If Santa Claus was real....

2»

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    oh man, is that a KOA top?

Yes indeed koa top, can you believe this was in reach, and then I saw this Gtretsch for 1/2 retail on e-bay, grabbed it, then teh wifelet tells me the other thing. She didn't like the timber top, thought the pretty purple was much better, (it is nice).
    Never mind, it is TOP of the list for my next guitar.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I want that Cab!!!!.... where did you buy it from?

I saw you sold the HJ but you got an RSA nice!! I always sucked at Math.

The IA standard is gorgeous too.

How do you like (and use) the Stage Hog?

I'd also like to know about the rotary station and the Meathead deluxe. I want a rotary effect, but I've been on the EH wiggler for a while now I think I might stick with it.

OMG man...I had the most awesome, detailed response typed up, and my damned computer crashed :(

Now I'm discouraged, so you'll get the short and sweet :D

The Swanson cab came direct from Jeff: http://www.swansoncabinets.com/

I scored a really good deal on the RSA23...which made it a little easier to sell the HJ. I am sure I will miss the HJ, but the RSA is no slouch :)

The IA is in a class with instruments that cost double what Ian is charging IMO. I've owned and played many a solid body over the years. IMO, short of a Stevens or a Gustavsson, the IA takes the cake for solid body guitars.

The Hog isn't here yet. Now that I am rolling with the RSA, I am not sure how I will use the Hog. I might relegate it to studio work, or use it as an amp for small gigs...not sure yet.

The Rotary Station is the finest unit I've used of its type. It's the closest you'll get to a real leslie or motion sound...both of which I have used. The overdrive feature is useless, and turns a lot of people off. I don't use it at all. For doppler effects, no box is more flexible than the Boss. It runs circles around the H&K Rotosphere, though the Roto's overdriven leslie sounds are sexier.

The Meathead Deluxe is just sick. It's like, the best Big Muff I've ever heard, but with three times the tonal flexibility. The higher-grade components make it one of the quietest fuzz boxes I've ever used too. I almost don't miss my Big Cheese now :D. The added tone filter makes the Deluxe a no-brainer for me...deceptively versatile, and bursting with great fuzz tones.

Really surprised that no one is asking much about the MG delay...but kinda happy too. It's one of my secret weapons...no delay I have ever owned or used seems to do quite what this one does. It's just flippin cool! :). Marcelo designed it to capture the sounds of Dave Gilmour's early Floyd dealy freakouts.
  • No, cos I spent the money on teh Gretsch, then cos I had amp dramas, I bought a new Mesa Lonestar, so now I have to WAIT, can you believe it WAIT I SAY, before I can get teh Taylor.
    YOu are right, you can't have too many !!!!!

if this happened to me, i'd sell a kidney. my doctor tells me i have two that are completely identical... but each guitar is unique in its own way.

think about it.

;)
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    if this happened to me, i'd sell a kidney. my doctor tells me i have two that are completely identical... but each guitar is unique in its own way.

think about it.

;)

I could always sell my wife, but she's a beauty. I have a spare horse that may sell soon, though, and BELIEVE ME, if he does, then I know where the money is going. Otherwise, it's grovel and beg and no more lectures to her about sensible financial management. I think I might chuck the Gretsch on e-bay to see what I can get for it.
    Music is not a competetion.