first truely good sounding all around modulation pedal I've ever owned. The KBD2 is also a quality pedal that is more transparent than the tubescreamer and it could do very nicely depending on what you want to do and the resale will be in the $120 range probably. It just depends on what you want to do. Maybe go to the store and try out a regular BD2 and it will give you an idea. The Keeley is much louder and cleaner than the standard boss model. The uniphase is better than anything you will find in the average guitar shop phaser lines.

the vibe sound i want is somewhat like whats in Red Mosquito studio version...
    maybe i will just skip it and find my overdrive sound that i want...ive been looking at different things...BD-2, Sonic Distortion, marshall blues breaker, marshall guvnor...the sad thing though is that if i do skip it, it may be exactly what i want, and when i realize that...it will probably be gone

maybe ill completly do something different, ask for a regular BD-2 for xmas and get a Fender Blender right now! =D haha

i found use of the ts9...i use it when im in the bedroom to get a nice boost, because if i use the actual "boost" feature on the amp it gets bassy...but once i crank the baby i dont need the ts9 anymore and the boost is perfect, just adds enough gain for solos

do you know that song Lifeless Dead and November Hotel by Mad Season...is that just delay and a bunch of pedals mixed together?

speaking of red mosquito...mikes intro solo thing, thats a fuzz right?

i just dont know what to do...i know im only 17 so i cant afford much but like any guitarist, you want "THAT" sound and setup and you want it right away and it pisses you off when you cant find it or have to think about how to get it....i read somewhere that Tom Morello said that the sound he has now he found 15 years ago, and its nothing near what he has in his mind...but he feels that if he keeps fooling around with his sound effects, he might find it some day
    the vibe sound i want is somewhat like whats in Red Mosquito studio version...
    maybe i will just skip it and find my overdrive sound that i want...ive been looking at different things...BD-2, Sonic Distortion, marshall blues breaker, marshall guvnor...the sad thing though is that if i do skip it, it may be exactly what i want, and when i realize that...it will probably be gone

maybe ill completly do something different, ask for a regular BD-2 for xmas and get a Fender Blender right now! =D haha

i found use of the ts9...i use it when im in the bedroom to get a nice boost, because if i use the actual "boost" feature on the amp it gets bassy...but once i crank the baby i dont need the ts9 anymore and the boost is perfect, just adds enough gain for solos

do you know that song Lifeless Dead and November Hotel by Mad Season...is that just delay and a bunch of pedals mixed together?

speaking of red mosquito...mikes intro solo thing, thats a fuzz right?

i just dont know what to do...i know im only 17 so i cant afford much but like any guitarist, you want "THAT" sound and setup and you want it right away and it pisses you off when you cant find it or have to think about how to get it....i read somewhere that Tom Morello said that the sound he has now he found 15 years ago, and its nothing near what he has in his mind...but he feels that if he keeps fooling around with his sound effects, he might find it some day

That's essentially what all guitar players go through, the changing quest for tone. The Uniphase may well be very close to that sound on RM depending on what's after it, but if you're only buying it for one sound or song maybe it's not what you want right now. My general rule is that gain effects are > than modulation effects until you find something close to that sound in your head once you get to that overdriven sound you want to change it and thus The Fender Blender might be a great purchase because it's different vastly from anything you've tried yet and it's expressive you have to learn to use it. I know how a billion choices are going through your head, Opening up a shiny new Keeley BD2 on Christmas might be awesome. I'm going to guess you put the TS9 on Ebay once you get the BD2 given your critique of the TS9 with your Traynor. Just be patient, and really play with whatever stuff you get, you can get a lot of different stuff out of each depending on various settings and how you choose to play different riffs. Morello has had that same Peavy cab and Marshall head forever and he's learned how to manipulate them to do his bidding over the years. The sounds he gets out of the delays and whammies are absolutely unreal.